The LA Guns/Vinnie Vincent Story

News and information from 2018 onwards
aeroflott

The LA Guns/Vinnie Vincent Story

Post by aeroflott »

Luxor

Re: The LA Guns/Vinnie Vincent Story

Post by Luxor »

Here's the actual story. It starts around 28 minutes into it.

https://art19.com/shows/talking-metal/e ... 71fe53b99b

I hope if anyone shares the LA Guns "version", they also include this one which provides the actual truth of what happened.

I wish Vinnie's people had broken Traci's arm. They should have. Attacking Vinnie's guitar tech like that and then lying about what went down.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

"Story" that's a good name more it. A story that belongs in the Fiction section.

It is funny that all most people can talk about is Vinnie. Even LA Guns have nothing better to talk about than when they got kicked off the Vinnie tour back in 1988.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The video that is talking about this is not from LA Guns, just their old road manager, who is trying to get things straight before he forgets, but he did seem to forget the details. LA Guns are not talking about Vinnie. They don't care.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Again, sarcasm goes over some people.

Does it really matter that its LA Guns road manager and not LA Guns?!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, because he has NOTHING to do with LA Guns today, only when he was representing them a LOOOONG time ago, so it's not LA Guns talking about VVI, just an ex-employee.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Was Traci playing in the bathroom on many dates back then?
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

I was there.
Attachments
215381902_1637530713304317_343641397707413407_n.jpg
215381902_1637530713304317_343641397707413407_n.jpg (28.42 KiB) Viewed 18365 times
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Way cool!!!!
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:42 amWay cool!!!!
I will be seeing LA Guns Friday & Saturday night.
I hope it's not from the bathroom.
'Saw' Vinnie this year @ Creaturesfest.
My, how time flies.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice man, enjoy the shows!! Playing from the bathroom is pretty unique though!
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

strangeways wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:16 am 07.07.1988

I was there.

So you run and post that LA Guns tour manager lying about what went down with Vinnie Vincent Invasion and the worst Vinnie hate site of all - KISSFAQ, yet you have a ticket that directly shows that tour manager was a lying POS. I don't recall you posting that in that thread to show he was a liar and Vinnie's tour manager accounts was the actual one.

I don't understand why people who dislike VInnie so much post on Vinnie sites.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

I was there.
Remember everyone, LA Guns tour manager flat out lied and claimed it was a co-headlining tour. Nothing could have been further from the truth.
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

strangeways wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:04 am
Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:42 amWay cool!!!!
I will be seeing LA Guns Friday & Saturday night.
I hope it's not from the bathroom.
'Saw' Vinnie this year @ Creaturesfest.
My, how time flies.
No bathroom.
setlist:
Cannonball
Electric Gypsy
Over the Edge
Sex Action
The Ballad of Jane
Speed
Never Enough
Rip and Tear
Attachments
0.jpg
0.jpg (60.54 KiB) Viewed 18290 times
0.jpg
0.jpg (41.79 KiB) Viewed 18291 times
ccc.jpg
ccc.jpg (61.24 KiB) Viewed 18294 times
Last edited by strangeways on Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:45 am, edited 6 times in total.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Very cool!
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Luxor wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:39 am

I was there.
So you run and post that LA Guns tour manager lying about what went down with Vinnie Vincent Invasion and the worst Vinnie hate site of all - KISSFAQ, yet you have a ticket that directly shows that tour manager was a lying POS.
I don't recall you posting that in that thread to show he was a liar and Vinnie's tour manager accounts was the actual one.

I don't understand why people who dislike Vinnie so much post on Vinnie sites.
I don't know why you think I hate Vinnie Vincent.
I don't hate him at all.
Quite the opposite in fact.
It is not my fault he keeps shooting himself in the foot.

As for this guy's post / video I am merely sharing something of general interest from a person who was there.
I cannot control someone's recollection of the event.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Why would anyone think you hate Vinnie when you go out of your way to trash him every chance you get.

On top of that you go run and post this story you know is false on the biggest Vinnie hate site of all. You don't bother to post Vinnie's road managers account. You don't bother to post the ticket you had proving VVI was the headliner and LA Guns was the support act.

Then after so many people are attacking Vinnie, you don't bother to defend him and point out the guy was lying. But you sure did manage to thread bump it twice. 1st you had to tell them all you were going to see LA Guns and then again that you saw them. And all the while doing nothing to correct any of the people attacking Vinnie.

So I wonder why anyone would think you hate Vinnie? That's a puzzler.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This isn't a hate site, it's a factual site. A truthful site. Not a sycophant site, not a rose coloured glasses site, not a yes-man site.

It's nobody's fault here that Vinnie keeps shooting himself in the foot. We all wish he would do great things. He fails to do that so the truth of the matter is reported and talked about, because that's what it is.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Luxor wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:04 pm You don't bother to post the ticket you had proving VVI was the headliner and LA Guns was the support act.

Uhhhh...he did! Go back a few posts!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Luxor wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:39 am So you run and post that LA Guns tour manager lying about what went down with Vinnie Vincent Invasion and the worst Vinnie hate site of all - KISSFAQ, yet you have a ticket that directly shows that tour manager was a lying POS. I don't recall you posting that in that thread to show he was a liar and Vinnie's tour manager accounts was the actual one.

Luxor, I'm trying really hard to give you a break here, but your posts are just argumentative for the sake of it.

Firstly, Strangeways didn't post the original vid. I did. Check the first post in this thread.

Second, I wasn't aware of another take on the story (I mean why would I be? I thought the LA Road mananger story was an interesting tale and I posted it).

The ticket. Yes it says "with guest, LA Guns". That's what the ticket says. LA Guns Tour manager says it was positioned to LA Guns at the time as "co-headliner". Which is entirely plausible. What they were told and what was printed on a paper ticket are two different things. If LA Guns went on first, its not beyond the wit of man to assume the box office printed the tickets with LA Guns as a "guest". That doesn't mean LA Guns were not told they would be co-headliners to "sell" the opportunity to them of going out on tour with VVI. Perhaps they were pissed at being told it was co-headliner and it turned out to be something completely different (which appears to to be the basis of the LA Guns tour manager video). Were you there when the tour was pitched to LA Guns? I don't think you were, but I'll take the LA Guns tour manager's take on things over yours. He was there, and was presumably part of that initial conversation where it was suggested there was a tour with VVI up for grabs.

And comparing the two stories - what exactly does VV's roadie say that's hugely different to what LA Guns guy says about what went down? Seems to me its basically the same story from two different perspectives. The bands fell out, and there's two sides to the story. Simple as that.

You say: "I hope if anyone shares the LA Guns "version", they also include this one which provides the actual truth of what happened."

Who is to say which one is the "actual truth"? Do you KNOW the VV version is the truth? Frankly, for the record, there's little between the two tales. Both are told some 30/40 years after the event.

It feels like you need to back up a bit and look at things objectively.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:34 pm This isn't a hate site, it's a factual site. A truthful site. Not a sycophant site, not a rose coloured glasses site, not a yes-man site.

It's nobody's fault here that Vinnie keeps shooting himself in the foot. We all wish he would do great things. He fails to do that so the truth of the matter is reported and talked about, because that's what it is.

I don't see alot of truth.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

aeroflott wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:49 am
Luxor wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:39 am So you run and post that LA Guns tour manager lying about what went down with Vinnie Vincent Invasion and the worst Vinnie hate site of all - KISSFAQ, yet you have a ticket that directly shows that tour manager was a lying POS. I don't recall you posting that in that thread to show he was a liar and Vinnie's tour manager accounts was the actual one.

Luxor, I'm trying really hard to give you a break here, but your posts are just argumentative for the sake of it.

Firstly, Strangeways didn't post the original vid. I did. Check the first post in this thread.

Who posted it on the number #1 Vinnie hate site? It wasn't you.

https://www.kissfaq.com/forum18/viewtopic.php?t=148498

And while the ticket was posted her on the 7th, the ticket wasn't included on the hate site until the 20th. Then put at the top and not posted at the bottom and nothing pointing out how LA Guns lied about the whole thing.

It would be great if people could keep up or if not, don't comment.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

and we also know lA Guns road manager is full of shit because Tracii admitted it

Tracii Guns:  Our first record, L.A. Guns opened for the Vinnie Vincent Invasion.  We did places like Harpos in Detroit.  But it didn't last.  Vinnie was not a nice guy and he would stand there onstage and play guitar for two hours during soundcheck and not let us soundcheck.  Shit like that.  And my guys were feisty motherfuckers, you know.  Shit went down and we got sent home.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

You're clearly the arbitrator of truth, scanning every site that posts something about Vinnie, then refer to those other sites using riddles.

Youre right, I can't even keep up.

Get over yourself dude.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Luxor wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:17 am
Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:34 pm This isn't a hate site, it's a factual site. A truthful site. Not a sycophant site, not a rose coloured glasses site, not a yes-man site.

I don't see alot of truth.
The evidence shows you are not friends with the truth, so it's no surprise you don't recognise it when you see it. You seem to be friends with words like agenda.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Luxor wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:35 am and we also know lA Guns road manager is full of shit because Tracii admitted it

Tracii Guns:  Our first record, L.A. Guns opened for the Vinnie Vincent Invasion.  We did places like Harpos in Detroit.  But it didn't last.  Vinnie was not a nice guy and he would stand there onstage and play guitar for two hours during soundcheck and not let us soundcheck.  Shit like that.  And my guys were feisty motherfuckers, you know.  Shit went down and we got sent home.
What did Tracii admit? Nothing about his tour manager, but that Vinnie was a douche. Interesting.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Mark and Dana asked Traciii to form what was then called Slaughterhouse (shortened to Slaughter after) while on that tour
Bye Bye
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:50 am Mark and Dana asked Traciii to form what was then called Slaughterhouse (shortened to Slaughter after) while on that tour
That was an absolutely stupid ass name. Its good for them they didn't go with that.

They tried to get use the name Blackjack but Michael Bolton and the guys wouldn't give up the name rights.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:12 am
Luxor wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:35 am and we also know lA Guns road manager is full of shit because Tracii admitted it

What did Tracii admit? Nothing about his tour manager, but that Vinnie was a douche. Interesting.

No, that they were the opening act not co-headliners as the tour manager lied about.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

aeroflott wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:53 am You're clearly the arbitrator of truth, scanning every site that posts something about Vinnie, then refer to those other sites using riddles.

Every site? Where did you come up with that? Sorry you can't read or comprehend what you read.

So you run and post that LA Guns tour manager lying about what went down with Vinnie Vincent Invasion and the worst Vinnie hate site of all - KISSFAQ
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Re: Would you pay $4-5K for KISS tix?
"I would not and as far as I am concerned I am owed my money back for the last time I saw them." (Strange)

Nice to see Kiss ripped him off. Shame he doesn't bring Kiss ripping him off all the time. Its a shame he didn't buy the $1000 Duabi package.
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Luxor wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:15 am Re: Would you pay $4-5K for KISS tix?
"I would not and as far as I am concerned I am owed my money back for the last time I saw them." (Strange)

Nice to see Kiss ripped him off. Shame he doesn't bring Kiss ripping him off all the time. Its a shame he didn't buy the $1000 Duabi package.
I have brought up when Kiss screws up.
I don't hate Vinnie at all.
If I did why would I have bought tickets for the Nashville show that ended up not happening.
Why would I have bought tickets for Creaturesfest if I hated Vinnie?
I have tried to support Vinnie whenever possible.
It's not my fault that he makes it virtually impossible to do so.

I was really hopping that Creaturesfest would have brought him back big time.
That was my hope.
I posted my ticket stub as a fun little thing.
I wasn't posting it for any other reason.
I post on this forum and kissfaq as well.
I don't see why that is a problem for you.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Luxor wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:48 am No, that they were the opening act not co-headliners as the tour manager lied about.
Again, what the ticket stub stated and what the tour manager was told at the time about the tour are likely to be totally unconnected.

Guns may have been told "you're co-headliners" to persuade them to accept the tour. And maybe they were co-headliners, maybe they weren't. You can't assume the tour manager was lying because of a ticket stub stating they were a support act.
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

At that time LA Guns were more popular than VVI. Traci said they were selling three to four more times merchandise than Vvi which is main reason vvi didn't like them .
Bye Bye
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:54 am At that time LA Guns were more popular than VVI. Traci said they were selling three to four more times merchandise than Vvi which is main reason vvi didn't like them .
That's an absolute laugh and a lie. Traci trying to save face. So many lies from the Guns camp

Too bad their own people admitted, they couldn't get another tour after their few days on the road with Vinnie and they went home back to CA with no money etc.

Traci seems to come from the Gene Simmons school. Just lie your ass off.

Strum tried to claim half the HITS audience. If they claim it, it must be true. Some people are so gullible.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

LA guns were getting played all the time on mtv. Vvi hardly at all. You have absolutely no idea. LA Guns were way way bigger than vvi even at that stage. I was shocked to hear they were opening for vvi.
Bye Bye
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:23 am LA guns were getting played all the time on mtv. Vvi hardly at all. You have absolutely no idea. LA Guns were way way bigger than vvi even at that stage. I was shocked to hear they were opening for vvi.

That's a fucking lie! MTV played the shit out of Boyz Are Gonna Rock.

Once again, all you can do is lie your ass off with your Vinnie hatred. Why don't you get the F out of here and spew your hatred on the KISSFAQ. You'd fit in perfect there with all the trolls.

Funny how you fail to mention LA Guns went home broke and they couldn't find another tour after they got kicked off the VVI tour. Yeah, it sounds like they were really doing great.

And I don't recall those shits from LA Guns hosting MTV multiple times. Whether a week of hosting right after Invasion came out on Hard 60 or hosting Headbangers ball etc.

and Invasion was on the charts longer than most KISS albums in the 80's and that was with one video. Most KISS albums needed 3 videos for their chart run.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

VVArchives wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:51 am Funny how you fail to mention LA Guns went home broke and they couldn't find another tour after they got kicked off the VVI tour. Yeah, it sounds like they were really doing great.
They are still out there working hard touring and earning a living nearly 40 years later.

Imagine that. Still touring with some credibility, selling tickets and playing live. With a band even!

The irony.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

aeroflott wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:16 am
VVArchives wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:51 am Funny how you fail to mention LA Guns went home broke and they couldn't find another tour after they got kicked off the VVI tour. Yeah, it sounds like they were really doing great.
They are still out there working hard touring and earning a living nearly 40 years later.

Imagine that. Still touring with some credibility, selling tickets and playing live. With a band even!

The irony.

Which lineup this time? There's been about 40 different members go through that band.

and it doesn't really matter because the fact remains, after they were booted off the VVI tour, they went home broke and unable to pick up any other tour. And that's what matters because that directly contradicts a Vinnie hater spewing BS about how great they were back then and how he couldn't believe they were opening for VVI. In retrospect, VVI probably shouldn't have taken out an act like them that nobody wanted.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hmmm, a just published piece about The Guns on the very recent KISS Kruise......
315293038_703112981174200_8181202047016691887_n.jpg
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:20 pm Hmmm, a just published piece about The Guns on the very recent KISS Kruise......315293038_703112981174200_8181202047016691887_n.jpg
Too embarrassed to say where that came from?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No, that was just the relevant bit, but here you go: https://www.loudersound.com/features/ra ... ruise-2022
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:22 am No, that was just the relevant bit, but here you go: https://www.loudersound.com/features/ra ... ruise-2022
I wouldn't have posted the link either when you get to see all the other laughable garbage in there

From Tommy Thayer golf lessons to make-up contests, the onboard activities are amazing
In addition to their live sets across the week (more on them later), Kiss host a variety of onboard activities that give the Kiss Kruisers unparalleled access to their favourite group. Tommy Thayer teaches people how to play golf whilst Eric Singer judges a Kiss make-up contest. A select few even enjoy a fresh meal prepared live in front of their eyes by Paul Stanley – it turns out he’s quite the cook. And Gene Simmons challenges the boat to a quiz rather aptly titled, “Do you know more than a Rock God?” Of course, he wins.

Wow ... just wow.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Can't win hey?