some old rack stuff i've bought............

Talk about your equipment
ankh

some old rack stuff i've bought............

Post by ankh »

there were a few items i was looking for and, after some hunt, i've found them:

ROLAND GP8
Weird choice, but it has some nice sounds.Reason for purchase was chasing a certain Mike Oldfield sound.Even when MO played with a whole orchestra, the other guitar players(there were like four of them) had no other choice but to buyto buy this product to get the same sound

Messing with his options you can also get many 80's sounds.Sounds a bit like a rockman, but also hints at JC120.The OD/dist are analog.Chorus is very, very nice.

Digitech IPS33B harmony machine.
LIking David Torn can be Dangerous both for the ear and the wallet :P.This one is a sort of harmonizer with certain effects that can be applied to the harmonized notes.Tons of options, you can even create your own scale and it will be harmonized perfectly.

Lexicon Reflex.

After watching Jeff beck "live at Ronnie scott's" over and over, i bought this reverb unit(he used it in that gig) to get that kind of reverb flavour.Very easy to operate, limited( it is very old)options, but sounds very nice.Bought for cheap.

Last, but not least..............
after lusting after its reverb for many years, finally i did pull the trigger on this:

During the years, i've tried both the Eclipse and the Reverb pedal that came out a couple years ago.This unit,albeit more than 15 years older has a much better and dense reverb.Not to mention all the million things you can do with it.It is a good idea to put it in the mixer aux sends.
Many people are fond of the H 3000, but this one has the same quality.Besides, the h7600 is too pricey.

Playng with just guitar, a tube amp and this, on his reverb settings, it is soothing and relaxing to the point of meditation.

Thanks for getting through this, if you have any questions.................
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev2

Re: some old rack stuff i've bought............

Post by doublev2 »

Nice
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Ooooooo Eventide! They own the word "harmonizer" by the way! Every other company couldn't use the word harmonizer on their product.

Don't know if they still own the word today though.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
ankh

Post by ankh »

that thing is wonderful.It takes a bit to learn how to program it properly.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Very nice. I find I'm happy with the effects in whatever multi effect unit I'm using at the time.

I have plenty of gear, so lucky I'm not as bad as I am with guitars. Someone local is selling a Marshall set of a Marshall 20/20 , JMP1 and JFX1, all three in a case.....hmmmm...
Commander in chief - VVF Army
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Cool!
Did VV use an even ride harm.?
say two sky two say fare
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Eventide...
say two sky two say fare
ankh

Post by ankh »

Genebaby, the Marshall stuff is very ,very good.Maiden and leppard still use them.The Marshall JFX1 you've mentioned is also good, but didn't get too much credit.
tukoztukoz, Eventide was one of the effects brands listed during the recording session of the VVI albums, probably the H3000.

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

ankh wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:55 am Genebaby, the Marshall stuff is very ,very good.Maiden and leppard still use them.The Marshall JFX1 you've mentioned is also good, but didn't get too much credit.
Don't worry, I know it's pretty cool stuff, but I have a Peavey 50/50 amp and a Digitech 2120 Artist in a rack case that I don't use, and I kept my trusty Twin Tube, which I did used to use live in the 90's.

Now I run a Pod HD500X into a JVM410H via 4CM, which has been fantasic. Prior I was using the Pod into the effects return of a TSL 100, which was also good.

I spent a few years in the 2000's using a Pod XT Live direct into our PA and just a monitor, which did work great. I didn't miss the lug, but I do like the current setup very much.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Great
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

arrived Yesterday.Yt was cheap since not in the best condition.I will wait and see what i can extract out of it.

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice pick up. Do you have these in a rack enclosure?
ankh

Post by ankh »

yes, i've tried to use studio open enclosure kind , but isn't practical, so i've bought several flightcases and i stored them there.It makes it easier to deal with them if you need to play live, and also helps deal with the amount of wires.....wihtout looking too much like linaes in the tarzan forest...
I still have to test if the things the vortex can do aren't the same that the other two multifx can do as well, when it comes to morphing, since those two are both capable of doing that

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Got any pics of your setups?

I remember, and still have, the old guitar magazines where this was a competition or something to win your dream rig, and there was the Jackson guitar with huge rock star rack behind it, as the ultimate of gear at the time....
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I still kinda wish I had gotten that Marshall stuff.....Gear Acquisition Syndrome is real!!!!!
ankh

Post by ankh »

what kind of pic you would like?Just curios... i think you refer to the rack stuff..............

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I'm wondering how you're housing the gear.

I have a Peavey 50/50 poweramp and Digitech 2120 in an enclosure that I used to put on top of a cabinet if I was using it.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:28 am Yeah, I'm wondering how you're housing the gear.

I have a Peavey 50/50 poweramp and Digitech 2120 in an enclosure that I used to put on top of a cabinet if I was using it.
What about that soft rack that I sent to you ?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:28 am Yeah, I'm wondering how you're housing the gear.

The Vai and Satch effects are cool in the 2120. The Metal options are tasty too!
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

ankh wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:19 am there were a few items i was looking for and, after some hunt, i've found them:

ROLAND GP8
Weird choice, but it has some nice sounds.Reason for purchase was chasing a certain Mike Oldfield sound.Even when MO played with a whole orchestra, the other guitar players(there were like four of them) had no other choice but to buyto buy this product to get the same sound

Messing with his options you can also get many 80's sounds.Sounds a bit like a rockman, but also hints at JC120.The OD/dist are analog.Chorus is very, very nice.

Digitech IPS33B harmony machine.
LIking David Torn can be Dangerous both for the ear and the wallet :P.This one is a sort of harmonizer with certain effects that can be applied to the harmonized notes.Tons of options, you can even create your own scale and it will be harmonized perfectly.

Lexicon Reflex.

After watching Jeff beck "live at Ronnie scott's" over and over, i bought this reverb unit(he used it in that gig) to get that kind of reverb flavour.Very easy to operate, limited( it is very old)options, but sounds very nice.Bought for cheap.

Last, but not least..............
after lusting after its reverb for many years, finally i did pull the trigger on this:

During the years, i've tried both the Eclipse and the Reverb pedal that came out a couple years ago.This unit,albeit more than 15 years older has a much better and dense reverb.Not to mention all the million things you can do with it.It is a good idea to put it in the mixer aux sends.
Many people are fond of the H 3000, but this one has the same quality.Besides, the h7600 is too pricey.

Playng with just guitar, a tube amp and this, on his reverb settings, it is soothing and relaxing to the point of meditation.

Thanks for getting through this, if you have any questions.................
Good score on the ET :!:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

poserboy71 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:42 am

What about that soft rack that I sent to you ?
Hey Rick, that was a padded gig bag for a Line 6 board. That's floor based, which I didn't used to like in the 80's/90's but now prefer as you don't have to have the rack unit and then a floorboard to control it. All in one works for simplicity for me, especially as I run the POD through my Marshall now and it's only for effects and channel switching.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

fullshredd wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 pm

The Vai and Satch effects are cool in the 2120. The Metal options are tasty too!
I really do like the Vai patch from memory, but I think it was the Gambale that was my favourite, though I may be remembering wrong.
ankh

Post by ankh »

pics are abit blurred, but it may give you an idea...some old stuff, some not-so-old-stuff.....

some multifx and the vg 8 are missing, and the pedals are stored differently.
Even tough the flight casea re a bit bulky, this way it is easier to use what i need, i did try the steel frame with little wheels, but it was so heavy that it wasn't practical to move.
If you need any more info, i'm here :)

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice!

That's quite a collection.

And yes. When you put a lot into one of those big cases it all adds up and gets heavy pretty quickly.
ankh

Post by ankh »

i would have preferred to have just several 2 units flightcases, but the big ones i found them for cheap.And, within certain limits,it is good to have some effects together.The Rane splitter/mixer and the alesis mixer help deal with all those gizmos.
I had a 12 space metal frame with wheels,it become impractical due to the weight and the fact that some effects were positioned too low.Plus the whole thing was a bit shaky.
The best units are the ensoniq and the sony stuff.The ensoniq has so many possibilities, but it is a bit of a pain to program.The sony vs 77 is such a great unit.The quadraverb has a good reverb if programmed rightly
The G&K and Boss pre are useful for some clean sounds-think of Rush,"Show of hands" era or the Roland JC 120.
The BBE works great but it is a bit deceiving.

The line 6 stuff were a bargain, and, after owning the Echorec Binson and knowing what it makes it sound so good, i've preferred to just have the echopro.Sometimes it is better to draw the line between the ,huh, purity of sound and the portability and maintenance.And in a live setting, just few people would notice the difference.
About the pedals, a good solution- both for storing them and for live playng- was to put them in those zipped laptop bags.
If any of you have any questions i will happily answer with the best of my knowledge.

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL: