Section for Vinnie covers and adaptations ?

The VVFF has some talented members, here is where you can check them out
SimonSays

Re: Section for Vinnie covers and adaptations ?

Post by SimonSays »

3 words for Trevor : PLEASE TEACH ME :D
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Slayer wrote:Go "KA" "AK"GO

PW - I never realized that your name was Kevin or I forgot bro! Look at us! Same bald head and same handsome face too :-) LOL
Hmmmm, maybe my bro and I are triplets?! ;)
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

I don't know how to embed videos, but expect more VVI covers in April and May as I'm reaching the end of the Chip Roberts Celestial Calendar Winter and will be shifting to the Chip Roberts Celestial Calendar Spring Solstice Ritual Celebrations starting April 5th. I'll also have much higher quality videos because I recently got an HD camera.

[youtube][/youtube]
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Who's that dude and dudette???
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Lil' Jack Horny

Shram, are you referring to Siskel and Ebert?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Go Jack Horny!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Lil' Jack Horny wrote:Shram, are you referring to Siskel and Ebert?
If that's who the two in that picture are? Yeah! I had only heard of them, never see them! The one on the right looks like a woman to me. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Lil' Jack Horny

Shram, you're an old guy, you'r supposed to know who these people are! :lol:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Lil' Jack Horny wrote:Shram, you're an old guy, you'r supposed to know who these people are! :lol:
Different country though young Sonny Jim! :lol:

We've had these two for years in Oz, David & Margaret

They know their stuff but often give a film that was "beautifully made" 4 out of 5 even though it is a completely boring piece of crap!

Sorry to hi-jack thread!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

If anyone's interested here's the way I like to play Streets! It suits my fingers to play it this way and hey, if the notes are right, who cares what position you play it in!?

n3p

Post by n3p »

Darn, I'd better get practising! Good job all

Nick
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Slayer

Love Kills Melody Played Un-melodic :-)

Post by Slayer »

Ever get one of those melodies in your head and it wont go away until it starts to drive you crazy. The Love Kills Melody wouldn't leave and go away today so in my annoyance here is a really annoying version of that sweet Vinnie Vincent melody line. In honor of Dino played on a Spear Les Paul with a "Dino Brown" Quilt Top and some pretty hot Seymore Duncan Pick ups. In honor of Fred played on a little Crate GL X15 on the wah inverse setting. I now have blood running out of my ears and soon you will too LOL! :-)

Whose next????????????? Some you you dudes are GREAT players!

Kev

[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Damn Kev, Sweet sounds.That combination is a keeper. I enjoyed that thoroughly.

Ebony fretboard with abalone inlays ? YUM

NEWBEGINNINGS
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Very Nice Kev !

LOL on the crate wah inverse setting !!! It's more like a piece of junk HP laptop with a integrated microphone that distorts at the slightest bit of volume. I figured the random phasing added to the ambiance of the moment? No ? :? 8) :D
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

LOL with Fred!
That really is a wah inverse setting on that little Crate. Freddy how about a stripped down version like this of Let Freedom Rock? Maybe a how to version of how to play Let Freedom Rock for the folks. I could do one on the basic rhythm pattern but you know more of the song and quite frankly play it better :-)

Rick,
Yassuh brutha Ebony and Abalone! That is one of the nicest playing Les Paul's that I have ever had my hands on! So nice playing in fact that I fell in love with the "Dino Brown Quilt"

Happy Sunday you all!

Kev
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Oh thanx Kev, now ya got that solo in MY head! Time to go crank Love Kills... :)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I always have That Time Of Year solo in my head. It's been years since I played that or Love Kills solos. They are fantastic melodies.

The guitar does look sweet dude. The top is too nice and not brown enough for Dino!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Not Brown enough for Dino? :-)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

The simple, melodic solo in Ecstasy is also quite tasty...
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Slayer wrote:LOL with Fred!
That really is a wah inverse setting on that little Crate. Freddy how about a stripped down version like this of Let Freedom Rock? Maybe a how to version of how to play Let Freedom Rock for the folks. I could do one on the basic rhythm pattern but you know more of the song and quite frankly play it better :-)

Rick,
Yassuh brutha Ebony and Abalone! That is one of the nicest playing Les Paul's that I have ever had my hands on! So nice playing in fact that I fell in love with the "Dino Brown Quilt"

Happy Sunday you all!

Kev

Ah Brother Kev, I see the difference now with the pic of the Crate GX-15....mine is either an older or newer version of that little gem, because mine has none of those "bells and whistles" that I see on that one pictured above. I'll post a pic of mine later. On the Let Freedom Rock thing, I'll be happy to do that. The one I did years ago, (which was more to show the guitar, than cover the song) was just from memory/recollection of the song and I hadn't really sat down with it to try and learn it and wasn't tuned to the record, so I just transposed the thing to try and make it sound closer to the actual pitch. I have since dived into it a little more and think i have it a little closer to the way it was played. As soon as I get a chance, I'll sit on the living room floor under a bright lamp (cause it worked so well for the B.O.T.S video I did) and see if I can get the laptop working again for another stellar, quality contribution to this fabulous thread. :D :D :D :D ( 4 smiley's in a row)

Hope everyone had a terrific weekend !!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I sho dou luvs myself some Fred :lol:

FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

LMAO !!! Hey at least somebody does !

Here is my GX-15 practice amp...this is the one I used to make those horrible noises on the B.O.T.S
video that is a little higher in the thread.

FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

No reverb or other effects , overdrive and clean channels , low, mid, high eq....
that's it, that's all she's got. There is an out on the front to pipe the amp into another speaker, why any one would want to is beyond my comprehension.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

The difference is that you have a GX-15 and I have a GL-X15 :-)
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Ah, yes I see that now... I shot the L.F.R demo tonight Kev and will post it as soon as I can get it uploaded.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

damn i keep forgetting to look in this section.
Great stuff. thanks kev for the brown.
Bye Bye
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Okay, here comes my 2nd contribution to this thread. My 1st being the video playing along with B.O.T.S
a little higher up in the thread. Uncle Kev, was kind of looking for more of a "Introduce ourselves" and
"how to" type feel to go along with the playing. So that's what I attempted. This is the 1st time attempting something like this and it goes a little longer than normal as I try to introduce myself to everyone. Future installments won't need the introduction part. My only regret is that I don't own a shirt as nice as the one Kev is wearing in his last video. Enjoy ! :lol: :D 8)

FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Vic if you could fix the link so the video shows here, that would be good... sorry don't know the steps for embedding vids here..
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Why are you doing your cuurent profession Fredrick!!!! You have an awesome voice for radio! Good looking enough for TV too!
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

haha ... Nah Shram.. I'm too fat for TV, They say TV ads 10 Lbs. :-)

and based on your avatar pic, I would say you are good looking enough for TV also ! :D
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I dunno? Fred's Home Fixes on Fox 31 sounds like a show to me!

Nice tone with that alleged 200 watter too! :)
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Yep, that thing is a real treat. Assuming you saw the pics of it above ? Seriously, Andrew if we are going to keep talking, you are going to have to change your avatar pic. I am typing to you and looking at your avatar pic and it's making me nervous. I am starting to feel a little bit like Manti Te'o ... ;-P
Slayer

Video Response to Fred

Post by Slayer »

I missed a bunch of folks specifically Andrew and (PDub - Kevin) and about 300 others but no intention to slight anyone I just have Alzheimers especially when you add Alcohol!

Kev

[youtube][/youtube]
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Kev !!! My brother, YOU ARE THE MAN ! I know you work hard my friend and for you to take the time to respond that way means alot, and I really appreciate it. You have a genuine "realness" about you that I respect and appreciate. It's too bad we live so far apart, it would be cool to hang out, make some "neighbor annoying noises" on our guitars and maybe check out a live show together, but it's cool that we have the internet to stay in touch.
Which wasn't always the case, as old guys like us know all to well. This thread was a great idea and I, like you hope other will participate. It isn't as easy as it might look to video yourself and explain your guitar mannerisms but alot of fun. :-) I hope it continues. Maybe between all of us we can eventually cover the entire VV catalog !! LOL (okay, maybe not all the solos ;-) ) Maybe for my next contribution, I'll dive into some "Deeper and Deeper" or a little "Twisted". to be continued ! :-)
p.s In future installments, I'll try to improve my web cam/ lighting situation.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I smile during the duration of these videos, No matter how many times I watch them.

AWESOME !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

poserboy71 wrote:I smile during the duration of these videos, No matter how many times I watch them.

AWESOME !!!!
2 Thumbs up !! Agreed Rick !
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yeesssshhhhhh 'ncle Keeeevvvvvv, thats was fine videooooooo! I's enjoyed it tooo! Yeshhhhhhh indeed......urp! :lol: :lol: :lol:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

FREDDYB3 wrote:Yep, that thing is a real treat. Assuming you saw the pics of it above ? Seriously, Andrew if we are going to keep talking, you are going to have to change your avatar pic. I am typing to you and looking at your avatar pic and it's making me nervous. I am starting to feel a little bit like Manti Te'o ... ;-P

Well if you'd prefer, I could always bring back Grant, my gorgeous cancer faced monkey as my avatar! Your choice!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

shramiac wrote:
FREDDYB3 wrote:Yep, that thing is a real treat. Assuming you saw the pics of it above ? Seriously, Andrew if we are going to keep talking, you are going to have to change your avatar pic. I am typing to you and looking at your avatar pic and it's making me nervous. I am starting to feel a little bit like Manti Te'o ... ;-P

Well if you'd prefer, I could always bring back Grant, my gorgeous cancer faced monkey as my avatar! Your choice!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Haha Shram ! Well if those are the only 2 choices, (Scarlett Herzog: who IS incredibly, smoking hot, and the cancer faced monkey) I guess I could allow you to keep it the same. :D
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:

LOL :-) Grant? The Monkey has a name? LOL
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Respect to Grant the Cancer-face monkey!!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

FREDDYB3 wrote:Kev !!! My brother, YOU ARE THE MAN ! I know you work hard my friend and for you to take the time to respond that way means alot, and I really appreciate it. You have a genuine "realness" about you that I respect and appreciate. It's too bad we live so far apart, it would be cool to hang out, make some "neighbor annoying noises" on our guitars and maybe check out a live show together, but it's cool that we have the internet to stay in touch.
Which wasn't always the case, as old guys like us know all to well. This thread was a great idea and I, like you hope other will participate. It isn't as easy as it might look to video yourself and explain your guitar mannerisms but alot of fun. :-) I hope it continues. Maybe between all of us we can eventually cover the entire VV catalog !! LOL (okay, maybe not all the solos ;-) ) Maybe for my next contribution, I'll dive into some "Deeper and Deeper" or a little "Twisted". to be continued ! :-)
Listen, you did this great and I hope that you do many more. I can't speak for anybody other than myself and the Vodka but I like Rick was riveted to your video. We all spend a lot of time here and on a certain level we really get to know each other and our personalities and ticks and then you think that many of us has never seen each other animated or heard each others voices. Some of us have seen pictures of good times had on Facebook but this truly does open up a new dimension.

On a side note how fucking cool was Rick's 20 year old version of "I Stole Your Love". I felt like a little kid laughing and giggling listening to Ricks Version because it revived an old tired song. How about Rick's Rhythm Tone! Too fucking cool!

Back to this it sounds pretty much spot on to what Vinnie Recorded and not so much of an adaptation although you still do get to Fredlify it in places!

So going forward we will speak in terms of Fredlify, Fredlification, Fredamatics, Fredadelics and so on LOL :-)

Thanks for your GREAT contributions brother!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I agree. It makes everyone REAL !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Slayer wrote:
FREDDYB3 wrote:Kev !!! My brother, YOU ARE THE MAN ! I know you work hard my friend and for you to take the time to respond that way means alot, and I really appreciate it. You have a genuine "realness" about you that I respect and appreciate. It's too bad we live so far apart, it would be cool to hang out, make some "neighbor annoying noises" on our guitars and maybe check out a live show together, but it's cool that we have the internet to stay in touch.
Listen, you did this great and I hope that you do many more. I can't speak for anybody other than myself and the Vodka but I like Rick was riveted to your video. We all spend a lot of time here and on a certain level we really get to know each other and our personalities and ticks and then you think that many of us has never seen each other animated or heard each others voices. Some of us have seen pictures of good times had on Facebook but this truly does open up a new dimension.

On a side note how fucking cool was Rick's 20 year old version of "I Stole Your Love". I felt like a little kid laughing and giggling listening to Ricks Version because it revived an old tired song. How about Rick's Rhythm Tone! Too fucking cool!

Back to this it sounds pretty much spot on to what Vinnie Recorded and not so much of an adaptation although you still do get to Fredlify it in places!

So going forward we will speak in terms of Fredlify, Fredlification, Fredamatics, Fredadelics and so on LOL :-)

Thanks for your GREAT contributions brother!

Kevin,
You're a good man ! I have really enjoyed all of your contributions as well, not just here, but over the years.
It's great to open up and "poke a little fun at ourselves" once an awhile as well as sharing a bit about ourselves with the rest of our "relatively small" online community. Thanks to Vic for creating this space and Dino prior to this, that allows us to share all of our common interests. I can't tell you how much I enjoy not only making and posting my own contributions but even more so, coming here and seeing others posts as well. Seriously, I watch and listen to them all over and over again. It's awesome ! btw I love the term "adaptation", it fits perfectly, don't change a thing ! :lol:

As for Rick's audio of "I stole your Love" I thought it was stellar ! It was an all around great job on the tune.
Great job Rick and friends !

I will continue to make contributions and really hope others will as well. (I am already plotting out my next attack :twisted: ) It's alot of fun and everyone will enjoy doing it I am sure. It shouldn't be about ego or anything like that, it's about sharing our love of music and guitars and building our friendships, at least in my humble opinion.

LOL on the Fredify, Fredification, etc. funny ! That works for me as long as you continue to supply
more great Uncle Kevisms for us all to enjoy ! Rock on my Brother !! 8) :D

Have a great Easter everyone !
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Figured I would wait and do a little more work on this song, but wth. It's already on Youtube and my facebook page the way it is...raw, just the way you like it. Complete with misguided, unrehearsed noodling at the end.
This is the "Strat" that I put together last summer. The little crate doesn't work very well with single coils.
Oh well, here it is....Me clunking around with Deeper and Deeper.. :lol:

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I like that noodling at the end :-)

Thank you so much for the share Freddy :-) The mirror pick guard is pretty cool. I have an abomination that I call the Frankencaster that has a mirror pick guard and SS hardware :-) Part Strat, part Tele and part Karloff :-)

Do you like scalloped finger boards?
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Hey Kev,

Ha, You might be in the minority... Just kidding. Sure man thanks for watching it, I have so much fun doing these, it is like a new addiction. Regardless of how bad they might be. On the guitar, yes I love the pic guard! So glad that I decided to use that over the plain white one that came with the pickups. Have I seen pics of the Frankencaster ? I am assuming I have at somepoint ? You have so many great guitars Kev ! The scalloped neck on that one is cool, but very different feel for me. Honestly Kev, I am not totally used to it yet, I really haven't had enough time to just play it. Looking back, I should have gotten a neck that was just scalloped from the 12th up, instead of the entire neck. I don't really like it for rhythm playing too much. It's something different though.
On another note, the more I use that little Crate, the more I realize why I have had it for almost 20 years and hardly ever used it. I can't wait to get my gear room back up and running. :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Love the scallop myself! Cool work Fred!