Get the led out

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Spacewig

Get the led out

Post by Spacewig »

Does anyone know what the voice at the beginning of "Get the LED out" is saying? I like when bands do shit like this. Back in the day, (when I had a record player!), I played "Ashes to Ashes" backwards and it said "Memories of you never fade away". I always thought it was part of a song that they chose not to put on ASG.
MatthewF

Re: Get the led out

Post by MatthewF »

I think it is "The Pyro Messiah Has Come!" Some sort of weird comic book angle VV was trying to work I guess
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Interesting fact from Ashes to Ashes !!!
Not known fact for me

Wolfi
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Spacewig wrote:Does anyone know what the voice at the beginning of "Get the LED out" is saying? I like when bands do shit like this. Back in the day, (when I had a record player!), I played "Ashes to Ashes" backwards and it said "Memories of you never fade away". I always thought it was part of a song that they chose not to put on ASG.
I believe that it is from part of a Kuni Song called Memories of you never fade away

[youtube][/youtube]
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Mark did backing vocals, Bobby played drums and Dana produced Kuni's album "Lookin for Action". And it was recorded at Cherokee Studios where a certain VV album released in 1988 was also recorded! Reports Vinnie wasn't too happy about it being on ASG, which I can fully understand. Though, it doesn't distract from the album.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Spacewig

Post by Spacewig »

Cool, thanks for the clarification on the Kuni track. & OK "The pyro messiah has come" Im hearing it now. For the longest time I just thought it was something recorded backwards. Ha!
NashCoywolf14

Post by NashCoywolf14 »

Spacewig wrote:I played "Ashes to Ashes" backwards and it said "Memories of you never fade away".
Now I know that this is an OLD post, but here's a video which lets you hear the start of Ashes To Ashes backwards :3

[youtube][/youtube]
I'm friends with Robert Fleischman and John Regan and it's really cool. You have no idea how much I freaked out when they actually became my friends. XD
*Be warned, I'll make puns whenever it fits. :lol:
Shaft

Post by Shaft »

shramiac wrote:Mark did backing vocals, Bobby played drums and Dana produced Kuni's album "Lookin for Action". And it was recorded at Cherokee Studios where a certain VV album released in 1988 was also recorded! Reports Vinnie wasn't too happy about it being on ASG, which I can fully understand. Though, it doesn't distract from the album.
I believe Dana also played bass on the album. Also, if I am not mistaken, backing vocals on the Kuni album were done by Michael Sweet & Oz Fox of Stryper.
Who's the black private dick that's a sex machine to all the chicks?
Who's the cat who won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Who is the man who would risk his neck for his brother man?
John Shaft, damn right!