Alice Cooper/Invasion Tour 86'

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Calxplorer

Alice Cooper/Invasion Tour 86'

Post by Calxplorer »

First off, it's rad to think the first Invasion tour was with Alice...just sayin.

I really would like to know how that tour went over. I could only imagine what the overall environment was like, given Coopers theatrics and than having the over top style of VV opening.

Dones anybody have info on how well they went over on that tour and if the crowd was into them? Also any info on when they played with Maiden? Or if anybody here actually saw them live?!

I recently watched the bootleg recording of the L'Amour show and it seemed like the place was way more slammin n alive than on their second tour given the footage of them in Toronto.
Guitar Screechin' Heart Teasin' n' Hair Teasin!!!
Pariah90

Re: Alice Cooper/Invasion Tour 86'

Post by Pariah90 »

Would have been great to see Alice during his 'Nightmare Returns Tour'. Still own the VHS and absolutely love it.
Calxplorer

Post by Calxplorer »

What?! That's rad, does it show anything from the Invasions set? Or from whoever opened on that leg of the tour?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We have learned that unfortunately when they recorded Alice on that tour they did not also record the VVI set. :(
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Calxplorer

Post by Calxplorer »

Genebaby wrote:We have learned that unfortunately when they recorded Alice on that tour they did not also record the VVI set. :(
No!!!!!!!!!

You would think given the hype surrounding his solo debut they would have made the effort to shoot at least a couple songs from one of their sets. They for sure had too at some point of the tour, the company who shot it probably has the original masters from those shows just sitting in storage some where, with legit takes of the Invasion melting faces.

Wishful thinking I suppose.... :D
Pariah90

Post by Pariah90 »

Calxplorer wrote:What?! That's rad, does it show anything from the Invasions set? Or from whoever opened on that leg of the tour?
Rad, indeed.
In regard to your question: No. The VHS does not include a VVI performance.