RNRHOF- No Ace , No Peter, No...

Talk about Kiss
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

[youtube][/youtube]

Vinnie, You should show up and steal the night !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
TheGoodDr

Re: RNRHOF- No Ace , No Peter, No...

Post by TheGoodDr »

He ain't hopping on a bus to do his own grocery shopping let alone jumping on a place to fly interstate to attend a public event. FFS, the Douche didn't attend his own wife's funeral.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I get what you are saying but just to be on side of caution it is possible his 2nd wife's parents requested him not to go but sure his first wife too he didn't go and his kids were obviously in need but still I think it's hard to judge fully.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I cam mot believe the original line up isn't playing. I guess at least Peter shouldn't have put out that book.
Singer and thayer should have balls and say they will not play. Unfortunately thayer has no career outside kiss so he won't do anything. Kiss are finished if they do this.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes it could hurt them a little bit.

Still believe every member should be there. I bet all the members will get thanked by G & P though......and they should!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Paul has a point. 50 members or greatfull dead inducted why only 4 of kiss.
Paul is just protecting current line up. I think if ace came back kiss current line up screwed. Either way kiss screwed.
All members and producers in my opinion should go in. One rule for some bands and different rule for others .
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The only way kiss are not screwed is if every living member who wants to go goes. They are too loyal to current line up . However tommy and Eric should have said we don't want to take from the originals but they should have done that regarding make up too.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

How hard is it to have a jam that includes everyone ?
KISS doesn't jam though !
It is all about who wears the makeup, not about the music. TRUTH.

Feb 23 2014
ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME STATEMENT FROM KISS
To All Our Fans In Regards To The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:

Out of respect, Ace and Peter's recent statements demand a quick response to you, our fans.

Our intention was to celebrate the entire history of KISS and give credit to all members including long time present members Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer, and additionally Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr all who have made this band what it is, regardless of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame's point of view.

Although KISS has moved forward far longer without them, Ace and Peter are at the very foundation of what we have built and this would all be impossible had they not been a part of it in the beginning.

It is over 13 years since the original lineup has played together in make-up and we believe the memory of those times would not be enhanced. Contrary to claims made through the media we have never refused to play with Ace and Peter.

We have spent 40 years dedicated to building KISS without quitting or wavering as the band has moved forward with huge tours and platinum albums through different important lineups for forty years, to this day.

KISS has always been a band unlike any other. That is why we started KISS. That is why we continue KISS. Being unlike other bands also means making choices and decisions unlike other bands.

This is understandably an emotional situation where there is no way to please everyone.

To bring this to a quick end, we have decided not to play in any line-up and we will focus our attention on celebrating our induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

We are excited and are looking forward to seeing you all on the KISS 40th Anniversary worldwide tour.

It seems like Paul wrote this gem. I can understand not including Mark, but to not include Vinnie in the statement is pure bullshit. He played a lot of live shows and wrote songs that are still in their setlist.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes! Poor form from Paul.......much like his voice!!!! Ooooo I'm a bitch! :D
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I wouldn't miss seeing Ace and Peter's sloppy playing and now I won't have to be reminded that Paul can't sing anymore but still forces himself on Kiss Fans.
For me FUCK the make up just have an all star jam where every surviving member who wishes to attend can go on stage and pay tribute to a few Kiss Songs. They should have chosen songs where all members could trade vocals and guitars solos and it would have been cool and fun for everyone. Again it should be about the music so they should play without the make-up.
Don't get me wrong as I think that Kiss should have been inducted 20 years ago because they deserve it but it could be argued that it took them so long to be inducted because of the makeup as they were viewed as a stage show or and act rather than musicians known for their music and that is sad. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is really a farce anyway when you think of some who have been inducted and others who have not.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

The only way the hall of shame induction would be interesting to me is if all eight surviving members get up and jam together WITHOUT makeup with a tribute to St. John and Carr. I don't see the appeal in seeing the originals together again in makeup (fat Ace in spandex, Paul's deteriorated voice along with Peter's deteriorated drumming skills, etc). Guess it would make for a good laugh...

I figured they'd take the boring, obvious route of just having the present lineup perform.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie Vincent and mark St John not mentioned so Paul would have been happy for all but 2 members to be inducted.
I think it sucks kiss will not play with originals. They should at least let ace play new York Grove and Peter beth without the band.

Oh well.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think Paul has a point about all members but he thinks he is bigger than the organisation that elected them. They really should just loosen up though.
On other side would kiss have been inducted based on records they put out since Peter left? As much as I like vs era I don't think kiss did enough after originals to ever be considered.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

But could also argue if kiss had broken up in 1980 would they have been considered for hall of fame.. not too sure.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ace should have said yes to playing with tommy as space ace and just made them look crazy.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:Ace should have said yes to playing with tommy as space ace and just made them look crazy.
I can see perfection in this comment.

8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

PinkWiz wrote:The only way the hall of shame induction would be interesting to me is if all eight surviving members get up and jam together WITHOUT makeup with a tribute to St. John and Carr. I don't see the appeal in seeing the originals together again in makeup (fat Ace in spandex, Paul's deteriorated voice along with Peter's deteriorated drumming skills, etc). Guess it would make for a good laugh...

I figured they'd take the boring, obvious route of just having the present lineup perform.
THIS - Great Post Kevin!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Welllllll, it wasn't THAT great...

Image 8)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah pw said it. I am 100%:sure vv wouldn't be invited even if everyone else was.
Bye Bye
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

ok no more blaming anyone in the kiss camp please.

the real story is that the rck hall has their "rules" which bend per artist inducted.

as paul said "all 90 members of the grateful dead got in, why cant all members of kiss get in? we're not performing because of this"
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

doublev2 wrote:I cam mot believe the original line up isn't playing. I guess at least Peter shouldn't have put out that book.
Singer and thayer should have balls and say they will not play. Unfortunately thayer has no career outside kiss so he won't do anything. Kiss are finished if they do this.

he's had a job with kiss since the mid 80's

thats one hell of a "no career outside of kiss" i'd take it in a second

Post by 1031 »

Kiss is a brand not a band, and has been that way for a long time. Paul's voice is completely shot Gene is pudgging out of his makeup. They really dont have anything to say musically that the masses or Kiss fans are interested in.
The best thing that could have happened at the RRHOF is all four of the original members do a 10 song set of the their favorites as ex-members pic showed behind them, thank the world for the support for forty years, have Eric turn off the KISS sign and make Tommy sweep up the confetti when they were done.

But as long Gene thinks they can still sell merch the Kiss sausage grinder will still make sausage. I have no doubt they will use backing tracks for Paul very soon so they can keep cashing in.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The four originals doing a classic set would have been perfect for this, but no, can't give the fans that.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
desperado

Post by desperado »

Glad KISS made it because they deserve it....Sorry that Ace and Peter cant play and am sorry that Paul and Gene are to stupid to realize the mistake they are making by not performing with the original 4 BUT.....i'm also thinking that Paul and Gene are deep down having fun by picking their nose and flicking boogers at the Supposed RRHOF for all the years of BS and this is a good way to just really tell the hall of fame and the board members "Hey Fuck You"....so i am happy in that respect!
Heavy Metal Cowboy
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes kiss making a point I suppose. It is one dumb organisation.
Bye Bye