some old rack stuff i've bought............

Talk about your equipment
ankh

some old rack stuff i've bought............

Postby ankh » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:19 am

there were a few items i was looking for and, after some hunt, i've found them:

ROLAND GP8
Weird choice, but it has some nice sounds.Reason for purchase was chasing a certain Mike Oldfield sound.Even when MO played with a whole orchestra, the other guitar players(there were like four of them) had no other choice but to buyto buy this product to get the same sound

Messing with his options you can also get many 80's sounds.Sounds a bit like a rockman, but also hints at JC120.The OD/dist are analog.Chorus is very, very nice.

Digitech IPS33B harmony machine.
LIking David Torn can be Dangerous both for the ear and the wallet :P.This one is a sort of harmonizer with certain effects that can be applied to the harmonized notes.Tons of options, you can even create your own scale and it will be harmonized perfectly.

Lexicon Reflex.

After watching Jeff beck "live at Ronnie scott's" over and over, i bought this reverb unit(he used it in that gig) to get that kind of reverb flavour.Very easy to operate, limited( it is very old)options, but sounds very nice.Bought for cheap.

Last, but not least..............
after lusting after its reverb for many years, finally i did pull the trigger on this:

During the years, i've tried both the Eclipse and the Reverb pedal that came out a couple years ago.This unit,albeit more than 15 years older has a much better and dense reverb.Not to mention all the million things you can do with it.It is a good idea to put it in the mixer aux sends.
Many people are fond of the H 3000, but this one has the same quality.Besides, the h7600 is too pricey.

Playng with just guitar, a tube amp and this, on his reverb settings, it is soothing and relaxing to the point of meditation.

Thanks for getting through this, if you have any questions.................
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"

doublev2

Re: some old rack stuff i've bought............

Postby doublev2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:40 am

Nice
STOP USING GOOGLE TO SEARCH USE DUCK DUCK GO OR START PAGE OR IXQUICK TO SEARCH
http://www.vinnie-vincent.com/discograp ... ssette.jpg

shramiac

Postby shramiac » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:48 am

Ooooooo Eventide! They own the word "harmonizer" by the way! Every other company couldn't use the word harmonizer on their product.

Don't know if they still own the word today though.
Purple guitars kick ass!

ankh

Postby ankh » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:57 pm

that thing is wonderful.It takes a bit to learn how to program it properly.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Genebaby
Site Admin

Postby Genebaby » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:44 pm

Very nice. I find I'm happy with the effects in whatever multi effect unit I'm using at the time.

I have plenty of gear, so lucky I'm not as bad as I am with guitars. Someone local is selling a Marshall set of a Marshall 20/20 , JMP1 and JFX1, all three in a case.....hmmmm...
Commander in chief - VVFF Army

tukoztukoz

Postby tukoztukoz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:02 am

Cool!
Did VV use an even ride harm.?
say two sky two say fare

tukoztukoz

Postby tukoztukoz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:02 am

Eventide...
say two sky two say fare

ankh

Postby ankh » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:55 am

Genebaby, the Marshall stuff is very ,very good.Maiden and leppard still use them.The Marshall JFX1 you've mentioned is also good, but didn't get too much credit.
tukoztukoz, Eventide was one of the effects brands listed during the recording session of the VVI albums, probably the H3000.

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Genebaby
Site Admin

Postby Genebaby » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Genebaby, the Marshall stuff is very ,very good.Maiden and leppard still use them.The Marshall JFX1 you've mentioned is also good, but didn't get too much credit.
Don't worry, I know it's pretty cool stuff, but I have a Peavey 50/50 amp and a Digitech 2120 Artist in a rack case that I don't use, and I kept my trusty Twin Tube, which I did used to use live in the 90's.

Now I run a Pod HD500X into a JVM410H via 4CM, which has been fantasic. Prior I was using the Pod into the effects return of a TSL 100, which was also good.

I spent a few years in the 2000's using a Pod XT Live direct into our PA and just a monitor, which did work great. I didn't miss the lug, but I do like the current setup very much.
Commander in chief - VVFF Army

Return to “Our gear”