Randy Rhoads Polkadot replica

Talk about your equipment
shramiac

Randy Rhoads Polkadot replica

Post by shramiac »

A guy on randyrhoads.tk is getting a polkadot replica made and he was going to get Karl Sandoval (the maker of Randy's original polkadot V) but he settled on GMW to make it! Hey GB, maybe you should should send him your experience with Lee Garver and his shonky work!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Randy Rhoads Polkadot replica

Post by Genebaby »

Lee has made a lot of those RR PD replica's including one or two for Zakk Wylde. He can do good/stellar work, which is why I chose him for that particular guitar, but yeah, he bent me over big time.

His versions are wildly known amongst the Randy community, but there is also a guy called Jackly? that makes a pretty mean replica too. He makes the original Concorde design at least, I can't remember if he did the PD.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I have a friend here in town that owns a Sandoval polka dot v.
I would go straight for the original because it is possible.

As far as a VVV guitar... :D :D :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

GB is it ok if I show the pictures of your neck on the randy site? I won't post the link to your full story as it may get you in trouble?? Or if it won't get you in trouble I will!!!! Your call.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

shramiac wrote:GB is it ok if I show the pictures of your neck on the randy site? I won't post the link to your full story as it may get you in trouble?? Or if it won't get you in trouble I will!!!! Your call.
You can do that, I won't get in trouble. Lee does great work but he chose to screw me over for some reason, which I cannot fathom. One day I hope to ask him in person and get a proper answer.

I am a member there too, I am really hanging for the new editions of Randy's Ozzy albums.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

poserboy71 wrote:I have a friend here in town that owns a Sandoval polka dot v.
I would go straight for the original because it is possible.

As far as a VVV guitar... :D :D :D
It's true you can get an original but it seems Vinnie may have got his guitar pricing from Karl. He knows how to charge.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Bullshit pricing.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS