Stanley tapping

Discuss other bands we like
tukoztukoz

Stanley tapping

Post by tukoztukoz »

Waching Paul Stanley's tapping solo on the Animalize tour always bring fun. I did a research with the words "Stanley tapping animalize" the other day, and I found it. There were also videos from another Stanley I've never really listened to : the amazing Stanley Jordan. It's funny, I've always thought that name belonged to the '60's jazz generation...

[youtube][/youtube]
say two sky two say fare
Streetbeat

Re: Stanley tapping

Post by Streetbeat »

I Love that Animalize Live solo and guitar !
ankh

Post by ankh »

his name 's not stanley, but he's quite good just the same..............and he plays in standard tuning! :)
C'mon, you know him already!
[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Streetbeat wrote:I Love that Animalize Live solo and guitar !

No! It's poo! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Stanley Jordan is Benjamin Button!!!! He looks younger every time I see him!!!! :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Andrew, How about a demo for a good laugh :-)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He would if he could "pull it off"!!!

See what I did there? ;)
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

See what I did there! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jordan & Lynch are amazing....as is Mr Broderick!

[youtube][/youtube]
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote:He would if he could "pull it off"!!!

See what I did there? ;)
Throwing down the Gauntlet!

I know better though and I think that A.K. Shreds! Even though he strings 8's :shock: :lol:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

[youtube][/youtube]
birnie

Post by birnie »

I think Uncle Kev did a good version of that somewhere ? :D
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

We ought to make a thread of of us all playing the Stanley Tapping Solo. Could be be worth some savage amusement ....

Jase, Andrew, Danni, Schobel, Vic, Fred, Yukihiro, Damian and a bunch of others here would be great fun.

I apologize for the obvious names that I missed but I've run out of time :-)

Everybody is welcome and this would be a blast
bennra

Post by bennra »

Man... Gene's wig looked stupid back then.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I think we've got a good version of Under the gun here. I just wonder if the guitars are all live recorded. Paul is moving a lot, and his rythm parts are right, maybe too much ? Also, was Alive II really a live record? Why do we always have the same Alive II versions on Kiss'best of records?
say two sky two say fare
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

tukoztukoz wrote: was Alive II really a live record?
Nah! Like Alive I & III, it was all touched up and vocals re-done in the studio. Don't know why? All the live footage from the Alive II era sounded great! Live isn't perfect.
SonOfTheAnkh

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

Honestly Paul's solo was just a waste of time to me... Half was just hyping the crowd and doing one note tapping... It's more of something a 12 year old would show off to his friends to make it look like he seemed good
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

SonOfTheAnkh wrote:Honestly Paul's solo was just a waste of time to me... Half was just hyping the crowd and doing one note tapping... It's more of something a 12 year old would show off to his friends to make it look like he seemed good
That is why it would be fun to do a video parody tribute to it or of it here for laughs. I can't play for shit anymore but I can play that stuff LOL :-)

Kev :-)
SonOfTheAnkh

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

Slayer wrote:
SonOfTheAnkh wrote:Honestly Paul's solo was just a waste of time to me... Half was just hyping the crowd and doing one note tapping... It's more of something a 12 year old would show off to his friends to make it look like he seemed good
That is why it would be fun to do a video parody tribute to it or of it here for laughs. I can't play for shit anymore but I can play that stuff LOL :-)

I heard from someone that Paul said the whole solo was supposed to be joke, but I'm sure he was just saying that to cover his ass :lol:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

SonOfTheAnkh wrote:
Slayer wrote:

I heard from someone that Paul said the whole solo was supposed to be joke, but I'm sure he was just saying that to cover his ass :lol:

I heard the same.
Paul is not a gymnastic player but at this stage of the game considering that he has been playing guitar over 50 years there is no doubt that he is a solid player even if he doesn't play a lot of notes as a soloist
SonOfTheAnkh

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

Slayer wrote:
SonOfTheAnkh wrote:
Slayer wrote:

I heard the same.
Paul is not a gymnastic player but at this stage of the game considering that he has been playing guitar over 50 years there is no doubt that he is a solid player even if he doesn't play a lot of notes as a soloist
Well yeah. He IS the rhythm guitarist after all though
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

In my world Lead Guitarist or Rhythm Guitarist is a role or job that you play depending on who you are playing with and what the song or jam is like. I like just the term guitarist because most play both and one time or another. Paul has played quite a few of the Kiss Solo's over the years uncredited
SonOfTheAnkh

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

Slayer wrote:In my world Lead Guitarist or Rhythm Guitarist is a role or job that you play depending on who you are playing with and what the song or jam is like. I like just the term guitarist because most play both and one time or another. Paul has played quite a few of the Kiss Solo's over the years uncredited
Yeah that's true