Yes im buying more guitars !!

Talk about your equipment
Kisstrooper

Yes im buying more guitars !!

Post by Kisstrooper »

Well its just 2013 and ive already started !!!! can i get some help PLEASE hahahahaha

Picked up this Hohner headless bass ive been after for a while now

And i did a pre order on Thayers LP
http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/F ... ndard.aspx

FULL THROTTLE, Newcastle's Finest Rock Band
shramiac

Re: Yes im buying more guitars !!

Post by shramiac »

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!! :)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
erg2

Post by erg2 »

We drummers sit behind our ONE drum kit and mock your many guitars.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

erg2 wrote:We drummers sit behind our ONE drum kit and mock your many guitars.
Then buy another cymbal, then a 2nd set of hats, then a new cowbell, then a piccolo snare, then a splash cymbal, then a 3rd & 4th tom.......Timbales? Sure why not! :P :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh wait! I'm talking about me when I get to buy a kit one day!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

One day this shall be mine.....

Sadly I won't win the lottery to afford it plus the sound proof room to house it!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's just about fifty too many drums there!!

Tony, way to go on the guitars man, live the dream!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Never enough !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

If it's part of the same kit it all counts as ONE!!
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

erg2 wrote:If it's part of the same kit it all counts as ONE!!

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Keep telling yourself that!!! :P :P :P :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote:That's just about fifty too many drums there!!
True! It really doesn't need the 2 extra octobans on the right hand side! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Tony, which pre-order for Tommy's guitar did you do, the signed version?

I had a look into these, AMS sells them for $699 but don't seem to ship internationally.

TT sells them for $1600 signed, which is a decent markup, but also charges $500 to ship to Australia, that's crazy!

Then there is the stage used and signed package, like Gene and Paul are doing. You could have that when they tour in March, cheaper than Gene and Paul, but still expensive!

Looks like a pretty cool LP though, and a decent price if you're in the US, as it usually is with guitars.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I have 4 drum sets but less drums in total than that one. I set up for rock like bonham with 5 piece.. one mounted yom. I do have a bellson remo set that has two 26 inch bass drums a 13 mounted tom and two 16 inch floor toms.
I tend to only use 4 drums though. You can make many sounds by playing the drum rather than having different sizes but I respect it. I guess a huge set means you can play more diverse things in one set and go nuts on your solo. That said we only have two legs and two arms.
Bye Bye
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

Ooops couple more cheapies i just picked up off my Facebook Buy-Sell-Swap Instrument page
Kramer Vangard and AXL Jacknife, one of these will end up being a Millenium Falcon Star Wars guitar i think,im thinking the black one at this stage the Kramer is too nice a guitar to cut up.

Last edited by Kisstrooper on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

Genebaby wrote:Tony, which pre-order for Tommy's guitar did you do, the signed version?

I had a look into these, AMS sells them for $699 but don't seem to ship internationally.

TT sells them for $1600 signed, which is a decent markup, but also charges $500 to ship to Australia, that's crazy!

Then there is the stage used and signed package, like Gene and Paul are doing. You could have that when they tour in March, cheaper than Gene and Paul, but still expensive!

Looks like a pretty cool LP though, and a decent price if you're in the US, as it usually is with guitars.
Just the stock one Vic, i like the silver case looks awesome.

erg2

Post by erg2 »

I'm just kidding. If I were still physically capable of playing, I'm sure I'd have more than just my electric set. I also had 2 kits at one point. My Slingerland 7 piece with built in mics and my junker kit that I used for crap gigs where I was afraid something might happen to my expensive kit or load-in/load-out was going to be rushed.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

tell me about your Slingerland. I LOVE SLINGERLAND!!!!
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

It was the most beautiful set you've ever seen. I'm not exaggerating. It was purchased new in 1989 by my best friend at a "going out of business" auction. It sat in his bedroom for 2 years and then his closet for 2 more.

7 piece (5 toms, extended bass and snare) plus Zildjian cymbals all around. The shells had this rich, red-ish wood grain. Fiber skin heads that had the thickest, richest sound I've ever heard on a drum. The specific specs escape me on the sizes of the drum shells themselves or the cymbals. All the hardware was fully articulated. The drums has microphones built into each one and the kit had it's own "mini" mixing board that all the cords snaked into. Technically it was considered a jazz kit...which I did play some jazz a few times live with a piano player cat I had a covers group with...but I used the kit for rock/punk.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sounds like a great kit. The built in mics sounds very cool to me, along with the mixer and snake.

A drummer from years back used to use a kit that was considered a "recording" or jazz style kit for rocking out with us. We put microphones on it, it sounded fine and was very handy in venues with limited space for the band.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I forgot to mention it had a matching drum throne to the drum shells. It was hallowed out to carry the mic-cable-snake and clips. The drums also all had hard-shell cases. The cymbals all had a single carrying case.

I kick myself now for ever selling it. Not just because it was such a nice kit, but because it was a Slingerland. However, I was getting married and needed cash for the wedding. I sold it for a ridiculously low price.
(Original price tag was $7,000...my friend got it at auction for $3,000...I bought it from my friend for $1,200 and sold it for $1,200.)
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i want to see pictures of that model. I never heard of it. Meazzi in Italy made something similar with guitar pick ups bult into the shells.
Carmine Apice used Slingerlands in the 80s. were they built in the USA back then?
Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich also used them. I have a 60s Leedy which is a Slingerland in disguise made in Chicago. Best sounding drums I have ever played. The big band jazz drums sound great for Rock in my opinion.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Never been able to find a pic.
This isn't it, but same finish:
http://jazztimes.com/articles/14737-mar ... iece-drums
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies