Ectasy n' ASG

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Calxplorer

Ectasy n' ASG

Post by Calxplorer »

You gotta admit, if you strip that track of its vocals you gotta a really guitar heavy song. The unmixed version is the one, his tone on that version is how that album should have turned out along with the rest of ASG. The album version is like stripped down to where you only hear Dana's bass as the rhythm on top of the guitars tracks. I swear that whole album is like that, all watered down of all guitar on those tracks (no to mention the solos being cut!) The record company def had something to do with that, those two albums are like night n day.

I love that dude could come up with killer pop type stuff without sacrifcing the heavy tone, not at all like the rest of the typical ballad garbage comin out back in the daze.
Guitar Screechin' Heart Teasin' n' Hair Teasin!!!
evh5150

Re: Ectasy n' ASG

Post by evh5150 »

I think ecstasy is one of the best songs on the album. The solo on there is in my opinion the best one on there. I can appreciate the first record and like it a lot, but I wish it was a little more tame like ASG. I think had Vinnie played nice that album would have gotten a push and it certainly looks like they were getting a little more successful. Cutting the solo's I think was smart, he got a little more melodic and a lot of it reminds me of his solo's on Creatures, i.e Saint and Sinner. Don't get me wrong I like the shred stuff but as far as an album I think Vinnie got it right with ASG.
Calxplorer

Post by Calxplorer »

I love the solo as well, has the same feel through that whole album with Love Kills, Time Of Year Etc. I can appreciate the tame sensibilities, but the unmixed versions have all the bridges as well as a lot of the backing tracks on those takes. They def had the momentum to get big n tour heavy, he was on point with that album considering the decade.

I just love the raw feel of that first album, even if it was considered a high production value album. Plus their is a melodic feel with No Substitute, Back On The Streets, Invasion. It just retains the heavy all the way through... :)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I can respect all the different moods .
I prefer Vinnie with no boundaries.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Calxplorer

Post by Calxplorer »

poserboy71 wrote:I can respect all the different moods .
That's exactly why I love the unmixed album! It's
the album homeboy intended to put out. Raw tones, heart melting melodies, with hooks n harmonies that could compete with Pyromania.

Chrysalis bottled him up to keep the wizard in him from conjuring a monster of an LP :twisted:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Calxplorer wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:I can respect all the different moods .
That's exactly why I love the unmixed album! It's
the album homeboy intended to put out. Raw tones, heart melting melodies, with hooks n harmonies that could compete with Pyromania.

Chrysalis bottled him up to keep the wizard in him from conjuring a monster of an LP :twisted:
Amen.
I would've packed my shit up and took my ball home too !
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS