A Demo

Talk about your equipment
teej

A Demo

Post by teej »

Here is something I did a good few yrs ago for the audition for Tigertailz. I was told nothing flash and nothing fast so I created thisd over a period of 3 nights after work. The final take of the lead part (all one take no drop ins etc as I couldnt be fucked to figure out how to work the damn thing) was done at about 2am and after a joint of inspiration I came up with what it is now. Origional riff from a song I wrote for my daughter.

Danni .. this is wat I couldnt burn to disk ... hope you like .. and sorry for the rather long drum exit .. I just didnt get round to fighting with the damn machine to clip it

Recorded with your TJ monster Vic into a Zoom Mrs 1044 CD (with probs less than a third of the features available used since i am useless with this shit)

Hope you like

http://www.mediafire.com/?gjcqfm87s6qhd2g
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow Teej, that's really good. I had no idea my Monster VVV could do that!!!

Really expressive playing, and the sound/tone is good too. I like it a lot.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
teej

Post by teej »

thats great .. glad you liked it .. :D .. was funny when they said nothig flash or sweeped or arpediated etc .. just something soulfull I was like WTF? Your joking .. i have spent yrs trying to nail VV's style .. anyways ... just shows what you can throw together if the motivation is there .. regretting selling the multi-tracker now as I am in the mood to record and the new Zoom mrs series aint so cheap .. but .. patience will get me one :D

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Trevor I mean this as a total compliment but that is the most musically mature and tasty thing that I've heard you play. I love to listen to players that can shred but what I really enjoy is some one who can shred and play tasty.

Good job bro!

K
teej

Post by teej »

Kev ,, I love you :P .. thanx man .. that is deeply appreciated

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I kept being reminded of the flavor of Vito Bratta's "When The Children Cry" solo while listening to your jam. :D :D :D That's a good thing.

Rick
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

You should look into a daking mic pre one of the small shoe box sized ones. For a d.a.w. now my opinion is the best, and cheapest thing is to go with Logic 8, then get an old mac g5 w/ g5 processors (not the intel) This version of logic runs much more smoothly than Logic 9 on the mac intel platforum, and not buggy. Logic 8 won't run on the intel based macs either. Plus old macs are cheap to replace and buy. If a part goes on just buy another off ebay. You just need at least 4gbs of ram, and a processor speed of over 2.0ghz. I say get an old mac though, and logic 8 for anyone who wants to record pro stuff, and not get into the expensive protools. The monitors, and converter are where it can get expensive. You can get some good recording gear these days w/o breaking the bank though.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Slayer wrote:Trevor I mean this as a total compliment but that is the most musically mature and tasty thing that I've heard you play. I love to listen to players that can shred but what I really enjoy is some one who can shred and play tasty.

Good job bro!

K
Phew! I'm glad you said that first!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Quentin Aaron wrote:You should look into a daking mic pre one of the small shoe box sized ones. For a d.a.w. now my opinion is the best, and cheapest thing is to go with Logic 8, then get an old mac g5 w/ g5 processors (not the intel) This version of logic runs much more smoothly than Logic 9 on the mac intel platforum, and not buggy. Logic 8 won't run on the intel based macs either. Plus old macs are cheap to replace and buy. If a part goes on just buy another off ebay. You just need at least 4gbs of ram, and a processor speed of over 2.0ghz. I say get an old mac though, and logic 8 for anyone who wants to record pro stuff, and not get into the expensive protools. The monitors, and converter are where it can get expensive. You can get some good recording gear these days w/o breaking the bank though.
NERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
teej

Post by teej »

dude your talking a different language .. haha

Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

Sorry I speak in tongues when I get excited :lol: :roll: :wink:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

You better start putting that tongue talent to better use. :wink: Make your lady happy. :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

LOL!!!! Unlike Gene Simmons... I use the tongue!!!!! lol :P

:oops: :lol:
doublev

Post by doublev »

teej in tigertailz would have been pretty funny. I knew the bass player pretty well. Would you have been glammed up? Must not have been any original band members left if they were looking for a guitar player. Got to say I thought that band was very poor. anyone remember the british LA Guns like band called Dogs D'Amour?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I remember Dogs D'Amour from Kerrang, but never got into them. I didn't listen to Tigertailz either, or Pretty Boy Floyd. Listened to VVI though!!!!
teej

Post by teej »

doublev wrote:teej in tigertailz would have been pretty funny. I knew the bass player pretty well. Would you have been glammed up? Must not have been any original band members left if they were looking for a guitar player. Got to say I thought that band was very poor. anyone remember the british LA Guns like band called Dogs D'Amour?
I dunno how it would have worked out .. it was a demo for an offshoot with origional singer and bass player .. Steevie Jaimz or somebody and Ace (LOL) somebody on bass .. and yes i REMEMBER Dogs Da'Mour ... they were a bumch of screaming alchoholics (like I can talk:P) .. how come it never rains was an amazing song :) .. great album .. I bought it on vinol back in the day

doublev

Post by doublev »

I would have loved to see you teej in that band. Image Image
kevin wanted to make vinnie's v guitar. he would have done a great job.
teej

Post by teej »

I disslike hairspray hahaha .. however I have a love of guy liner .. i will not ever wear any other makeup tho :P

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Who's Kevin that wanted to build you a guitar Dino?
doublev

Post by doublev »

kevin is the guy who made Royal Guitars (the ones in the tigertailz photos). he joined the doublev board when i still had it and before vv teamed up with me.

he is a great guitar maker. He wanted to make the vv guitar for me and for vv. I didn't tell vinnie as when i first spoke with him he was excited about tom and AZG/Pear.

The Royal guitar sound fucking amazing and the necks are perfect in my opinion. The best euro made HM guitars in my opinion (thats not too hard however). He uses very high quality wood and really takes his time. Also a great guy.
doublev

Post by doublev »

LAG guitars from France were a euro company that made some good rock guitars. I was told Bob Kulick used a LAG on the Skull record and also the WASP record he played on. Still Kevin's were much better in my opinion
doublev

Post by doublev »

here are some LAG's http://members.home.nl/denisweening/Lag ... allery.htm

Bob Kulick had the V but neck thru. I never really liked them however.
metatron

Re: A Demo

Post by metatron »

teej wrote:Origional riff from a song I wrote for my daughter.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gjcqfm87s6qhd2g
Teej that was killer Man. Reminded me of Goodbye to Romance. Also, Very cool writing it for your daughter. Very catchy melody. Man, would have loved to see you in Tigertailz. Makeup caked on with a spatula, hair teased to an inch of its life.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev

Post by doublev »

this is the band i play with from time to time, not much though http://www.last.fm/music/El+Goodo/_/Tal ... +the+Birds talking to the birds. I don't think its going to be most people's thing.
teej

Post by teej »

not my thing but .. did you record with them or you just filling in ?

doublev

Post by doublev »

teej, can not download that link of yours.

I just fill in and write once or twice. they like the birds a lot.
doublev

Post by doublev »

teej, it worked. shit..great playing. never heard that side of you.
teej

Post by teej »

thanx man .. just done my first proper practise session in 4 months .. shit my fingers hurt haha

anyways glad you all liked .. just wanted to share it with you ... will be good to get some new complete stuff recorded in the next 12 months .. perhaps i can beat VV to releasing an album haha

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

There's an old lady in NY who hasn't even picked up a guitar yet who will most likely beat Vinnie to releasing something!!

I think you'll be fine. :wink:
doublev

Post by doublev »

an old lady in Mongolia too