Jackson id number

Talk about your equipment
tukoztukoz

Jackson id number

Post by tukoztukoz »

I'm wondering about the year and place a Jackson King V blue flames was produced. It's made in the USA (headstock) and the number on the fretboard is U18909 (not sure about the 0, it could be an 8 or a 9...)
I checked different sites. The best one was the Jackson site, but I couldn' find anything after 2001 (U0****).
Any idea?
say two sky two say fare
LLinvasion

Re: Jackson id number

Post by LLinvasion »

I had one of those i remember it was 2002 or something , def after fender bought them out.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

There's a similar one to sell on eBay these days too. It's a KV2, 2002. How long have they been making those blue flames KVs?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Jackson-KV ... SwnGJWTdup
say two sky two say fare
LLinvasion

Post by LLinvasion »

Its kinda difficult to research it , for some reason i think it was a year or two , they had a purple ghost flame one too, i got mine for about 1300 here at guitar center, i took it back though like a week later that one didnt feel right to me, really nice though, im just gonna save up for a early one , early 90s or even better one from the 80's it will be totally worth it
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I registered a few days ago at JCF online, and there's a member who's collecting id numbers of Jackson imports. He also tells where and when your Jackson was built. He had some info about US Jackson guitars, and told me it was probably may or june 2007.
JCF's got a lot of infos, even about our Vinnie and his Jackson models! It was cool to read words from members of the VVFF :wink: :wink: :wink: !
say two sky two say fare
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Vic and I? No! We never post there! :P :P :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Lol.....
Commander in chief - VVF Army
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I payed for this Jackson Dinky performer the equivalent sum of two Panda express meals... As I cannot figure how to post pictures on JCF, I put the id numbers pictures here, so Mudllark will be able to tell me more about that guitar... :)
IMG_4668.JPG
IMG_4633.JPG
IMG_4632.JPG
say two sky two say fare
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Wow! You got that for a steal!

I've linked pictures from my photobucket acc with no dramas on JCF! There's a square with a tree in it and that's the link button to upload your pictures.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

As is stamped on the neck and body it's a model called the PS4.

Looks like a previous owner put their name in the neck pocket, that wasn't done at the factory on these guitars and 99 is getting a bit late in the decade for when it was made.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Genebaby wrote:As is stamped on the neck and body it's a model called the PS4.

So I'll call this guitar the "Paul Stanley 4", 4 for 1984, when Paul was trying to shred live like Mark St John on his Jackson! Huge collector!

shramiac wrote:
I've linked pictures from my photobucket acc with no dramas on JCF! There's a square with a tree in it and that's the link button to upload your pictures.
I usually post pics from my PC or IPhone, so mayble I'll try photobucket or something like that. I'll check that square with a tree too, thanks.
say two sky two say fare
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Mudlark says for info that '99 isn't too late for a Performer. They were still offered in the 2000 catalogue.
say two sky two say fare