Talk about your equipment
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I just got it today! Number 30 did a four-year-sleep in a swiss music shop! I didn't expect was that beautiful from the pictures I saw on the net! :D :D :D
30.PNG
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: #30

Post by Genebaby »

Nice, congratulations on your new baby.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Awesome! No. 30, the last one, el fineto, that's it! :D

How'd you backdoor this baby?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I regularly check guitar ads about guitars I like. Jacksons RR1 are not very easy to find at a low or acceptable price here, and I always hesitate to get me one, since I bought less than two years ago my Jackson RRpro BK (made in Indonesia), which is a very nice guitar, close to the USA model but not exactly…
Musixx.ch sell online all kinds of instruments (they have shops too). I’ve been looking there sometimes, without thinking buying anything, because the prices usually are higher in Switzerland than in some other countries. I saw last Monday that Musixx had a large choice of RR1 (at original prices… 4500 $...too much), and there was this Jackson 30th anniversary at a reduced price. They certainly want to get rid of it, four year is a long time… I immediately registered and sent my order. Funny I didn’t take time to really think about that puchase.
Then during the following days, I was wondering about the number it would be. I hoped a good one, and I got it!
I said that guitar was for Christmas, so I have to wait. It’s hidden upstairs, but I can go check it sometimes… I’ll plug it on an amp after Christmas…
That will help me not to buy another guitar before. Good thing!
say two sky two say fare
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Genebaby wrote:Nice, congratulations on your new baby.
by shramiac » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:19 am

Awesome!
Thanks a lot!
say two sky two say fare
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Still love this guitar, but I think they could have made a better job on the frets/binding: the E-string sometimes gets stuck between the binding and the fret (frets one to five), producing noises
Attachments
image.jpg
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I have had that before too, part of why I don't care for that feature, it's really not needed.

These days I prefer the unbound feel, well I have for a long time. Early on I was into binding and flashy inlays.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That is a tad disappointing. I agree with Vic, it's not something that's needed.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(