Site Issues

Help, questions, comments
AnkhWarrior

Site Issues

Post by AnkhWarrior »

For the past few days, the site has been giving me issues. It's just been doing funky things.

It started off by indicating there were new posts in certain threads. I would go look, but there would be no new posts whatsoever. It would also indicate new posts in threads that I had already viewed...but kept acting as though I never viewed them. Also, I would post my own comment on a thread and it wouldn't show (at least not on my end). I would have to reload the page a few times just for it to pop up.

Then at random, when I would go to a different area of the site, it would sign me out, saying I need to be a member to view this part of the forum...so I would have to sign in again.
Also with signing in, I have it set up to 'remember me' and keep me signed in, so whenever I come back to the site I don't have to sign in over and over. Well, even with this set up, it keeps signing me out each time I leave.

And just before writing this, I am finally seeing comments that were posted sometime ago that weren't showing up then, but can be seen now.

What is up with all this??? I tried clearing out my browser history, cache, etc to see if it would help; but still no change.
Also, I mainly view this site on my phone. Have not tried viewing it on a computer recently; so I do not know if it would produce the same problem.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Site Issues

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, I haven't seen anything like that, I use the site on my phone via Tapatalk and pc's at home and at work.

Things like being remembered at least are local to the browser, if it retains the information.

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling your browser, or try a different one, see how that goes.

Has anybody else experienced the above symptoms?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Board works Perfect.
I suggest you to Clear your cache.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I've had the same problem recently, depending on what I use (PC or iphone)
say two sky two say fare
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I stated I already cleared cache and browser history.

I wil reinstall my browser like GB suggests, see if it works.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

How long has this been happening AW?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Past few days.

Reinstalled Chrome browser. Everything seems fine now...it's keeping me logged in, not kicking me off, and is staying true to when it says new posts have been made.

Lol so odd, what would have caused all that. But reinstalling seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Glad to hear it's going better for you