Vinnie's Guitar Companies

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
SonOfTheAnkh

Vinnie's Guitar Companies

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

Does anyone know the story of why he hopped from so many different guitar companies?
Thanks
shramiac

Re: Vinnie's Guitar Companies

Post by shramiac »

It was the 80's. The era of "greed is good"....thanks Mr Gecko!

Everyone would have been trying to get the "hottest" guitar players signed to their company and no doubt that most players were more than willing to accept a free guitar!

Mr Stanley is probably the biggest "guitar whore" there has been...........Vinnie had a good teacher in that respect! :P :P :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No but I know he upset at least jackson and carvin.
Bye Bye
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Related to this, I found this cool little snippet of an interview the other night:

http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net/vinnieinterview.html

VV talks about guitar endorsements back in 1984, and mentions he met and played with Eddie Van Halen which I didn't know.
bennra

Post by bennra »

Funny how he talks about loyalty to guitar brands. He himself bounced from Jackson to Charvel and briefly Ibanez.

Anyway... just sayin...
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No never charvel. He had a charvel guitar he made from pieces before he was in kiss.
He did an ad for jackson but they never officially marketed the vv model.
He featured in carvin catalog with black double neck guitar and also they used a still from love kills video in the same carvin catalog. From memory I don't think he ever did a magazine add for carvin.
He appeared in an ibanez guitar pedal ad but never for guitar or in their catalogs.
He never did anything for Washburn apart from credit them as equipment on asg album sleave.
He also credited ovation.
He did a laney add and dean markley. My memory is week but he also did a tiny bit of promo work with Seymour duncan including baseball cards which I have.
He did endorse azg guitars at namm and an add ran in early 90s for pear guitars.
Bye Bye
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

From carvinmuseum.com:
The '89 catalog showed this interesting photo of guitarist Vinnie Vincent, which was taken from his video "Love Kills". Although the X100B stacks are obviously Carvin, less obvious is the one-off VVV Carvin that Vinnie is playing (VVV = Vinnie Vincent V). This evidently was created as a counterpart to the Jackson VVV's that Vinnie normally played, which were originally designed for guitar legend Randy Rhodes, but never went into production due to Randy's untimely death. The Jackson models were made from 1986 to 1989, and the above Carvin model was made sometime around 1988. There were subtle differences between the Carvin and the Jackson - noteably, the Jackson had a standard inline headstock and sharkfin inlays, versus the reverse inline headstock and block inlays on the Carvin.

He looks happy here with other Jackson endorsees:

tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

That Charvel/Jackson ad makes me think about Sue Ellen, Charlie's Angels, Flashdance... Hairstyle, hairspray, eighties...
say two sky two say fare
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The carvin amp picture at top is a still from love kills video and not specifically for carvin but did appear in carvin catalog but not as an advertisement
Bye Bye
SonOfTheAnkh

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

Whoa guys thanks for all the info! I'd definitely like to find out what happened with Carvin.. Or should I say Kiesel, as it's called now
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

That's the only charvel jackson add he did. I have a very distant memory that he may have done soemthing for that great jackson guitars pre amp jx 3 with the jackson cabs with pick speakers they did but it may have just been an interview. http://i27.tinypic.com/ezn1ts.jpg He definitely said he uses Seymour duncan amps too but it's not clear if he really did.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Also interesting is that azg guitars offered vv model double neck. Would have been awesome to see a prototype
Bye Bye
SonOfTheAnkh

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

doublev2 wrote:Also interesting is that azg guitars offered vv model double neck. Would have been awesome to see a prototype
That woulda been pretty goofy
Calxplorer

Post by Calxplorer »

That add looks very cliche for that era, at least dudes in the middle as king Ha! Next to Rhoads had he been around of course
Guitar Screechin' Heart Teasin' n' Hair Teasin!!!