Boyz Are Gonna Rock ACTIVE ROTATION! From Billboard

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
VVArchives

Boyz Are Gonna Rock ACTIVE ROTATION! From Billboard

Post by VVArchives »

Remember, one of us has been posting the truth! Others continue to lie! All I've done is post accurate information! But liars want to try and diminish the huge success VVI enjoyed.

This is enough to prove who actually knows what they are talking about and who doesn't!

Page 54. Who is in ACTIVE ROTATION? That's Vinnie "Fucking" Vincent! That's between Medium and Heavy rotation!

https://books.google.ca/books?id=NUUEAA ... nt&f=false

But that can't be true, because we heard Mr. Holiday Inn claim Vinnie Vincent Invasion videos were never in rotation. They hardly got any play at all.

Some owe me a HUGE APOLOGY and some butt kissing!
VVArchives

Re: Boyz Are Gonna Rock ACTIVE ROTATION! From Billboard

Post by VVArchives »

Gene responds to so much but somehow misses saying anything about this that directly shows Dino is a BS artist.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hmmm, I did have a post on this just a moment ago but it looks like it didn't work.

That is cool, you can see that Boyz is on Active Rotation. Someone was trying, which is nice but in the end it didn't help too much.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:49 pm Hmmm, I did have a post on this just a moment ago but it looks like it didn't work.

That is cool, you can see that Boyz is on Active Rotation. Someone was trying, which is nice but in the end it didn't help too much.
LOL didn't help! What a tool! You know nothing about Vinnie Vincent Invasion! Nothing!

And Dino is known shown to be an outright HUGE LIAR!! Everything I have posted has been accurate and legit!

Boyz one step below Heavy Rotation but clowns around here claiming it was never in rotation on MTV.
birnie

Post by birnie »

I seem to be buying a lot more popcorn these days....
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This was the last straw, I killed his account.

I asked him to be a friend in another thread and he does this. No helping this guy.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

VVArchives wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:02 am Remember, one of us has been posting the truth! Others continue to lie! All I've done is post accurate information! But liars want to try and diminish the huge success VVI enjoyed.

This is enough to prove who actually knows what they are talking about and who doesn't!

Page 54. Who is in ACTIVE ROTATION? That's Vinnie "Fucking" Vincent! That's between Medium and Heavy rotation!

https://books.google.ca/books?id=NUUEAA ... nt&f=false

But that can't be true, because we heard Mr. Holiday Inn claim Vinnie Vincent Invasion videos were never in rotation. They hardly got any play at all.

Some owe me a HUGE APOLOGY and some butt kissing!

Thank you for providing that and all the information you shared. You really shed light on what really happened.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:25 pm This was the last straw, I killed his account.

I asked him to be a friend in another thread and he does this. No helping this guy.

Ding Dong!

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Ok, here is one opinion from being mostly a fly on the wall watching. VVA provided a lot of information and passionately believed in the points that he or she was trying to make. What a shame that this person couldn't make their posts and let people decide for themselves. Like a true leftist VVA instead chose to try to cancel other members here. We are never as people ever going to agree 100% of the time but even if someone is dead wrong and I'm not saying anyone is wrong here they still have a 100% right to their different opinion and to be wrong....

I have stated that I would like for Vincent Cusano to have been an achiever gladly but I just don't remember it that way and I was there. I remember seeing Boyz are Gonna Rock, That Time of Year and Love Kills Video's on MTV but sadly never as frequently as I would have preferred. I remember seeing Vinnie hosting Headbangers Ball one time and I believe Dana and Mark another time without Vinnie but I don't remember them being the rage sadly although the music in my opinion was that good.

Too be candid sadly if VVA was correct it should have generated even more profits for everyone associated with the VVI and for anyone that has seen where Vincent Cusano landed prior to his come back now that was truly sad.

* Mental Problems
* Being supported by his wife Diane (RIP)
* Living in a separate house on the same property as his wife
* Transgenderism
* Abandoning his gift of music creation
* Living in utter filth and squalor
* Bankruptcy
* Lost property in Smyrna, TN
* Losing every lawsuit that was brought against Kiss

To be balanced Cusano was a tremendous talent, songwriter, singer and guitarist. He could have been an absolute guitar icon in my opinion but sadly he never had the temperament to achieve this. Cusano is amongst my favorite guitarists of all time and I have always wished that we had heard more of this true greatness.

We have to see people with open eyes honoring their greatness along with their short comings as everyone of us has both. Here's to Cusano lifting himself up and releasing all that shelved music that has been sitting for years as that will truly be achieving.

Best wishes to Cusano
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Very Well Spoken Uncle Kevin....nobody is Perfect and We all have a share of Difficulties/Issues....We've Waited and Always Wanted the Best for Vinnie, I truly hope he releases some New Music in the Near Future !
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice post Kev. Very accurate on all your points.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Slayer wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:46 am Ok, here is one opinion from being mostly a fly on the wall watching. VVA provided a lot of information and passionately believed in the points that he or she was trying to make. What a shame that this person couldn't make their posts and let people decide for themselves. Like a true leftist VVA instead chose to try to cancel other members here. We are never as people ever going to agree 100% of the time but even if someone is dead wrong and I'm not saying anyone is wrong here they still have a 100% right to their different opinion and to be wrong....

I have stated that I would like for Vincent Cusano to have been an achiever gladly but I just don't remember it that way and I was there. I remember seeing Boyz are Gonna Rock, That Time of Year and Love Kills Video's on MTV but sadly never as frequently as I would have preferred. I remember seeing Vinnie hosting Headbangers Ball one time and I believe Dana and Mark another time without Vinnie but I don't remember them being the rage sadly although the music in my opinion was that good.

Too be candid sadly if VVA was correct it should have generated even more profits for everyone associated with the VVI and for anyone that has seen where Vincent Cusano landed prior to his come back now that was truly sad.

* Mental Problems
* Transgenderism
* Bankruptcy

To be balanced Cusano was a tremendous talent, songwriter, singer and guitarist. He could have been an absolute guitar icon in my opinion but sadly he never had the temperament to achieve this. Cusano is amongst my favorite guitarists of all time and I have always wished that we had heard more of this true greatness.

We have to see people with open eyes honoring their greatness along with their short comings as everyone of us has both. Here's to Cusano lifting himself up and releasing all that shelved music that has been sitting for years as that will truly be achieving.

Best wishes to Cusano

I would disagree on several things. Yes, he provided a ton of information. But most of that information isn't up for debate. Its black and white. Not opinion. Either the videos were in rotation or they weren't. ASG/Invasion getting radio airplay or not. Stuff like that isn't some opinion. It's there. But some people didn't like having to deal with the facts presented and instead kept trying to argue.

I would also point out you are calling him a "true leftist" when if you look way back there are numerous posters who were calling for them to be banned. It was the ones who bash Vinnie around here who are the leftists (as you are calling them) who didn't like his free speech. Only until recently, after one poster kept posting the exact opposite of what he was posting from the trades, did he call for 1 person to be banned. And they said they would post the links or scans of all the information he had been posting if that one person was finally banned.

It should have been enough when he was posting directly out of those various magazines or giving the issue #, page # etc. That should have ended any discussion. But for at least one poster, none of that was good enough and he was allowed to keep saying the exact opposite. And notice the moderator never once challenged them on their claims which was the opposite of the trades. Especially in the face of all the evidence to the contrary. The moderator would respond to almost every single post that poster made but if he responded to the other person it was never to criticize or challenge. I think the moderator blew it.

Also, I think alot of what you claim about Vinnie is pure speculation. For starters, how many actual lawsuits has he lost? Or are you parroting Gene Simmons? In reality, isn't it one lawsuit that he lost that kept getting appealed and it made its way to the Supreme Court or one step below? Filing appeals on the same case is vastly different than how Gene tries to present it. Don't you think?

I also believe Vinnie when he told of that conversation with KISS' attorney. Kiss would rather lose millions in legal fees than ever pay Vinnie a dime or admit wrongdoing. Remember, if KISS admitted VInnie hadn't been paid properly, what door does that open up for all the other people KISS has most likely wronged?

Also why would you think Vinnie should be rich off what happened? Kiss screwed him and got away with it. Do you have any idea how much those Invasion albums would have had to have sold before he would start making real money off them? I would guess, between the 2 albums, advances, tour support, the Robert lawsuit and other things, VVI would have had to have sold over 3M or so in the US before he started seeing any real money.

Do you remember Def Leppard "Pyromania". They only spent 9 months recording that. To get out of debt on that one - 3 Million copies.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Luxor wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:15 am
Slayer wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:46 am Ok, here is one opinion from being mostly a fly on the wall watching. VVA provided a lot of information and passionately believed in the points that he or she was trying to make. What a shame that this person couldn't make their posts and let people decide for themselves. Like a true leftist VVA instead chose to try to cancel other members here. We are never as people ever going to agree 100% of the time but even if someone is dead wrong and I'm not saying anyone is wrong here they still have a 100% right to their different opinion and to be wrong....

* Mental Problems
* Transgenderism
* Bankruptcy

Best wishes to Cusano

I would disagree on several things. Yes, he provided a ton of information. But most of that information isn't up for debate. Its black and white. Not opinion. Either the videos were in rotation or they weren't. ASG/Invasion getting radio airplay or not. Stuff like that isn't some opinion. It's there. But some people didn't like having to deal with the facts presented and instead kept trying to argue.

I would also point out you are calling him a "true leftist" when if you look way back there are numerous posters who were calling for them to be banned. It was the ones who bash Vinnie around here who are the leftists (as you are calling them) who didn't like his free speech. Only until recently, after one poster kept posting the exact opposite of what he was posting from the trades, did he call for 1 person to be banned. And they said they would post the links or scans of all the information he had been posting if that one person was finally banned.

It should have been enough when he was posting directly out of those various magazines or giving the issue #, page # etc. That should have ended any discussion. But for at least one poster, none of that was good enough and he was allowed to keep saying the exact opposite. And notice the moderator never once challenged them on their claims which was the opposite of the trades. Especially in the face of all the evidence to the contrary. The moderator would respond to almost every single post that poster made but if he responded to the other person it was never to criticize or challenge. I think the moderator blew it.

Also, I think alot of what you claim about Vinnie is pure speculation. For starters, how many actual lawsuits has he lost? Or are you parroting Gene Simmons? In reality, isn't it one lawsuit that he lost that kept getting appealed and it made its way to the Supreme Court or one step below? Filing appeals on the same case is vastly different than how Gene tries to present it. Don't you think?

I also believe Vinnie when he told of that conversation with KISS' attorney. Kiss would rather lose millions in legal fees than ever pay Vinnie a dime or admit wrongdoing. Remember, if KISS admitted VInnie hadn't been paid properly, what door does that open up for all the other people KISS has most likely wronged?

Also why would you think Vinnie should be rich off what happened? Kiss screwed him and got away with it. Do you have any idea how much those Invasion albums would have had to have sold before he would start making real money off them? I would guess, between the 2 albums, advances, tour support, the Robert lawsuit and other things, VVI would have had to have sold over 3M or so in the US before he started seeing any real money.

Do you remember Def Leppard "Pyromania". They only spent 9 months recording that. To get out of debt on that one - 3 Million copies.
You without a doubt have some good and valid points here and thank you for your thoughts! If only VVA who also had ideas to contribute could have articulated his/herself as productively as you have shared an opposing view here. There was never any need to call another member a liar and infer stupidity and ask for them to be removed. There is a feature on this board to block the posts of people that get under your skin which could have been easily used by VVA. Your post was productive and created some food for thought but sadly VVA's posts were confrontational, aggressive and offensive unnecessarily. We wish VVA the best and hopefully they can also learn from this experience as we have. You can be correct and still shoot yourself in the foot and lose. It was never what VVA said it was the way that they said it that made members here shut down and not care or even want to read the posts. Vic had been requested by a number of members to block VVA for months and he resisted because it was clear that VVA was quite knowledgeable and had much to contribute with information that all could learn from but sadly VVA's delivery was not affective in the end.

Great post by you here and I look forward to reading more,

Kev
n3p

Post by n3p »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:25 pm This was the last straw, I killed his account.

Lurked through some threads and you did the right thing. That much negative energy can't be healthy for one individual, maybe now he can get a life
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Slayer wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:38 am
Luxor wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:15 am

* Mental Problems
* Transgenderism
* Bankruptcy

Best wishes to Cusano

You without a doubt have some good and valid points here and thank you for your thoughts! If only VVA who also had ideas to contribute could have articulated his/herself as productively as you have shared an opposing view here. There was never any need to call another member a liar and infer stupidity and ask for them to be removed. There is a feature on this board to block the posts of people that get under your skin which could have been easily used by VVA. Your post was productive and created some food for thought but sadly VVA's posts were confrontational, aggressive and offensive unnecessarily. We wish VVA the best and hopefully they can also learn from this experience as we have. You can be correct and still shoot yourself in the foot and lose. It was never what VVA said it was the way that they said it that made members here shut down and not care or even want to read the posts. Vic had been requested by a number of members to block VVA for months and he resisted because it was clear that VVA was quite knowledgeable and had much to contribute with information that all could learn from but sadly VVA's delivery was not affective in the end.

Great post by you here and I look forward to reading more,

Kev
"Like a true leftist VVA instead chose to try to cancel other members here."

There was never any need to call another member a liar and infer stupidity and ask for them to be removed. There is a feature on this board to block the posts of people that get under your skin which could have been easily used by VVA. Your post was productive and created some food for thought but sadly VVA's posts were confrontational, aggressive and offensive unnecessarily.

Vic had been requested by a number of members to block VVA for months

Lets look at 3 of the things you've said. You called them a "leftist" for them wanting to cancel 1 member and they only did that recently.

Why didn't you call all the ones you say had been requesting for them to be banned for months leftists?

And why didn't you call out the ones who wanted someone removed to use the block function etc?

See how biased even your take on the situation seems?!

What if you turned that around and said: So many angry leftists around here wanted VVArchives banned for showing proof of things they disagreed with. They didn't like him posting airplay, video play and other things from the trades showing VVI was successful. They refused to use mute or other things to ignore what they posted. They would attack, name call and just keep pushing information that directly contradicted what he was posting from trade publications. See how it sounds when you turn it around to the way it really happened?

Yes, VVA was confrontational about things they could back up. As I said, I think the ADMIN totally blew it. They acted as that one person's "wingman" in attacking VVA and harrassing them. Did he go after them for the name calling or anything else? Did he ever ask for "proof" of any of their claims or anything? Of course not.

The ADMIN could have diffused everything by getting that one poster to either back up their claims or just stop. But instead VVA would post article after article, airplay etc. Once that was done, if only the Admin had said, thank you for correcting all of us. Thank you for sharing. What were they met with? How many times did they post: where did that come from? Link or scan of it. They had said where it came from and gave the date and page number. That should have certainly been enough.

The Admin never did anything to reign in DoubleV. He certainly never went after him to back up his claims of his dad running major labels or him owning a radio station. But he did go after VVA for his bio etc. And that was in the face of one providing so much information and the other just making statements that were in direct contradiction to what was being said from the trade magazines and other outlets. So which one should be pushed to back up their claims?

Should VVA been saying liar etc? Maybe not. But what else do you say when someone keeps posting the polar opposite and one has backed up their stuff and the other hasn't? I seriously doubt VVA would have been a problem if the Admin had gotten DoubleV to quit making statements he couldn't back up at all. Yes, he called the Admin names he should have used as well, but the Admin seemed to enable DoubleV instead of reeling him in.

Again, look how DoubleV went after me the other day in regards to Vinnie's upcoming release. He laughed at me for saying their would be new music and then he wanted to know where I got my info. Notice he didn't say where he allegedly got his "info" that he shared which turned out to be incorrect. I wasn't going to share who I knew close to Vinnie that told me.

Sadly, I see very few fans around here. Oh, many might have been fans 40 years ago or something. But the bulk around here seem to get more of a thrill of tearing Vinnie down instead of anything else. I know you are a fan and there's several others who seem to be real fans. But the vast majority who post seem more like haters. Here just to shit (excuse the language) on anything to do with Vinnie.

It would be great if there was a true Vinnie fan place to hang out. The Facebook things are too far to one extreme. But most of this place seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum. Be nice if something in the middle for those of us who truly love Vinnie's music.

thank you for your time
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

n3p wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:41 am

Lurked through some threads and you did the right thing. That much negative energy can't be healthy for one individual, maybe now he can get a life
Yes, you can see in my posts that I was concerned for VVA, they seemed to be so full of anger and realy pissed off that I, and my family, love KISS songs that they hated and thought were crap. There is no need to be that way. Millions sold or hundreds, people like what they like.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:49 am
n3p wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:41 am

Yes, you can see in my posts that I was concerned for VVA, they seemed to be so full of anger and realy pissed off that I, and my family, love KISS songs that they hated and thought were crap. There is no need to be that way. Millions sold or hundreds, people like what they like.
You seem to be misrepresenting things. It seemed VVA pointed out how the new songs on Killers, Unmasked or whatever didn't do much for the band or hurt them. Whatever. And of course "The Elder"

You are the one who seemed to get upset because you and your family liked those songs even though the public didn't or whatever point was being made about them. Does it make you upset the band doesn't even like alot of those songs? Does that mean you have to like them less? Of course not.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8823&p=132195&hili ... rs#p132195
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm not seeing where I'm upset about it.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

FINALLY! We got a link to click on!

I noticed VVI was at No.74 after 12 weeks in the charts, with a listed peak of No.64... but VVA is disputing the sales...and then posts a link showing VVI's peak to be No.64!?!?!?!? I'm confused!

Serious question as a non-US citizen, what did the rotation stats actually mean? Were the rotation numbers based on playback in primetime hours? Getting your video played a few times during the week must be great...except if it's in the 3-5am timeslot! Ain't nobody got time for that!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

shramiac wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:59 pm FINALLY! We got a link to click on!

I noticed VVI was at No.74 after 12 weeks in the charts, with a listed peak of No.64... but VVA is disputing the sales...and then posts a link showing VVI's peak to be No.64!?!?!?!? I'm confused!

Serious question as a non-US citizen, what did the rotation stats actually mean? Were the rotation numbers based on playback in primetime hours? Getting your video played a few times during the week must be great...except if it's in the 3-5am timeslot! Ain't nobody got time for that!
There was a whole thread in the news section that explained why you couldn't use Billboard peak to gauge sales.
"Billboard admits how screwed their charts were - so stop giving VVI billboard album charts #s"

The peak doesn't matter. Notice you ignore the length on the chats. 23 of those weeks were in the Top 90 on the charts.

Also, with Invasion having an astonishing 29 weeks on the charts, they did that with a small amount of radio play and only 1 video released from the album which was in rotation for 2 months (8 weeks). As VVA mentioned, it took KISS releasing 3 videos from an album to get on the charts that long.

I just looked up the chart action for 2X Platinum Smashes Trashes and Hits. It was only on the charts for 27 weeks. Only 20 of those weeks were in the Top 100.

So Invasion beat ST&H on the charts for total weeks and # of weeks in the Top 100.

If we go by "billboard charts" in relation to sales- some might think Invasion outsold ST&H.

Video Rotation. As you can see from the link there is various levels of rotation:

New
Light
Breakout
Medium
Active - Where Boyz was at
Heavy
Sneak Peak (exclusive new ones)

While a new one or one in light rotation could be relegated to off hours for their # of times daily, something in medium or Active would be getting played at various times throughout the day every day.

If anyone was watching MTV back then, they would have had no trouble seeing "Boyz Are Gonna Rock" several times per day.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:25 pm No helping this guy.
Just for clarification - did you ban the IP? Otherwise Vinnie'll come back, you know it.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

In this case, no. We will know if this person returns and will cross that bridge. I think they got the point. Calling me a tool, imagine!!!

I do usually ban the IP for spammer people, of which it's been quiet for a while thank goodness.