What's happening with Vinnie?

News and information from 2018 onwards
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

lerxstcat,
You are stating the facts pretty accurately and I got no beef with you. You want him to take ownership of his actions and I don't have any issues with that because we all have to be accountable. As you have stated we are talking about and individual who is a paranoid 14 year recluse.
The 1st thing with an individual like this is not a forced recogning or accountability but more of establishing a safe environment where they can grow and open up and the dialogue can be established where bridges can be built and mended.

With all of this said this guy is one talented stylist and I have been waiting for going on 20 years to hear something new. The reason we are here is not because we love the man, his actions or how he treats people but mearly because he is an awesome musician that inspires us. Nobody here is acting like a battered wife who just took the big one up the ass and the got the reward of the money shot being squirted in our faces. We only want to buy the music that has been promised and the drama that is associated with all these lock outs and paranoia is bullshit. We are all against our will caught in this tempest and it's time to stop the spinning.

Your a cool dude, we are glad your here and you are speaking the truth but the truth isn't going to get me any new Vinnie Vincent Music that I have been waiting ages for. The truth is going to scare a nearly 60 year old man back into hiding until he dies and the music is lost and gone for ever. I like to listen to alot of talented players out there but there is only one Vinnie Vincent which is why most of us are here.

Kev
teej

Post by teej »

Suzie Q / Vinnie ... whatever .. your lovely board just got shut down it seems .. still so loyal and faithfull now?
doublev

Post by doublev »

Drew. The only person on the doublev board is Vinnie . No moderator. I gave it for nothing and no strings. I was asked to stay on as moderator until I banned Suzie q for anti Jewish remarks and being very busy at work one week. I gave vinnievincent.com for free as well as I thought we the fans would get some long awaited music. I asked for nothing . I was promised a gift which never came, but I didn't care. Its the other stuff that concerned me.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Major news ????
DoubleV boards title is still "MAJOR NEW NEWS ON VINNIE VINCENT. YOU MUST SIGN UP AND LOG IN TO READ. AN EXCLUSIVE FOR MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD "

What's the major news ????
lerxstcat

Post by lerxstcat »

Slayer wrote:lerxstcat,
You are stating the facts pretty accurately and I got no beef with you. You want him to take ownership of his actions and I don't have any issues with that because we all have to be accountable. As you have stated we are talking about and individual who is a paranoid 14 year recluse.
The 1st thing with an individual like this is not a forced recogning or accountability but more of establishing a safe environment where they can grow and open up and the dialogue can be established where bridges can be built and mended.

With all of this said this guy is one talented stylist and I have been waiting for going on 20 years to hear something new. The reason we are here is not because we love the man, his actions or how he treats people but mearly because he is an awesome musician that inspires us. Nobody here is acting like a battered wife who just took the big one up the ass and the got the reward of the money shot being squirted in our faces. We only want to buy the music that has been promised and the drama that is associated with all these lock outs and paranoia is bullshit. We are all against our will caught in this tempest and it's time to stop the spinning.

Your a cool dude, we are glad your here and you are speaking the truth but the truth isn't going to get me any new Vinnie Vincent Music that I have been waiting ages for. The truth is going to scare a nearly 60 year old man back into hiding until he dies and the music is lost and gone for ever. I like to listen to alot of talented players out there but there is only one Vinnie Vincent which is why most of us are here.

Kev
Kev, I understand what you want, but Vinnie has had this forgiving, safe internet environment for how long? And still nothing for hs fans.

I am dating a girl who came out of a abusive relationship and have studied up on it to understand a lot of her kneejerk reactions to situations,
and the symptoms here are classic abuse victim or Stockholm Syndrome survivor.

Sure, he may not be physically putting it up your ass, but he is abusive to his fans and then they are overly grateful for any small communications he does make, and submit to the constant abuse. It's textbook.

Maybe he needs some tough love, if 14 years of coddling haven't worked. Maybe once everyone tells him to fuck off, he might go ahead and produce something as a tangible effort to win fans back.

I'd like to see that, because I liked his playing and music. But to be honest there is enough other good stuff out there that Vinnie can withhold his golden tones and it's not gonna hurt me a bit. He's fucking himself.

I don't like abusers because I see the damage they do every day, in my own girlfriend who is still damaged and has no self esteem.

You guys, begging Vinnie for new music, putting up with the abuse he dishes out, like he is today, right now? You don't deserve the abuse, and he should be kissing the ass of every fan who still cares in 2010.

That's just my opinion though, and everyone's got one...
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the new forum.
What the fuck is going on? Let me see if I got everything right so far. VV is now the owner of an old board and is deleting people out of that board. And this is why? Because he's nuts (and Gene is right about everything he has said about Vinnie):) No new album, no new guitar? Everything has been canceled? Again? Hilarious and pathetic. Oh my, oh my...
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

haha, good one Tommy. Where exactly did you guys come up with the $8000 figure though?
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

I dunno, I never seen anything about price, but I have seen a couple posts that mention that $8k figure and wandered if theres more info then I am aware of. The pathetic thing is I would probably give that much for one, even though in all honesty 1/2 of that is more than fair. I cant believe its this hard to get ahold of the Tom Palecki /AZG guy. At least he would know if I need to give up hope. Worst case I will have TJ build me a fucking Pear VV copy I guess , this is just ridiculous the more I think about it- we are pretty much offering to give VV $ and he still doesnt want to take it ??
teej

Post by teej »

just a random thought .. but re-sale value ? guitar quality? all the things I said that seemed to piss Vinnie off enuff to boot me off the forum .. but is the truth and cannot be ignored .. 8k for a guitar that cant be seen tried or tested .. I think not!
teej

Post by teej »

dude .. I am not pissed off with you anymore .. it was 3 yrs ago ffs .. water under the bridge .. glad to know oyur alive and well .. and yes .. there was little risk in a Jackson .. it paid off tho
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Hi Tee, did you buy Vinnie's gold guitar from the LIU Era back in 96 ?
i read he sold one to a fan
teej

Post by teej »

Streetbeat .. no man I didnt buy it .. I only have the snakeskin .. no other guitars .. am a player not a collector .. I just always dreamed of having the Jackson VVV .. bloody missing it tho as I have nothing to play right now out here
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

well he did try to sell it to a fan in 96 - it was me. I was going to tell this story on dinos sight but he didnt want any negative shit about VV. I had posted the story on the old pyro messiah board years ago if you remember that. I dont want to cast VV in a bad light (haha does he really need my help), so bear in mind maybe there was a lack of communication during between me and him and his atty. in the following story - this is simply my side of it , the best I remember it, so be it. Obviously I am still a huge fan (see my post on this forum under "talk about your equpment" titled "the guitars in my Vinnie corner".

In 1996 I flew out to NY to meet with VV about buying a guitar from him. I believe the actual convention was in Newark but it was put on as the NY Kiss convention. The guitar that I was wanting was in fact the gold metal flake Rhoads model from the Creatures tour. That was the only guitar I was interested in, period. Of course in hindsight I should have bought whatever I could, oh well. After talking with him and having him sign some stuff we talked about the guitar purchase. Mind you this was way before the computer age was what it is now, you didnt have any and all info you ever needed at the click of a mouse. I had done some research and talked with various people at different Kiss conventions in Chicago , atlanta, etc about this guitar and had come to the conclusion (mainly by going through hundreds of pictures) that the guitar had been painted pink sometime during the beginning of the lick it up tour. However, VV was adamant that no, I was wrong - he still had the gold creatures guitar and would sell it to me for $3000. BUT I couldnt get it that week, I would have to wait 3 weeks and could send his atty the $ and they/he would send me the guitar. He then introduced me to his atty who was there next to him at the convention. I believe his name was also Vinnie or Vince or something to that effect. I didnt get a business card or anything , not that I asked for one , but for all I know in hindsight that guy was the guy who changed VV's oil. I was fairly young at the time, a skinny naive kid from the midwest that had never been to the east coast, was talking to one of the biggest influences in my life, getting ready to spend a decent amount of $ on a guitar that in the back of my mind I though was sounding shady. I gave the atty guy my phone # as neither of them would gived me any contact info, he called me 2-3 weeks later and wanted to know if I could send the $ out. I told him I was a little concerned that I didnt get to see the guitar, which I could tell ruffled his feathers (I remember he was trying to pull off some kind of mafia sounding Godfather style dialect on me) , so he said if I wanted I could fly into the airport (sorry but I cant recall for sure if it was Newark or Conn. or where) and hand him the cash and he would hand me the guitar case. I ended up blowing him off as I was just convinced that they needed 3 weeks to paint a Rhoads up in gold paint to sucker me into taking. Like I said, in hindsight, any guitar I would have got from him would probably still be worth 3 grand, but it was just all too sketchy for me when I started thinking more into it, maybe I thought too much into it??. Over the years though, the more research I do, I am positive without doubt that the gold guitar no longer exists - it was painted pink. Possibly the one at the hard rock cafe- I wish I could review those pics.

thats my story and I'm stickin to it!
doublev

Post by doublev »

Its seems like esp guitars and their offiicial board that rips vinnie apart are fine not to take legal Acton upon, they have slandered the Guy for sure. I actually spoke to esp hq to remove most of that trash.... His fans have just shown disappointment and wanted to find out facts that have never been answered with no b.s.. also accusing people of slander is a form of slander itself. Very offensive .
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

thanks for sharing that !
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yes . Interesting mp.
I was concerned about a repeat. I always defended it, until now.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer wrote: Nobody here is acting like a battered wife who just took the big one up the ass and then got the reward of the money shot being squirted in our faces.
PURE FUCKING POETRY. Slayer's quote should be the name of this forum instead of the UNofficial blablabla... I peed in my pants a lil' bit !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by poserboy71 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

lerxstcat,
We are good and now 100% on the same page. When I read BT's post that he was cancelling the guitar and the music I pretty much blew a fucking gasket.

Totally pissed off at Vinnie!

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It looks like Vinnie won't be totally bankrupt as he was trying to stop Gene and Paul from selling off his rights to the LIU music to pay the court costs he owed them.

Strange how Vinnie's lawyer was claiming the LIU album was Vinnie's life's work. What about the Invasion recordings and Euphoria?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Genebaby wrote: Strange how Vinnie's lawyer was claiming the LIU album was Vinnie's life's work. What about the Invasion recordings and Euphoria?

How's that ?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

doublev

Post by doublev »

To be fair, if the guitar is official, signed and documented it should have good resale value to counter the fact its from a relative unknown guitar maker. I do believe the quality would be top of the line. But its a risk buying anything untested , especially if you are a player, for that kind of money. I suppose it can be returned after a few days by usa law if its not to the buyers satisfaction. I don't know the us laws anymore. The problem is such a hefty deposit for me and the high risk. Hewould have done well to sell through a major distributor or retail store.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

A guitar at that price is not something most people would buy untested/un-played.

There is the fact that as a Vinnie Vincent product you would just buy it regardless, as playing it is secondary to having it in your collection.

Lots of Vinnie fans seem to be guitar players so playability would be of interest too. Not saying Tom cant' make a great guitar, I'm sure he can but it's just not a known quantity. These things NEED to be in retail stores, that's how things are done, or through a distribution company people have heard of where returns are easy.

Then there is the issue of warranty. Would you send it back to Vinnie if there is a problem? Worldwide connections are needed there.

Then there's the price. Asking so much when you've done so little for so long, gee, it's a big ask. You'd sell a LOT more for a LOT less and make probably more money. Though of course I have no idea how many were planned to be made nor how many Tom can produce in a month/year.

Do you know how he planned to sell them upon release Dino? Surely not through the board straight from his place or Tom's workshop?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

WoW!!, Think I've come to the realization that the AZG / PEAR, Tom Palecki VV axe is not going to happen :cry: . Even was going to try one more thing to try to get hold of someone who knows Tom Palecki & try to find out if the guitar is real. But I think I'm giving up. F**k it, it's doing my head in :twisted: . Gonna go buy the Godin(another of Steve :lol: Steven's influence) axe I've been eyeing off for two years. I've been putting off buying this Godin, one, cause I don't have the cash & two, when I hear of the AZG, well opportunity cost came into the equation. Will talk to Andre LaBelle (with VINNIE VINCENT 1991 – 1994)
(http://www.kissfaq.com/focus/kiss_family4.pdf)
& see if I can get him to join the forum or at least answer some question that us, the VV fans have. Feel sorry for Andre, cause he is an amazingly talented drums & should have been as well know as Bobby Rock. And if VV had done the right thing & released Guitarmageddon in it's full sonic glory that would have happened. Great interview with Andre LaBelle here (listen & read between the lines, eg the insanity of not being able to take tapes home to learn the songs :!: )...
lerxstcat

Post by lerxstcat »

psychofish wrote:i still think lick it up was vinnies best work ever. his invasion stuff was good. little over the top but that is what was in at the time. lick it up has survived 27 yrs and is a classic. everytime you hear it on the radio you say listen thats vinnie playing that guitar. or at least everyone i know does. he was a genius. such a waste of talent.
Yeah, but there's not even a solo in Lick It Up. What's there, Paul could have played just as well as Vinnie, so his talent really doesn't come to the fore. It's a cool 3-chord rock song, but not a showcase.

VVI WAS a showcase, and over the top is kinda the point with Vinnie IMO. It's what I liked about him, anyway. But everybody appreciates a different aspect, I guess, and that's cool too.
lerxstcat

Post by lerxstcat »

Genebaby wrote:A guitar at that price is not something most people would buy untested/un-played.

There is the fact that as a Vinnie Vincent product you would just buy it regardless, as playing it is secondary to having it in your collection.

Lots of Vinnie fans seem to be guitar players so playability would be of interest too. Not saying Tom cant' make a great guitar, I'm sure he can but it's just not a known quantity. These things NEED to be in retail stores, that's how things are done, or through a distribution company people have heard of where returns are easy.

Then there is the issue of warranty. Would you send it back to Vinnie if there is a problem? Worldwide connections are needed there.

Then there's the price. Asking so much when you've done so little for so long, gee, it's a big ask. You'd sell a LOT more for a LOT less and make probably more money. Though of course I have no idea how many were planned to be made nor how many Tom can produce in a month/year.

Do you know how he planned to sell them upon release Dino? Surely not through the board straight from his place or Tom's workshop?
You've got one of the worst horror stories around when it comes to getting burned on warranty work from a custom builder, Vic. Those concerns must be red-hot in your mind!

If Vinnie were smart he'd do what almost every other metal artist has done and go to ESP. He'd need a current record to promote, but I am sure ESP would make his sig guitar for him. Worldwide distribution and models from $4,000 to $400, he'd make a mint.

But again, he'd need to actually put our a CD and tour on it. ESP will endorse almost anybody if they are actually working. Hell, they endorsed Dave Mustaine even in retirement. But to be realistic, look at Dave's body of work compared to Vinnie's. How much you like one or the other is subjective, but Dave has BEEN THERE, consistently making records regularly.

Vinnie, if you're reading this, ESP, man. Not quite as cool as Jackson but close...
doublev

Post by doublev »

if esp would give a 4k cut it may work, if not i doubt it and those esp players would not let it die.

I am sure the quality would have been amazing on the new guitar. But only very wealthy fans could afford it.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

lerxstcat wrote:
Genebaby wrote:A guitar at that price is not something most people would buy untested/un-played.

You've got one of the worst horror stories around when it comes to getting burned on warranty work from a custom builder, Vic. Those concerns must be red-hot in your mind!

If Vinnie were smart he'd do what almost every other metal artist has done and go to ESP. He'd need a current record to promote, but I am sure ESP would make his sig guitar for him. Worldwide distribution and models from $4,000 to $400, he'd make a mint.

But again, he'd need to actually put our a CD and tour on it. ESP will endorse almost anybody if they are actually working. Hell, they endorsed Dave Mustaine even in retirement. But to be realistic, look at Dave's body of work compared to Vinnie's. How much you like one or the other is subjective, but Dave has BEEN THERE, consistently making records regularly.

Vinnie, if you're reading this, ESP, man. Not quite as cool as Jackson but close...
Honestly Rich I wasn't even thinking of "that" but thanks for bringing it up!! :D

I had just realised that it takes a lot to bring a product to the market and support is another aspect we didn't know anything about

With the GMW I thought I would be fine, but no, I was one of the few that got screwed, and there have been others.

Vinnie has been seen with an ESP before, something we'd all like to know about, Dino, did you ever ask him about the ESP?

I've been thinking about it some more and if everything is canceled now then Vinnie is hurting himself big time too. We don't get the music, maybe the guitar, and he doesn't get the money he was going to make.

I think/hope there will be a change of mind there.
Batman

Post by Batman »

lerxstcat wrote:
psychofish wrote:i still think lick it up was vinnies best work ever. his invasion stuff was good. little over the top but that is what was in at the time. lick it up has survived 27 yrs and is a classic. everytime you hear it on the radio you say listen thats vinnie playing that guitar. or at least everyone i know does. he was a genius. such a waste of talent.
Yeah, but there's not even a solo in Lick It Up. What's there, Paul could have played just as well as Vinnie, so his talent really doesn't come to the fore. It's a cool 3-chord rock song, but not a showcase.

VVI WAS a showcase, and over the top is kinda the point with Vinnie IMO. It's what I liked about him, anyway. But everybody appreciates a different aspect, I guess, and that's cool too.
I think what our own psychofish was saying was that "lick it up - the album" was Vinnie's best work. The song being the "hit" single. Even if there is no solo. Creating a catchy, good rocking song is way harder than playing a really fast solo. Sure, Vinnie could shred. Playing fast takes a lot of practice. Good song writing demands great creativity and talent, which Vinnie clearly demonstrates on Lick It up. Co-writer of 8 of 10 songs.
Which probably is all the 8 songs alone with a little bit of Gene/Paul lyric here and there. I personally think that "A Million To One" is one of the best kiss songs with Paul on vocals.
lerxstcat

Post by lerxstcat »

Batman wrote:
lerxstcat wrote:

I think what our own psychofish was saying was that "lick it up - the album" was Vinnie's best work. The song being the "hit" single. Even if there is no solo. Creating a catchy, good rocking song is way harder than playing a really fast solo. Sure, Vinnie could shred. Playing fast takes a lot of practice. Good song writing demands great creativity and talent, which Vinnie clearly demonstrates on Lick It up. Co-writer of 8 of 10 songs.
Which probably is all the 8 songs alone with a little bit of Gene/Paul lyric here and there. I personally think that "A Million To One" is one of the best kiss songs with Paul on vocals.
Fair enough and songwriting is subjective. TBH I never listened to the Lick It Up album in its entirety because I found the song itself to be very bland. It really sounds like a paint-by-numbers song and I can imagine writing within the constraints of what Gene and Paul would consider KISS style would be, indeed, constraining. But again, I haven't heard the whole album, maybe I should. Never been a big KISS fan though, I kinda liked Vinnie's music despite him having been in KISS rather than because of it.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Rich, listen to the whole album. LIU is the simplest song on there, it is the odd man out. It's so simple that like when Kiss added songs on the Farewell Tour that Ace/Peter didn't play on they did LIU as it's about the only song on that album Ace would be able to play.

I also did LIU in a band that covered old Kiss songs but we added I Love It Loud, LIU and Heaven's on Fire. The three singles from that time period that were simple but catchy, and I could play them!

Seriously, give the rest of it a spin, it's a brillaint Kiss album.
doublev

vv

Post by doublev »

looking at v's situation, i would say maybe he needs a break. looks like he got lots of bad news and life must be tougher than usual . Yes, i believe that he doesn't understand how to treat fans and that is always going to be a very bad idea. Getting personal with fans is not the way, but also, everyone needs to be left alone a little and have chance to turn things around. Yes, I feel used etc but thats not really bothering me, but I am mainly shocked by the comments and fake people afterwards. But everyone, especially me, makes mistakes.

I think V should not threaten to stop everything, he is only punishing himself and his legacy. If he quietly gets on with things and all of a sudden they appear without any hype of promises, it will work. All sold through trusted 3rd parties. He should do it for himself , so generations of people can hear his legacy.

Its never too late to change peoples opinions. Especially with a honest no b.s. apology. In fact that would actually be such a breath of fresh air.

threateng legal action only has a further negative effect and will end up making things worse. His music is overshadowed with all the people he has fallen out with over the years, which includes his fans, fan expos, ex band members, record companies etc. Not many musicians have managed to do this. Surely the courts are for lawyers and the stage and studio are for musicians.

Anyway,, I would like to wish him the best as I hate to see anyone down for too long. He needs to think how lucky he is that people choose to talk about him and his music. He has not shown anyone he is still a talented musician and player, but it was clear at least 20 years ago he was one of the best.

Anyway, I am very busy once more so I will be off the board for a few days.

I think Genebaby is doing an fantastic job and its nice to have the more free element back that was lost a little with me.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Thanks D !!!
Hey what you mean with "fake people" ,what happened ?
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev, Dino, I think you were doing a great job on YOUR forum. I'm only guessing, but I'd say you where in a catch 22 situation as far as what could & couldn't be posted on YOUR forum. The jugging act placed upon you must have not been easy, giving people freedom to voice their opinions & on the other hand making sure VV doesn't get pissed.
What he should have done to reward your loyalty by getting you to run a official fan site that had official VV stuff on it(the sucker punch is that he'd get you to do it 4FREE, & you, being a nice bloke would more that probably do it 4FREE). Forums like this would occur either way, if VV liked it or not. If you ever noticed, I never used to post a real lot, cause I have a tendencie to mouth off (a-lot LOL) & I didn't want to make life hard 4 u. Also when I saw the statement about 'stay tuned for more official news' & the youtube AZG Pear Guitar add, I made sure I'd shut my trap & not cause any waves. But like I said , I think you were doing a great job considering all you had to endure.
DirtyRhythm

Re: vv

Post by DirtyRhythm »

[quote="doublev"]looking at v's situation, i would say maybe he needs a break. looks like he got lots of bad news and life must be tougher than usual . Yes, i believe that he doesn't understand how to treat fans and that is always going to be a very bad idea. Getting personal with fans is not the way, but also, everyone needs to be left alone a little and have chance to turn things around. Yes, I feel used etc but thats not really bothering me, but I am mainly shocked by the comments and fake people afterwards. But everyone, especially me, makes mistakes.

I think V should not threaten to stop everything, he is only punishing himself and his legacy. If he quietly gets on with things and all of a sudden they appear without any hype of promises, it will work. All sold through trusted 3rd parties. He should do it for himself , so generations of people can hear his legacy.

Its never too late to change peoples opinions. Especially with a honest no b.s. apology. In fact that would actually be such a breath of fresh air.

threateng legal action only has a further negative effect and will end up making things worse. His music is overshadowed with all the people he has fallen out with over the years, which includes his fans, fan expos, ex band members, record companies etc. Not many musicians have managed to do this. Surely the courts are for lawyers and the stage and studio are for musicians.

Anyway,, I would like to wish him the best as I hate to see anyone down for too long. He needs to think how lucky he is that people choose to talk about him and his music. He has not shown anyone he is still a talented musician and player, but it was clear at least 20 years ago he was one of the best.[/quote]

Wow...very nicely summed up and pretty much what I was saying. It's a whole new world out there...Vinnie won't be getting an 8 million dollar contract with anyone. Keep putting stuff out there via iTunes and Amazon (as he did with Euphoria and Speedball) and the fans will buy it.

I'd love CD's, but yeah...getting burned with the Archives would give me pause sending money directly to him.

What we do know is that at least in 1996, Vinnie still had the magic and I'd love to hear what else he has in the vaults.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You gave it away?...I still need a cd copy of that, not that it's very exciting of course....just for the collection. Signed and numbered would have been sweet.

In this day and age how easy is it to get stuff out there? I could have an Itunes store if I had anything anyone was interested in. He's got to have all that stuff mentioned in the original box set, plus more.
jeffwc72

Post by jeffwc72 »

Genebaby wrote:You gave it away?...I still need a cd copy of that, not that it's very exciting of course....just for the collection. Signed and numbered would have been sweet.

In this day and age how easy is it to get stuff out there? I could have an Itunes store if I had anything anyone was interested in. He's got to have all that stuff mentioned in the original box set, plus more.
i have a signed and numbered copy, # 8, if our interested.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

jeffwc72 wrote:
Genebaby wrote:You gave it away?...I still need a cd copy of that, not that it's very exciting of course....just for the collection. Signed and numbered would have been sweet.

i have a signed and numbered copy, # 8, if our interested.
PM sent.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Like I said in a previous email that Charvel has been repainted and looks great in the newest pictures that I have seen.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, some nice bonus' there, pretty cool Vinnie stuff for whoever bought the guitar as I'm sure they are a fan.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Personally, I do not think any music was ready to go. All stuff is on tape and would need to be digiitzed.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Here's the email contact for the board and him copied from the register section on the doublev board. You can ask why he says a few fans are to blame for him pulling out of his plans.

If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the use of these forums, you can contact the forum administrator at: vvirtual.user@cox.net

Double V - Vinnie Vincent TRIBUTE . MAJOR NEW NEWS ON VINNIE VINCENT. YOU MUST SIGN UP AND LOG IN TO READ. AN EXCLUSIVE FOR MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:Personally, I do not think any music was ready to go. All stuff is on tape and would need to be digiitzed.

I would have thought that he did that YEARS ago. I believe Vinnie has kept musically active,probably has a nice home studio set-up and an archive of unreleased gems.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

Hey Boyz, does anybody know, I alway's thought spyder-man had hit the erase button on the GFH record?
DirtyRhythm

Post by DirtyRhythm »

doublev wrote:Personally, I do not think any music was ready to go. All stuff is on tape and would need to be digiitzed.
It's pretty simple to hook a cassette deck to a home computer...I've transfered hundreds of cassettes to CD.
doublev

Post by doublev »

my understanding it is sitting fully finished in the vv vaults or in the spare bedroom, but its a master tape . not sure what needs to be done. Who knows if its from the LA recoding or if it was from the re-recording in Nashville. I did hear that v destroyed some tapes but was unclear what it was. it could have been an argument with the record label Enigma that were going to put out GFH.
doublev

Post by doublev »

not cassette but 1/4 or 1/2 tape i am thinking, or possibly DAT from the stuff in Nashville. Thats a guess.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Full Shed wrote:Hey Boyz, does anybody know, I alway's thought spyder-man had hit the erase button on the GFH record?
When I heard that story years ago, I immediately thought that the destruction or erasure of the tapes was a farce that someone concocted so Vinnie didn't have to hand over the tapes to the record company. Enigma (?) or whoever bought the company ,wouldn't have ownership of the performances and Vinnie could go elsewhere with them. Actually a very smart move if it did occur.

---The Power of the Poserboy---

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

My understanding is capital records owned enigma at the time vv signed with them, I think they may have wound down the company but they did not go into bankruptcy as has been reported. This is what I was told anyway. Their are rumours the record company didn't like the demos at all and it pissed him off that in front of them he trashed the tapes. I heard this from 3 sources but it still could just be made up rumors.
teej

Post by teej »

maybe .. but if thats the case where did the EP / Euphoria come from ? That was the same recording session .. I never got the answer to why Andre´s drumming was not on the EP but Andre does have a pretty much complete set of pre final mix status songs