Creatures LP version super duper rare still

Talk about Kiss
GOLD5

Creatures LP version super duper rare still

Post by GOLD5 »

I have been collecting the new vinyl releases. One of the hardest ones to get is the Creatures lp with the original cover. Its funny because its listed as in stock at Amazon and also at my local record store Sunrise. I have had it on special order for months and they said they ordered extras too. They never get them. They have most of the other albums. They actually have a big wall display of Kiss lps and they had a contest on the day the albums shipped that you could wear make-up to the store and they would enter you and give you 10% off too. Whats the deal? Are scalpers trying to foist off the new albums as classic on ebay or something? It seems like the distributor is refusing to send copies to my Sunrise store. I noticed that the SRP price for Alive II went up from $25 to $45 also. I am convinced this is because scalpers are removing the tattoo sheet and selling it as vintage on ebay. Just like I said would happen beforehand. Ive seen lots of listings for it. Its too bad they didnt clearly mark it as a reprint. The paper used for the covers isnt as good either. In North Am they used a grey pulpy thick cardboard for covers. It prevented the record from making a circular mark on the cover. These new ones are the same as what used to be European imports. They are bleached very white and thin like folding paper or greeting cardstock. Its easy to bend the corners and hard to find one in store thats not bent. I am of the opinion that these new releases are not in any way mastered for vinyl. They are the new MP3/CD digital releases/remasters and they just simply copied that digital file onto the records. This means that they will not have the same high fidelity and range that the original tracks had. What do you guys think?
shramiac

Re: Creatures LP version super duper rare still

Post by shramiac »

Weird. I did see a CoTN LP at store a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember the price though.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I have Creatures original and the 85 reprint so I've not looked for the new version.

I keep forgetting to get The Elder as the new one is different, it has the songs in proper story order for the first time.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Saw 3 of them at one of the JBHIFI stores in my home town of Cairns on Sunday the 12th of April! Maybe they're all here?? :P

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I went and bought the new Elder LP today, and they also had Creatures there, along with many others.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
marsaries2005

Post by marsaries2005 »

Funny, I bought the Elder a few years back at a local shop that was selling it for 7€. I popped it into my car´s CD player, and the first thing I thought of was WTF is going? Something's wrong, then I read online how they switched the order to how the band originally presented the album, and how it was originally released in some countries. Have tried listening to it this way, but always revert back to the order I'm used to.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool, I didn't realise there was a CD version with the correct order.

I haven't' done it yet but I plan to rearrange the digital files on my PC, etc, so they play in the correct order.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
marsaries2005

Post by marsaries2005 »

I bought one of the re-masters, since I bought it in Spain is is possible that they only released it that way in select countries.
roustabout23

Post by roustabout23 »

shramiac wrote:Saw 3 of them at one of the JBHIFI stores in my home town of Cairns on Sunday the 12th of April! Maybe they're all here?? :P

i notice there are 2 different formats for COTN, one offset more... same with Rock And Roll Over, larger font... might need to get 2 of everything to get all the variations LOL
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

No, the records were just more to the left in the shelf! Not a print difference.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yes i bet you are correct. dig files then copied onto vinyl. makes me puke. I have a hard enough time at movie theaters since they have basically all gone digital projection in past two years. Even though 35 to 50% of American movies still shot on film they project it digital. If anyone has looked at a 35mm print next to even a good digital projection you will see how shit digital is. Its just convience and somewhat cost effective for distributors / movie theaters but i have proved that people shoot way more than they need on digital and the editing costs way more to figure out what the fucks is what. The new Star Wars, Bond, Gremlins and many more are back on film because it lasts and doesn't date. The last Bond film Skyfall was shot 2k digital and now 4k digital tv's the are screwed, can not put it out looking remotely good yet all the previous Bond movies 1960s to 2012 were film and no problem at all re scanning at 4k, infact upto 20k no problem. Digital is fucking shit but they have the money to tell dumbwits that its better.
Bye Bye
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

It was so great hearing the reels'noise while watching a silent movie from the early twenties at the cinematheque...
say two sky two say fare
birnie

Post by birnie »

What? Are they copying the digital files onto Vinyl?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I bet you they are. Lazy cheap bastards
Bye Bye