best amp ever

Talk about your equipment
ACK

best amp ever

Post by ACK »

fender mustang gt. best amp ever. its a combo that has like 35 amps built in, pedals, and new effects I've never even heard before.
i nailed so many kiss guitar tones on it. especially first album
No actually im a plumber, he fell off his bike, how many more greatest hits?, u unleash da fokin furdy, hey look , it's rock and roll
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: best amp ever

Post by Genebaby »

With all the amps out there I don't think many will agree that the Mustang GT is the best amp ever. I love my Marshall JVM's, they are the best Marshalls I have used. So many great tupe amps out these days, but the JVM does it for me.

Don't even get started on the high end modelling units out there. When Metallica or Megadeth starting using the Mustang GT for their concerts I'll take a better look at it.

It may be the best amp you've had though, but given the choice I would not even think about it as an option.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
pinkrhoads

Post by pinkrhoads »

I had a Mustang V2 for years when I started, being able to experiment with so much stuff by hooking it up to my computer was a great learning experience, I now have a Marshall as well, and wouldn’t stray from it as it does everything I need but mustangs and the other fender modelling amps are great pieces of kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

The Best Amp ever, lately its been the Dumble Overdrive Special, but since I cannot afford one, I use my EVH with very low gain in the pre-amp and the J. Rockett Dude overdrive pedal. Or I can replicate the sound in my Spark 40 amp when I am in the living room.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

EVH amp, nice!!!

I dig those. I am very happy with my JVM's, they sound great just by themselves, what I've always wanted from an amp, along with the versatility they offer. Need channel options.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Well the nice thing about an amp like a Dumble is that its got a lot of headroom before breakup, its clean and if you want to add mids you can but this way its versatile. I have been learning Jazz standards the past year and a half... so my playing has been mostly that.. Of course Sunday I did for the first time in more than a year I played a few KISS/Invasion songs, and I was back to being sloppy.. so playing Jazz doesn't make you better on Rock songs... playing Rock songs makes you better at Rock songs, playing Jazz makes you better at Jazz.. But rhythm especially rhythm in playing melodies, solos and arpeggios does improve of course.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm not sure I would like the Dumble, I want great distortion, easily, from an amp and I get that in spades from the JVM, and I think the EVH III would do the same. I'm a simple rock guitarist, love distorted rock guitar.

The JVM is the first amp I have ever not had the gain maxed, it's actually at half way, with another 3 channels of higher gain I also don't use, it's great to have so much gain up my sleeve.
ankh

Post by ankh »

this video shows what a master can do with a Dumble:

“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
ankh

Post by ankh »

Randy and Ace loved the Fender Hravard with a 10 " jensen speaker.

There are so many amps out there, to each his/her own, tough i'm partial to a 59 bassman.....

and a Marshall super bass....

“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

ankh wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:14 am this video shows what a master can do with a Dumble:

I love it!!!