Headstock Question

Talk about your equipment
Calxplorer

Headstock Question

Post by Calxplorer »

Reverse or standard on a Jackson with locking nut? Looking for opinions and suggestions, open to all points of view just want solid feedback on look, tone and quality of the reverse models. Very concerned with the tone being affected and the tension of the strings being altered, regardless of locking nut. This will be my first locking nut and fLoyd rose. Have been a solid Gibson standard bridge and tailpiece player for years. Just recently acquired Exploer and am getting used to shorter scale neck over V I've utilized for 5 plus years. Like I says any comments welcomed!! :D
Guitar Screechin' Heart Teasin' n' Hair Teasin!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Headstock Question

Post by Genebaby »

I have a few with reverse headstock and there is no issue with tone or tension, it's purely a look thing.

I will say tuning them is a little different, just the feel of it and the motion due to the different location. Not a deal breaker by any means.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I agree with Genebaby (Vic).
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
WigFarmer

Post by WigFarmer »

i've got regular and reverse headstocks on locking trem guitars (floyds and ibby edges and zrs) and i have never noticed any difference in tone or string tension. about the only time it enters my mind is when i'm string the guitar.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

No difference IMO.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(