Charvel

Talk about your equipment
tukoztukoz

Charvel

Post by tukoztukoz »

How much would you pay for this Charvel ? (non fine tuning Jackson licensed Floyd, year?, EMG HZ)
charvel.JPG
charvel.JPG (28.15 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
say two sky two say fare
tukoztukoz

Re: Charvel

Post by tukoztukoz »

one more pic...
Charv.JPG
Charv.JPG (20.44 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
say two sky two say fare
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I did some research on a Charvel site, and they say if it's written TX on the address, it's a japanese Charvel.
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Charvel

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, that's a Japanese made Model 3 from the 80's. The trem is good as long as it's not worn out, I replaced my one guitar that had one with a Schaller Floyd. That trem also does have fine tuners.

I'm not sure on market value, it all depends on where you live.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

At first I thought it was an american model and the trem reminded me of the one I saw on the pink/grey Jackson VVV on eBay last year. That began to interest me. I snobbishly would prefer an american one though... The seller asks 400 CHF. Which is approximately 400 US $, but money changes are getting crazy today, since our national Bank has decided to stop keeping the swiss frank (CHF) at 1,20 CHF = 1 € - now it's 1CHF = 1,05 €...
This new year has begun in an very insecure way over here (Charlie Hebdo, money changes...). Is buying guitars a good placement to survive when everything will fall down? Hmmmmmm...
For the trem, is this really a fine tuning one? I cannot see if there are holes for the tuning screws in the part where it's written "Licensed Under Floyd Rose..."
Cha.JPG
Cha.JPG (29.1 KiB) Viewed 998 times
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Charvel

Post by Genebaby »

That trem was used on U.S. Jackson guitars too once it was in production when the original Floyd patent ran out and the copies started.

It has fine tuners, just not in the same way on a Floyd.

By 89 this type of Charvel had a Schaller Floyd and real Floyd nut.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

The fine tuners are the knurled ends at the back. I think the JT-6 was made by Gotoh (Vic will correct me) as it has similar properties to the Ibanez Edge that came out at the same time. Cast steel construction but with the knife edge being an inserted piece and the fantastic pop-in arm, THE best arm of all the Floyds, IMO. But like the Ibz Edge because of the cast construction, they tend to corrode and wear away very quickly. My JEM's trems are a hot corroded mess! :P They still work perfectly though! :D
Also, if you need a new arm for your JT-6, buy the Ibz arm as they are exactly the same and usually sell for waaaay cheaper!

Here is the JT-6.

Fine tuners from the back

My rusted out Ibz Edge (the better one of the two. The other one is even rustier!!!!)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Seems like a post-nuclear Floyd!

Thanks for the precisions. I went for JT6 pictures and found this. Now I understand how the strings get blocked...
back.JPG
back.JPG (19.76 KiB) Viewed 980 times
say two sky two say fare
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

tukoztukoz wrote:Seems like a post-nuclear Floyd!

Thanks for the precisions. I went for JT6 pictures and found this. Now I understand how the strings get blocked...
back.JPG
That was the second picture I posted! Don't know why it didn't show though! Oh well!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The Charvels from that year are really cool,even when they are BLUE. :P :P :P :P
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS