Rudy Sarzo bass B 70 RS

Post by tukoztukoz »

Look, I've found Ace´s AF-40 cousin!
image.jpg
say two sky two say fare
ankh

Re: Rudy Sarzo bass B 70 RS

Post by ankh »

Ace Frehley came to Washburn in the mid-80s. He liked the Eagle, and was playing a triple humbucker version. Washburn management didnt want to continue making the Eagle/Wing Series guitars, and so wanted him to play a metal shaped one to get Washburn in the massive 80s metal movement at the time. The G70K was a guitar that you wont find around at all. There were very few made, as the decision was made to make them even more radical and market them as Ace Frehley models, before production of the G70 could get into full swing. The AF40 was produced for 2 or 3 years and then never made again. The G70 here has the BBR finish. Its benefits over the AF40 redesign are a Kahler Flyer, and an additional humbcuker. This one plays great if you can get past the gumby looks, and comes with the OHSC. If you already have an AF40, this would make a great companion piece. It would also be a good companion piece for the Slammer bass which itself is based on.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Thanks for the info, I've just seen a pic of one of those rare G70K. Great!
I just drove a hundred miles this afternoon to go and get this instrument. I'm really happy with it : japanese design/shape, really poppy to me... What I like about this design is that nobody thinks about redoing it today : metal guitar shapes are RRs, explorers, Vs...
It sounds great and you can get lots of sounds (5 positions). I cannot tell about the function of the tiny switch - can't hear any difference when it's up or down...
I wish I'll find some AF-40 one day...
say two sky two say fare
ankh

Post by ankh »

nice to know you're happy with it:);) if i'm correct it has a phenolyc fretoboard(what they called carbonite),,just ask to the luthier to be careful sicne it is a bit of a hassle to replace the frets.
About teh Af40 v, they ask ridicolous prices, yet one was sold in Irlenad for about 350 bucks.It seems also tha t the lightning bolt it is silver instead of white-i don't think so,btw.

Ed roman staff can redirect you towards someone who made replicas of it, tough with a Floyd rose and reverse colors.

Wish i could have th chance to buy it whe it came out, but it was expensive,even tough ti is a normal basswood-or ash,depending on the source- bolt on guitar.Yet it has a long tenon.
I have a washburn with a wonderbar and it is very smooth, even tough general consensus is that the brass rollers take away the sustain.
One man claim to have a unique knockoff made by washburn and also said tha t for many reasons CEO refuses to make a reissue.

maybe you can ask here if they are willing to do a replica, they are specialized in such products:

http://www.rareelectricguitar.com/
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I like Irish people, they should sell AF-40 guitars more often! :wink:

I wouldn't spend too much money for this kind of guitar. I paid 300 US $ for the Rudy Sarzo bass, that's a nice price I think.

Maybe one day in a fleamarket I'll find one AF40, with a cracked-mirror Iceman for 100$?!!!
say two sky two say fare
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

There's also something from Jem and the Holograms'guitar design...
jem holograms.JPG
jem holograms.JPG (60.18 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
say two sky two say fare