Site Admin

Re: Challenge to Vinnie

Post by Genebaby »

Basically, don't do it.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

If he wants to sell them he should consign them to the guitar center. That's too easy for vv, he would rather conjure up some evil plan like lex Luther.
Bye Bye
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

doublev2 wrote:You would have to be brave to buy. I would say you have to get a tight contract in vinnies real name with his real house address and not a company he had made up. Also.a time line. Also detailed description of the condition the guitar is expected in, who makes it and photos of the progresses. Even then its a huge risk.
What a horrible situation for such a good looking guitar.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, pricing it out of the stratosphere and then of course the "contract" of doom that Vinnie wanted to enforce, it's a damn shame.

Ooops, he did it again....(ruined his reputation).
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

Can you get that guitar legimately from anywhere else?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

the vv approved one is only through vinnie. not sure if its still for sale or not. others do make them.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Portillo wrote:Can you get that guitar legimately from anywhere else?
TJ MONSTER Guitars will make a "similar" guitar for a fraction of the price----HIGH QUALITY !!!! Check out the bottom of the main menu of the VVFF. A lot of the members of the VVFF have ordered a guitar from TJ.

You can order a copy from Ed Roman and pay out the ass.

Also, Another "OPTION" may present itself in coming months. Stay tuned.
Until then , Order a
TJ MONSTER Guitar !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i am guessing if vv is still selling them he is selling the ones that were made for namm.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah ED ROMAN GUITARS make the abstract vee or something. I didn't like the black one that was on ebay a few years back for 4k. didn't sell either.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Genebaby wrote:Witness the failed guitar collection and the $1000 guitar pick as evidence Vinnie is out of touch with demand and reality.

I guess if a pick can be $1000 then $9000 for a guitar (sans case of course) is realistic. In the warped universe Vinnie inhabits.
You can get Vinnie Vincent picks on Amazon.com for $16.99. Better deal.

Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

poserboy71 wrote:TJ MONSTER Guitars will make a "similar" guitar for a fraction of the price----HIGH QUALITY !!!! Check out the bottom of the main menu of the VVFF. A lot of the members of the VVFF have ordered a guitar from TJ.

You can order a copy from Ed Roman and pay out the ass.

Also, Another "OPTION" may present itself in coming months. Stay tuned.
Until then , Order a
TJ MONSTER Guitar !!!!
I would love to get me one if I had the money.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's basically a rr v slightly modified.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

KissMyAss wrote:
Genebaby wrote:Witness the failed guitar collection and the $1000 guitar pick as evidence Vinnie is out of touch with demand and reality.

I guess if a pick can be $1000 then $9000 for a guitar (sans case of course) is realistic. In the warped universe Vinnie inhabits.

I bought a similar set of Randy Rhoads guitar pics about 10 years ago. That's pretty cool, I may have to get the Vinnie set too!
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

I love Randy Rhoads.

[youtube][/youtube]
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

KissMyAss wrote:I love Randy Rhoads.

[youtube][/youtube]
Great post KMA
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Portillo wrote:What a horrible situation for such a good looking guitar.
Exactly. I don't even play guitar, but I would consider buying that guitar if:
1) It were the Vinnie approved model with a certificate and an autograph
2) It didn't cost more than my first car
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Genebaby
Site Admin

Challenge to Vinnie

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie likes the kind of price tags you can see at car dealerships.
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

erg2 wrote:Exactly. I don't even play guitar, but I would consider buying that guitar if:
1) It were the Vinnie approved model with a certificate and an autograph
2) It didn't cost more than my first car
Me too. I played guitar back in high school but now I would want that guitar just as a collectors item.

Post by 1031 »

The base model guitar with just standard paint should cost around 3500.00 thats a fair low count production guitar price. The Gold leaf guitar around 4500.00. Even using high quality parts that would leave the luthier a very comfortable 1500.00 labor and 500.00 a guitar for Vinnie. If this was a production guitar at a name brand guitar Co. about 2500.00 a guitar.

And really it does not matter what the cost should be because they will never be built. Theres not a shop in the world that would deal with the guy, after he fucked Tom on the builds. I know Tom has not really came clean with the whole details but you bet he would be the first call any luthier would make if approached to build the guitars.

So in the end the hope of guitars being built, new music, releasing GH, any performances or appearance's from Vinnie is just mental masturbation. Stick a fork in him he's done, it's over.

So here my challenge to Vinnie: Just do anything that will not involve you whining or screwing someone over. Just make it threw one day of not thinking your a victim.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It would be great if Tom came to us and revealed everything. Unfortunately , I believe that will never happen.
I wonder if Tom is just as much of a dick as Vinnie is.

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

1031 wrote:The base model guitar with just standard paint should cost around 3500.00 thats a fair low count production guitar price. The Gold leaf guitar around 4500.00. Even using high quality parts that would leave the luthier a very comfortable 1500.00 labor and 500.00 a guitar for Vinnie. If this was a production guitar at a name brand guitar Co. about 2500.00 a guitar.

And really it does not matter what the cost should be because they will never be built. Theres not a shop in the world that would deal with the guy, after he fucked Tom on the builds. I know Tom has not really came clean with the whole details but you bet he would be the first call any luthier would make if approached to build the guitars.

So in the end the hope of guitars being built, new music, releasing GH, any performances or appearance's from Vinnie is just mental masturbation. Stick a fork in him he's done, it's over.

So here my challenge to Vinnie: Just do anything that will not involve you whining or screwing someone over. Just make it threw one day of not thinking your a victim.

Remember last year when all the news was that Vinnie was going to be releasing all kinds of stuff?

http://www.rockstarweekly.com/vinnie-vi ... uitar.html
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

KissMyAss wrote:I guess if a pick can be $1000 then $9000 for a guitar (sans case of course) is realistic. In the warped universe Vinnie inhabits.
A pick for $1000. Insanity isnt a strong enough word.
KMHayden

Post by KMHayden »

Portillo wrote:
KissMyAss wrote:I guess if a pick can be $1000 then $9000 for a guitar (sans case of course) is realistic. In the warped universe Vinnie inhabits.
The words "Vinnie" and "Vincent" put together suit the scenario quite well.
Eh.

---

Anyone know a decent way to contact Bobby Rock? I need to talk to him about an important business proposal, among other things...
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Portillo wrote:
Genebaby wrote that quote not me.. just letting you folks know. I do not believe in plagiarism. Not going to take credit for it, even though the program messed that up.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Challenge to Vinnie

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, that's strange. You can mess with things to do that if you want to.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Genebaby wrote:Yeah, that's strange. You can mess with things to do that if you want to.
Oh yeah..it was probably an accident. It first showed up in someone else's reply. I can't imagine why it wouldn't have been done by mistake.
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

I didnt do that on purpose. I must of quoted this and deleted the wrong name.
Genebaby wrote:
KissMyAss wrote:Witness the failed guitar collection and the $1000 guitar pick as evidence Vinnie is out of touch with demand and reality.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That would do it!!
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

Portillo wrote:

i got a guitar pick that was a super limited run from eric singer and it was only about 12 bucks...but some terribly not played or mass produced run of picks from vinnie? uhm......no thanks.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, just putting it out there, if anybody has a lazy grand lying around gathering dust, Vinnie will trade you a guitar pick for it.

He's keen to do business with YOU!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
5minLuvKills

Post by 5minLuvKills »

Genebaby wrote:Well, just putting it out there, if anybody has a lazy grand lying around gathering dust, Vinnie will trade you a guitar pick for it.

He's keen to do business with YOU!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Just a grand...mark me down for 10, I can easily get a hundred grand for each on eBay...that a STEAL...err wait make that 100 pennies :lol:
Rock and Roll is my RELIGION and my LAW
MusicStudent

Post by MusicStudent »

Vinnie Vincent had dead dogs in his freezer! He's angry! He pissed on his guitar!

Hey man, ROCK AND ROLL!! Hahaha!!! I think if the guy was "normal" or "logical" , then that wild guitar playing wouldn't work. He's radical, hes an artist, I love that guy!!!!

Seriously, a lot of people have done a lot worse things. He gave us some awesome music! It motivated me for years and still does! If you're reading this, VV, THANKS!

I wish him well. If he needs counseling, he should get it. I'll say a prayer for him and his wife, no joke.
No wimps. No false metal...
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

MusicStudent wrote:Vinnie Vincent had dead dogs in his freezer! He's angry! He pissed on his guitar!

Hey man, ROCK AND ROLL!! Hahaha!!! I think if the guy was "normal" or "logical" , then that wild guitar playing wouldn't work. He's radical, hes an artist, I love that guy!!!!

Seriously, a lot of people have done a lot worse things. He gave us some awesome music! It motivated me for years and still does! If you're reading this, VV, THANKS!

I wish him well. If he needs counseling, he should get it. I'll say a prayer for him and his wife, no joke.

Yes that's all fine and dandy but when he's ripping people off and declaring war on his last remaining fans that's NOT cool. Be angry and piss on your guitar all u want... that's not the point. Stay here long enough and it will become clear to you... yes, the guy needs help... bad. The "craziness" did help him as an artist to a certain extent... but when it starts becoming destructive to him and the people around him, supporting him, etc. then that's when it becomes a problem.
MusicStudent

Post by MusicStudent »

PinkWiz, I am a total noob here. Hey, I wasn't aware he barked at the fans in the forum. Yeah, I can see why people are mad about that.

Is there a link to that discussion somewhere?

I shouldn't make light of the man's behavior. I sincerely wish the guy well and hope he gets any counseling he needs.

Who did he rip off, though?....I must've missed that... Are you talking about the super expensive VV guitars?
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

The super expensive VV guitars were ridiculous but I'm referring to the box set fiasco from '97 that even involved some members here... and the fact that he booted EVERY member but a choice few from Dino's DoubleV forum when he took over... and the fact that we appreciate Vinnie's musical contributions but refuse to lick his ass he refers to this forum as the "roach motel". Fukn dick should be appreciative that he even has ONE fan still interested in his carreer.
MusicStudent

Post by MusicStudent »

PinkWiz wrote:The super expensive VV guitars were ridiculous but I'm referring to the box set fiasco from '97 that even involved some members here... and the fact that he booted EVERY member but a choice few from Dino's DoubleV forum when he took over... and the fact that we appreciate Vinnie's musical contributions but refuse to lick his ass he refers to this forum as the "roach motel". Fukn dick should be appreciative that he even has ONE fan still interested in his carreer.
Wow....I had no idea.

I'm not surprised. Hey, when I was a kid I bought a Washburn AF40 "Ace Frehley" guitar. Talk about getting ripped off. Ace hated it, didn't play it, and....it was a barely playable novelty item. Gene is an ass...most of these guys are total jackasses. You realize we're discussing 60 year old bald guys, hahah.

The guitar playing they came up with is something of value, however....if VV would come out with lessons, and/or a guitar instructional book, I'd buy it without feeling like I got my money stolen.

Dead dogs in the freezer....dude...HAHAHA! I can't get past that. Can you picture the police's reaction in Tennessee when they found that?? WTF!! Haha.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I have dibs on your Washburn AF-40. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
MusicStudent

Post by MusicStudent »

poserboy71 wrote:I have dibs on your Washburn AF-40. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I sold it about 10 years ago.

I dropped EMG 81s in it (because that's what VV used and the stock pickups were weak). Man, it was a shoddy bolt on with the first string slipping off the fretboard. I slid the bridge over, Messed with the neck, put pick slivers under the "wonder bar" bridge piece to fix that....what a piece of crap.

Hey, thanks, Ace for putting your name on a toy.....grrrr. I played it to death but it was junk. Did I forget to say it was crap?.?

You are not missing anything...
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I own the crimson-bolt version. I was guessing that yours was the silver-bolt ?

YES, They are POOPY.

NEWBEGINNINGS
MusicStudent

Post by MusicStudent »

poserboy71 wrote:I own the crimson-bolt version. I was guessing that yours was the silver-bolt ?

YES, They are POOPY.
Yup, mine was black silver. That body shape has potential, however. Very well balanced, you could sit with it in std and classical positions, looks kinda like a bc rich ironbird...even better.

A bc rich or Jackson version of that could be phenomenal...neck thru or set...

Bit of info to ponder...randy and Rudy Sarzo were band mates...randy came out with his Jackson in 82...Rudy comes out with his quiet riot bass in 84 (the bass that morphed into the af40 ace washburn in 86). In a way aces guitar (a guitar version of rudy's bass) and randy rhodes Jackson are sorta related...well, they are in my warped mind! Both "pointy" guitars.

Hey man, one day I might ask u to trace an outline of your ace guitar on butcher paper and send it to me....I wanna make a custom body based on that design one day. It can wait for a while,....

Hey, I own a Sarzo Washburn slammer bass...play it nearly every day. Reminds me of the af40....
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

MusicStudent wrote:
Hey man, one day I might ask u to trace an outline of your ace guitar on butcher paper and send it to me....I wanna make a custom body based on that design one day. It can wait for a while,....

My pleasure. :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good posts. Good point about the rr v too. Image
Bye Bye
MusicStudent

Post by MusicStudent »

Yeah, man! Ripping off gullible youth with guitars nobody important ever played! They're all a bunch of A Holes! Cool over-priced novelty souvenirs, though!

Anybody ever see or play the "RR" Washburn?

Vinnie and Ace did give us something of value, however...those rocking SOLOS! I don't expect any integrity from any of those guys.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I want the Washburn that Brian May plays in this video:

[youtube][/youtube]

I remember actually perking up because Brian was playing a pointy guitar.
I was a kid that didn't know any better and actually would dismiss the SONG if the solo didn't have any wanking in it and would dismiss the video if the guitar player had boring looking guitars.

That being said,I would suck shit to have a Red Special now.

NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

poserboy71 wrote:I was a kid that didn't know any better and actually would dismiss the SONG if the solo didn't have any wanking in it

I actually went thru this phase too when I was 17 for a couple months and only listened to Vinnie's first album, Racer X, Cacophony, Vai, Shotgun Messiah, etc... until I finally realized the only wanking I was gonna pull off was behind closed doors. :oops:

Then I discovered stuff on the total other end of the spectrum... Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, KMFDM, etc. (the ironic thing being that Tim Skold from Shotgun Messiah would go on to join KMFDM years later).
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Did you like pop will eat itself?
I went through a cacophony thing in 88. Jason and marty always replied to my letters. I think they were mostly gerting letters from japan. Cacophony had virtually no exposure in us magazines but maybe a tiny bit in guitar magazines.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

yes, I loved Pop Will Eat Itself!

Ich Bin Ein Auslander!!!
crossroads

Post by crossroads »

What does he charge for a guitar & did anyone actually order from him??
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Anout 10 thousand plus case and shipping and no no one bought.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, in these economic times it was not the deal of the century.