Vinnie ( and Robert) Invade Nashville 2018

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Vinnie ( and Robert) Invade Nashville 2018

Post by poserboy71 »

I would like to start this thread with WISH LISTS/ideas of what we might like to see or hear at Vinnie-Con Nashville Summer 2018.

1. Vinnie
2. Robert
3. Vinnie's New GJ2 VVV model
4. Photo opportunity with Vinnie's classic guitars...
* Jackson
* Carvin
* Washburn
* Ibanez
Etc...
5. VV Archives/ BOX SET release
6.Vinnie bringing in more merchandise than what
was available in Atlanta.I bought that cool t-shirt!
7. VVI Vinnie costumes on display
8. Vinnie CDs
9. Food and drink vendors
10. Less special guests, more Vinnie stage time.
11. Instrument signing fee ...make that $$$$ !!!!
12. The heck with auction houses. Auction off
VINNIE stuff directly to fans.
13. Contests, giveaways
14. Vinnie doing a full set of acoustic tunes by himself in the style he presented his songs in Atlanta

... KEEP IT GOING
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Susieherring9080

Re: Vinnie ( and Robert) Invade Nashville 2018

Post by Susieherring9080 »

It has been an excited news about vinnie and robert since they sing the song back on the street together it had gotten even more exciting now they are going to Nashville will be the best moment for Vinnie and Robert will be amazing. Welcome back vinnie vincent i am so greatful that you are doing great
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

A convention in Nashville in the summer? Sounds great.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:59 am A convention in Nashville in the summer? Sounds great.
Dino had no clue at all. HONEST :roll: :lol: :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm super excited to see what goes on with Robert, but much like he did Tears I'd love to see him play Maybe It's The Rain, and Tears too, in full.

With all the time to prepare, it should be pretty amazing.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

Bobby Rock
PaulCantStandley

Post by PaulCantStandley »

They gotta get Bobby Rock involved somehow, as a special guest or maybe performing a song with Vinnie and Robert
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Acoustic I still love love you , no substitute ( if it works acoustically). Vv singing acoustic love kills.
Special drop in with gene.
Viewing of historic guitars
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:13 pm Acoustic I still love love you , no substitute ( if it works acoustically). Vv singing acoustic love kills.
Special drop in with gene.
Viewing of historic guitars
Exactly. I was hoping they saw my post before Atlanta about having photo-ops with the remaining CLASSIC Vinnie Vincent GUITARS.

Maybe in Nashville ????

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Classic guitar viewing would be awesome and any music would be appreciated
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah just all vv's guitars on display like a vv museum would be killer. Would have loved to have had the cash to buy one when up for sale. I have it now but I guess its a bit too late. I also believe vv should have his guitars anyway.
If vv just showed up and did the same as Atlanta that's really cool too
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 am Yeah just all vv's guitars on display like a vv museum would be killer. Would have loved to have had the cash to buy one when up for sale. I have it now but I guess its a bit too late. I also believe vv should have his guitars anyway.
If vv just showed up and did the same as Atlanta that's really cool too
This is great!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I want to see the Guitarman guitars as well.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:18 am I want to see the Guitarman guitars as well.
Was there more than 1?
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

One remark that VV made (and don't get me wrong - you all know I'm I huge fan) during the Q&A was that he said that he CURRENTLY plays 7 hours per day. Call it conjecture, but I find that HIGHLY improbable, especially since he was struggling with some relatively "easy" chord progressions on stage. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but this sounded like hyperbole. Hence, the aforementioned "acoustic" outing planned for Nashville with RF, et al. The only player that I know that would actually "practice" as much as 7 hours per day as a world class musician is MAB. He is the ultimate perfectionist and tinkerer, for example. He does this to keep on top of his game. I call him Iron Fingers lol

And it would have been cool 8) if VV brought some of his electrics to use them as a backdrop on stage during the Q&A. There was enough security there to pull it off. But that's just me I suppose. There's always Nashville? ;) Imagine if he did some guitar clinics? Holy $%&# :shock:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I do believe Vinnie when he says he plays about 7 hours a day.
It doesn't mean anything to me other than he is strumming some tunes and possibly writing music.
He really cannot win. If he would've shredded, some people would've crucified him. Play some tunes off the top of his head after not playing in public for 30 years... uncertainty...nerves...heart racing.
To see the appreciation/response in his whole body after he made it through a verse and chorus of 'Tears' was a true highlight for me. Youj could see things lifting from him.
A blessing indeed.
It was like church. You didn't give a standing ovation , your body did it out of reflex and connection to a higher belief.
The songs he played were all by request except for the surprise of 'Tears'.
To watch on video is heartwrenching. To be lucky enough to be there, mere inches away, was extremely important to someone like me who kinda lost most of my enjoyment in seeing live entertainment in recent years.
I used to seek it out frequently. Now I pick and choose and am not loyal to bands who just coast through their performance.
I seek meaning and really felt it during Vinnie's impromptu performance.
It was a bonus. It wasn't advertised.
It truly was from the heart and special.
A gift.
I am sure goosebumps and tears will be aplenty in Nashville.
Vinnie isn't faking his way through his tunes. There is a depth that is almost unbelievable and indescribable.

NEWBEGINNINGS
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

poserboy71 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:18 am I do believe Vinnie when he says he plays about 7 hours a day.
Rick, do you play guitar? He insinuated he plays 7 hours per day. I'm assuming daily. His prowess around the fretboard on stage didn't show it that day. Just sayin'. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I expected a "little more" from a former shredder. His situation is the equivalent of a former big surf champion claiming he still practices religiously some 30 years later, yet demonstrates to the crowd by paddle boarding on the bayside :wink:

Whilst you're certainly also entitled to your opinion Sir Rick, "New Beginnings" on your moniker makes me think you consumed the VV Kool Aid en masse :lol: I got the "Sex Symbol" thing though, I think :lol:
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Being able to see/hear him play with how close I was to him was amazing.
Something told me there would be no shredding that day. And that's OK. I was just thrilled to see him play.
Come Nashville, would love to see some shreddin'. But if not, also okay. Just want to see VV/Robert performing together.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

fullshredd wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:58 am
poserboy71 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:18 am I do believe Vinnie when he says he plays about 7 hours a day.
Rick, do you play guitar? He insinuated he plays 7 hours per day. I'm assuming daily. His prowess around the fretboard on stage didn't show it that day. Just sayin'. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I expected a "little more" from a former shredder. His situation is the equivalent of a former big surf champion claiming he still practices religiously some 30 years later, yet demonstrates to the crowd by paddle boarding on the bayside :wink:

Whilst you're certainly also entitled to your opinion Sir Rick, "New Beginnings" on your moniker makes me think you consumed the VV Kool Aid en masse :lol: I got the "Sex Symbol" thing though, I think :lol:
I wasn't being dismissive of your opinion. I just gave mine.
I strum around the house. Not really a player that much.
Vinnie overcame a lot to even agree to strum a bit. I saw a person that was overwhelmed with emotion because he didn't expect the love coming at him. I saw 30 years of performance rust get knocked off that guitar as Vinnie's smile grew larger.
I saw him transposing keys and searching for chord voicings to songs that were requested of him.
I don't recall him saying he practiced 7 hours a day. I heard "play".
Whatever that entails remains to be seen.
The "New Beginnings" is a term that Vinnie said directly to me ,Czynszak (Wizkid), Jess (Ankhwarrior), and a few other people. No Kool-Aid consumed just good faith on display.

"SEX SYMBOL" ?
YOURE DAMN RIGHT I AM !!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The feel vv had even being tired, unrehearsed etc was magic. Kiss are in 2d and vv is in 3d.
Vv hasn't played in front of an audience for 30 years so he isn't going to be anything like someone who just got off a tour. That said I would choose vv unrehearsed any day over all rock players from the 80s I can think of.
Bye Bye
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

poserboy71 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am
fullshredd wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:58 am

I wasn't being dismissive of your opinion. I just gave mine.
I strum around the house. Not really a player that much.
Vinnie overcame a lot to even agree to strum a bit. I saw a person that was overwhelmed with emotion because he didn't expect the love coming at him. I saw 30 years of performance rust get knocked off that guitar as Vinnie's smile grew larger.
I saw him transposing keys and searching for chord voicings to songs that were requested of him.
I don't recall him saying he practiced 7 hours a day. I heard "play".
Whatever that entails remains to be seen.
The "New Beginnings" is a term that Vinnie said directly to me ,Czynszak (Wizkid), Jess (Ankhwarrior), and a few other people. No Kool-Aid consumed just good faith on display.

"SEX SYMBOL" ?
YOURE DAMN RIGHT I AM !!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oh man I'm with you. I really hope he REALLY comes back to the limelight. And without a doubt it can be done. Jake E. Lee is a prime example. I have great expectations for him. I just hope he's getting good advice to harness the demand for his performances (hopefully in ELECTRIC mode) and his unreleased music. All good things~

I DO recall there was a "Scuffle" here some time back. I'm not sure I know what happened (don't want to rehash any negative vibes) but I hope all is well between everyone.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Well there were rumours he had shot himself in the hand and that he couldn't play due to a Stoke and many others. He Obliterated that.
I think the Vinnie Vincent Obliteration should be the name of his new band
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

fullshredd wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 am

I DO recall there was a "Scuffle" here some time back. I'm not sure I know what happened (don't want to rehash any negative vibes) but I hope all is well between everyone.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: New Beginnings :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 am Well there were rumours he had shot himself in the hand and that he couldn't play due to a Stoke and many others. He Obliterated that.
I think the Vinnie Vincent Obliteration should be the name of his new band
You can't "will" someone, but social media platforms do work :wink:

How about "EVOO" AKA "Extra Vinnie Obliteration Operation" - like "Extra Virgin Olive Oil"?
zoid2323

Post by zoid2323 »

I'd love to see his guitars and costumes on display. But really, to see him play again will make my year.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

zoid2323 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 pm I'd love to see his guitars and costumes on display. But really, to see him play again will make my year.

Wish fulfilled on all counts, Zoid! :D
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

RipRokken wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 am
zoid2323 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 pm I'd love to see his guitars and costumes on display. But really, to see him play again will make my year.

Rip you got me curious on the costumes
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Streetbeat wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:02 am
RipRokken wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 am

Rip you got me curious on the costumes
Just posted pics in the Photos thread, but the resolution went south. I'll try to straighten them out.