Feels like im a bit outnumbered ...

Talk about your equipment
Mickey

Feels like im a bit outnumbered ...

Post by Mickey »

Lots of guitarists here but here it goes...here's my gear :D Its a SONOR Select Force series upgraded with s-hoops on topsides of the toms and both sides of the snare. Cymbals from Zildjian.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Feels like im a bit outnumbered ...

Post by Genebaby »

Nice looking kit.

I am one of the guitarists you mentioned, ha ha, but there is plenty of love for the drums too. Some of the guys know a bit about them, but I don't myself.

Is that your jam room? Is it your Marshall?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

And a Les Paul too!

Your kit is brown.....Dino is gonna love you!

Cool kit though.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Thanks guys!

Not so much brown...well in certain lights it can look like it.

And yes it is the jam room of the band. or the funfactory. marshal and les paul belongs to the guitarplayer. Not sure what year it is but he got it as a gift when he was 50. I can ask him
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Any videos? I want to see you playing the drums !
Wolfi
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Nice!
I learned some basic drums in the nineties, and still play sometimes. Even in my car I often stomp with my feet when I drive on the freeway... I own an old Rogers drumset (not in a very good condition), a Roland TD-7, and a kid drumkit.
say two sky two say fare
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Wolfi I have nothing right now. But i could look around since there is stuff that was filmed over the years.

Tukoz AH! Rogers...you dont see those guys around much anymore! I dont even know if they are still making drums?
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Just checked about Rogers on Wikipdia :

On August 26, 2006, the Yamaha Corporation of America announced that it had acquired the intellectual property rights to the Rogers Drum Company at the BMMC bankruptcy court-ordered auction.

"Opportunities to acquire a well-respected brand, that is so treasured by players do not come along everyday," said Tom Sumner, Vice President and General Manager of Yamaha's Pro Audio & Combo Division. "We will use our expertise to improve on the Rogers legacy."

Yamaha displayed its new Rogers drums at winter NAMM 2007. The drums appear to be an amalgam of different Rogers eras, with some Yamaha touches. The reaction from classic Rogers fans has been overwhelmingly negative and as of November 2014, little if anything has been done with the brand.

I have to take some pics of it...

It's a good thing to learn different instruments, I think I understand music better that way.
say two sky two say fare
birnie

Post by birnie »

Well Mickey, I believe that makes you the 1st to upload their own kit ??
nice to see :)

Have you ever learnt any VVI or VV/Kiss songs ?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

No never actually learned any of those songs. we have been jamming away for fun though but that was a looooooong time ago. I remember we used to play/jam detroit rc and i love it loud.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Ahem! I believe I was the first to put up their drum kit! Total POS it was though! :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

=)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Buddy Rich used Rogers and he always used Rogers snares. He even had them re badged to the company he was endorsing at the time.
Did you know that bobby rocks vvi sonor set complete with vvi tour stickers was offered to us on the old forum in 2007.
I play 60s leedy, 60s meazzi hollywood and 60s premier bebop but I only play jazz. My favourite modern kitchen is remo gold crown but they have just been discontinued.
Bobby Rock used a tama artstar 2 cordia wood set with nitro. I believe he did not record with the sonor set with vvi as he only liked the sonor live. He used a pearl set on first vvi and maybe on asg but my memory is slim on the asg. He may have used the sonor on asg but wasn't happy, maybe that's the story
story
Bye Bye
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Wow interesting stories! I didnt know that about Buddy R. This Sonor is my first. I come from Pearl and later on DW. The DW i had to sell to be able to finance my school which is a bit sad. But then again i made someone really happy to get a really nice sounding, beautiful kit. So that drumkit now lives in Finland =)

I think well many not many times but sometimes the studiokit and livekit arent the same. Maybe its a deal they write in the contract or just plain 'cheating'.