do fine tuners mute strings

Talk about your equipment
doublev2

do fine tuners mute strings

Post by doublev2 »

A friend of mine uses a non fine tuning Floyd because he says they mute strings a little bit. What I want to know is if this is b.s or not?
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: do fine tuners mute strings

Post by Genebaby »

They don't mute the strings, the strings are clamped the same on both designs, only one has fine tuners to adjust the pitch after they are locked.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

There is always that tiny amount of vibration on the spring steel plate that the fine tuners screw down onto I guess? Can't see it doing much though!

"T" in the picture,

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(

Post by 1031 »

... no .. the micro tuning is achieved the same way as at the machine heads by tightening or loosening the tension on the string. There is no dampening. While its can be a pain system to set up properly its pretty efficient at what it does, I get a lot of floyed work and can get the set up about as quick as any two pole trem .

Possibly the worst designed trem system is the ones on the Jaguar's, along with the drop pot pole bridge that moves with the trem. Leo and the boys must have been standing to long in the paint booth on that design .
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes, you're right there! The jags have woeful wangbars.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(