News and information from 2018 onwards
Streetbeat

Vinnie's Handwritten Letter on ebay

Post by Streetbeat »

Very nice !
http://www.ebay.com/itm/302212548936

$ 49.95

Vinnie Vincent (KISS) Handwritten Letter

Handwritten letter from Vinnie Vincent to David Snowden and Keith Leroux. David and Keith ran “The KISS Force” fan club during the 80’s.

The KISS Force was known as ‘The KISS Army of the ‘80s’ with several thousand members. Eric Carr, Bruce Kulick, Vinnie Vincent, Ace Frehley and the rest of KISS did numerous interviews for fan club newsletter.

The letter was recently found in a box of photos and other items that David kept over the years. It is written on 8½” x 11” ruled paper in gold marker.

Letter reads: “Dear Dave & Keith –
Thanks so much for your support. I’d still like to have you start ‘First Blood!’. I’m still very into your energy & patience with it. I’m sorry I haven’t contacted you in awhile. But between the album, the band & the new house I just bought, things have been extremely hectic. But this record is such a killer & I’m so proud of it! Can’t wait to you to hear it. Its coming out on Chrysalis in Jan 86! You can contact me thru George Sewitt. He’s my manager, also Ace’s. I feel that you (Dave & Keith) George & I make a great team. By next issue I should have the name of the record & the band for you.
- Vinnie”

Nice piece of history - Vinnie wanting David & Keith to run his official fan club “First Blood” (later changed to the Vinnie Vincent Invasion International Fan Club). Also mentioned is George Sewitt (his manager) and Ace Frehley! Plus his new record deal with Chrysalis, release date and buying a new home in California.

NOTE: David Snowden did run the official Vinnie Vincent Invasion International Fan Club from 1986-1989 (when they disbanded). Keith Leroux is the current webmaster for KISSonline.com (KISS’ official website/fan club). Letter is in excellent condition with some ‘yellow’ aging spots. Will pass any PSA or other authentication process!

Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Vinnie's Handwritten Letter on ebay

Post by Genebaby »

Cool piece of history indeed!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Oooh fancy. It would already have been mine if I wasn't a broke fuck lol
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

You can always change that, you just need to decide not to be a BF anymore.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nice. No doubt Mr.Snowden has lots of stuff like this.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

Very reasonable price.
Rise All Creatures, Hail To The Beast...Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Streetbeat wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:15 pm You can always change that, you just need to decide not to be a BF anymore.
What a great idea! Never thought of such a thing 8) :lol:
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

And ...what have you done to change that?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Streetbeat wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:33 pm And ...what have you done to change that?
Did you take my first comment on this thread seriously?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

No just JK :)
are you bidding then?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Streetbeat wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:39 pm No just JK :)
are you bidding then?
Nope 8) because my $$$ has to go toward bills and such. Plus, it isn't a picture...I cannot get very excited off that :wink:
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

A gf should never be a bf
Rise All Creatures, Hail To The Beast...Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

I'm no handwriting expert, but someone should get a graphologist to look at this. His style is very flamboyant it seems to me, much like his guitar playing I suppose. Some basics that seem relevant to this letter, according to a quick Google search:

1. People who apply light pressure when writing try to avoid energy draining situations.
2. A right slant (////) signals one who responds strongly to emotional situations. They are caring, warm and outgoing -- their heart rules their mind.
3. A person who writes in straight lines (using lined paper) is tense and over disciplined.
4. Large handwriting indicates that the writer has trouble concentrating on tedious tasks and is easily distracted.
5. Average spacing between letters points to a person who is self-confident and feels comfortable and at ease.
6. Wide spacing between words suggest someone who avoids people contact; has problems dealing with others.
7. General level of intelligence can be determined by examining the small letters "m," "n," and "r." Someone with a "quick" mind will write these letters with sharp pointed tops. These writers are quick to comprehend and retain ideas. They are usually considered "smart."
8. The speed of the script reveals much about the writer. Fast writers can be spontaneous, impatient, ambitious, aggressive, negligent, quick thinkers, accident prone, etc.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Another one here, think this was for Doug Cataldo
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322424975503
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's not bad. More than I would pay.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Vinnie could make good $ by writing dedicated letters with a signed 8x10 prints.
He just does not want to.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He doesn't want to do much, but he did do those t-shirts a little while back.

Sure it started a bit crazy with so many designs, but he did sell some in the end.

He's gotta remember the KISS principal, Keep It Simple Stupid.

Simple is best and easiest to manage.
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Maybe its only me, but GOD DAMMIT is that first later hard to read. Guess its a lot like Vinnie's guitar playing: if you don't put attention to it, it just sounds odd (in the case of his writing, his cursive is so cursive they almost seem like runes).

Pretty nice historical finds overall. Here's hoping them things get either properly taken care of... or framed.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.