NAD - New Amp Day

Talk about your equipment
Genebaby
Site Admin

NAD - New Amp Day

Post by Genebaby »

I've never been one to collect amps like I do guitars.

I had a Marshall Valvestate which I sold when I got my TSL back in '99.

I have got a bunch of pedals which I've acquired over the years, from the days of when I was assembling a pedal board for live use, until I decided I didn't like tap dancing and got a multi-effects unit, so I have a few of those up to the POD HD 500 I'm using now, with the TSL used as a power amp.

I was looking into using my TSL with the Four Cable Method but realised I can't switch the channels using the POD.

Ironically, if I'd gone for the 6100 30th anniversary amp instead of the TSL, which I was also considering, I wouldn't have this problem as the 6100 supports midi and the TSL doesn't. But all those years ago midi was not on my radar and I chose the TSL. I did mod it to have a proper master volume control though, which I think the 6100 also had.

So fast forward a few days and I just sealed the deal on a JVM4100H, which has been on my radar since they came out. I thought the TSL was the ultimate Marshall head for versatility and then they released this thing!

I know it has gobs of gain, which I love and four very configurable channels, and midi so I can set up the presets and channel switch via the POD, something I have to learn.

Either way, I"m sure I'll love the amp as it is, and even more when I'm using it with the POD via the Four Cable Method.

I won't sell the TSL, that's my baby for over 15 years.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Re: NAD - New Amp Day

Post by poserboy71 »

I bought my 2555 Marshall Jubilees when I was a wee lad and haven't felt a need to mess with anything else.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I hear ya. In a previous band that was more straight ahead rock it was just my Marshall and wah pedal.

Then, with more diverse covers I began using the POD's live, either through the PA direct and then into the back of the Marshall, bypassing all of it's preamp stages.

Now I wanna have the effects of the POD going through the effects loop of the Marshall, and also use the Marshall's clean and distortion. Should be the best ever, once I work it all out.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Bought a quad box yet?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No, very happy with my two 1936 cabs, I can fit amp and a cab in either sedan.

Otherwise I couldn't get to gigs! I gotta be self sufficient.