Charvel 750XL on Aus Ebay

Talk about your equipment
Genebaby
Site Admin

Charvel 750XL on Aus Ebay

Post by Genebaby »

Guys, a nice red 750XL just popped up on Ebay. I love this colour on these guitars just as much as my cherry sunburst, maybe more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0449928012
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nice but not as nice as the Cherry Burst!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You could always get it refinished, but I would leave it. I love red guitars.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

So I've noticed! Ha ha.
How's the capital today? Freezing I'm guessing? About 27 up here today! But it's overcast!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ha ha, I almost didn't put the blackburst on that Strat Russ made for me, I loved it in the initial red colour. He's making a Star in with the same sort of top and that one I am leaving all red maple.

The capital is cold, but not too bad.

We'll be in Qld in December. Going to Bon Jovi in Brisbane for the night and then the Gold Coast for a bit. I know it will be really hot up there then!
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

I love the reverse sharkfins, those are rare on a regular headstock guitar.
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Reverse sharkfins on a regular headstock do look cool. Sharkfins are cool period!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Careful what you say GB! PETA might come after you for saying that about sharkfins! LOL. The price is steadily rising! Any guesses? $1600 maybe?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's still at a very good price right now. It has a chip and a non-original case so not sure what it will end up at.

I love guitars like these in their original cases. So much so that I bought a Jackson Archtop Pro, which was the Jackson version of the 750XL, with a slimmer body and 3-way toggle, and eventually onsold it as I was told it had the original case and it didn't. I was very disappointed and never bonded with the guitar.

I've only ever sold two guitars, I tend to keep them.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The price is going up but it's still a bargain. I've learnt to say no to extra guitars, and I have other priorities now. The TJ Monster VVV was a different story, I HAD to have that one, ha ha.

There was a time I couldn't say no to a good Charvel or Jackson on Ebay, which is how my collection got out of control.

To put it in perspective, my 750XL cost me $1800 I think in 1993, but it came with EMG's along with the stock pickups and the original Charvel case. It was mint and 4 years old.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Vic,
Ok brother cough it up. Exactly how out of control? :D How many guitars do you have? Count them all including the pending projects. I'll go 1st and say that I currently have 30 guitars.

Your up! :)

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, you win, I'm at 21 I think, which is just too many guitars. I still want more but I don't keep buying them now. I only play a few regulary.

Once, my wife went away for two weeks and I'd bought 4 guitars. Three were for me and I bought her a bass as well to make it look better, which she's never used. She has two basses and two pianos, one old school and one digital.

If I hadn't stopped I don't know where I'd be now, except maybe "Back on the streets"!! :shock:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Vic,
I'm 45 so I'm a little older than most here so I've been collecting longer. I feel just like you in that I definitely don't need anymore but every once in a while something unique comes across when the money is good. Like you, I very seldom sell one of mine.

The sure are special works of art though!

Kev
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

$1225 final bid with 3 seconds to go!!!! I bet the guy who bid $800 at 22 sec was feeling confident! Ha ha. I didn't buy it by the way!
doublev

Post by doublev »

vic, was there a big difference in the 750xl to the 650xl. i actually owned a 650xl very briefly. i am thinking the 750 was a much better guitar?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

They are both great guitars but different. Both where VERY high qaulity Japanese made Charvels built to the same standard as a USA Jackson. Indeed the same factory would begin making the Jackson Pro series, which were Jackson branded duplicates of the USA versions. They had to stop making these high quality Japanese versions as it was literally stealing USA sales.

Anyway, the 650XL is a Soloist, with Alder or Poplar body, maple neck, ebony board with sharkfins etc. The 750XL is essentially an Archtop Soloist with mahogany body, carved maple cap, maple neck, ebony board with sharkfins.

The 750XL also has a Gibson scale lengh, making it a bit like a Les Paul with a Floyd and 24 frets. I now prefer Fender scale length with 46-10 so playing the 750XL I bend the strings too easy so I will have to go to 11's I think on that one.

There are solid colour 750XL's and I have heard they are not maple bodied which is a shame.