Post pictures of all your axes together here!!!

Talk about your equipment
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Post pictures of all your axes together here!!!

Post by Genebaby »

Kisstrooper wrote:Some of my other guitars,also have couple of Cort Gene Axes.
Nice Tony. What is the Rhoads guitar?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Washburn I'd say!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

How fun! Nice diverse axes Tony
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

Its a Hurricane Custom i picked up on ebay years ago and its incredible, its been so easy to play and stays in tune, for a cheapie i love it, i did purchase it with the intention of making a Vinnie V but after i started playing it i couldnt bring myself to modding it.

FULL THROTTLE, Newcastle's Finest Rock Band
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool. I love my V shaped guitars but prefer super strats for actual live/band use.
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

Trying out a flashing LED circuit in my smoker, gee its blinding in person.

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/ ... lasher.mp4

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Excellent stuff man, you have all the good shit going on for DTK.
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

Genebaby wrote:Excellent stuff man, you have all the good shit going on for DTK.

All i need is that double V and i can do some gigs in Vinnie makeup, LOL.

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

This is my fleet! Not much but the cause me all kinds of grief!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My "Animalized" quad box!!

Before getting some class and having it powdercoated white!

And what I really think about my guitars!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Nice pix shram...I like your work on the acoustic!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

EXCUSE ME!!!!! That was work on 2 acoustics!!! :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

My apologies.. What was I thinking?! :lol:

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Common mistake! Good news is I got them back in playable condition with that 1/2 roll of packing tape!

And note the el cheapo "Ulysses" neck on my Washburn! A mate bought it and asked me if I wanted to try scallop it! So I did the 12-21 frets with a dremel/die grinder! Worked well! I had to watch the speed with the soft maple but it came out perfect! Pity the neck wouldn't intonate though? It bolted on ok but the scale length was all screwy!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Luv those JEMS and what a great story you've told in the past of how by chance you secured two so similiar
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Pity they were the same colour though! I guess better that having the Shocking Pink one! Wait, I'm on the Vinnie board! PINK IS GREAT!!!! LOL. Waited 8 months to get the one on the left as they forgot to put it on the next boat leaving Japan (Yes, boat! No air freight back in 1990) but I suspect that they had back orders hence the delay? Paid about $1800 from Pro Audio in Vic's hometown of Canberra! Frank Gamble's family still owned the shop back then and I spoke to his brother many times. They had great staff & prices so I used to get all my band's gear from there even though it was about 1300 miles away (as the crow flies)! The second one (with the nice grainy rosewood board) I got at an auction by chance in mid 1993! Got it for $750! Could have got it cheaper if the woman sitting next to me would have shut up!!! After I bid $450 she turned and said "what's it worth?", and I replied, "about $2500". She stopped bidding then but someone I couldn't see started it back up. Probably the auctioneer's friend??? But $750 was a great price still as it was only 18 months old and still had most of the plastic protector over the fingerboard?? Guess the guy who owned it just strummed chords on it?? Bad thing is that he didn't tighten the arm holder (that the bar snaps into) where it screws into the base plate and it shredded the thread in the base plate. Oh well shit happens! The lo pro Edge is the best trem (maybe the best Floyd!!!) they made and I don't know why they don't make it anymore? What's funny is that the older one sounds better but the newer one looks better!

The bit that wasn't tight! If this had the shredded thread I could easily replace but......
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You were bidding on something and told someone else what it was really worth? Are you NUTSO???...lol....

Surely you can replace that. You can replace any part on an Original or Schaller Floyd setup.

Nunzio was great when he ran Pro Audio. One of Frank's own yellow Ibanez's was in the store to buy once.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'd set myself a $1000 limit anyway so it was all cool. She really had no idea about guitars so I felt safe. Also I meant the protective plastic was on the scratchplate not the fingerboard as I stated. D'oh!!! You can pick up a new lo pro on eBay now and then and probably from Ibanez too. I just couldn't be bothered!!! A regular Edge will fit it & would probably be cheaper as they are still used on some Ibi's but meh!!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I was wondering about the plastic on the fingerboard, that makes more sense now.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:Pity they were the same colour though! I guess better that having the Shocking Pink one! Wait, I'm on the Vinnie board! PINK IS GREAT!!!! LOL. Waited 8 months to get the one on the left as they forgot to put it on the next boat leaving Japan (Yes, boat! No air freight back in 1990) but I suspect that they had back orders hence the delay? Paid about $1800 from Pro Audio in Vic's hometown of Canberra! Frank Gamble's family still owned the shop back then and I spoke to his brother many times. They had great staff & prices so I used to get all my band's gear from there even though it was about 1300 miles away (as the crow flies)! The second one (with the nice grainy rosewood board) I got at an auction by chance in mid 1993! Got it for $750! Could have got it cheaper if the woman sitting next to me would have shut up!!! After I bid $450 she turned and said "what's it worth?", and I replied, "about $2500". She stopped bidding then but someone I couldn't see started it back up. Probably the auctioneer's friend??? But $750 was a great price still as it was only 18 months old and still had most of the plastic protector over the fingerboard?? Guess the guy who owned it just strummed chords on it?? Bad thing is that he didn't tighten the arm holder (that the bar snaps into) where it screws into the base plate and it shredded the thread in the base plate. Oh well shit happens! The lo pro Edge is the best trem (maybe the best Floyd!!!) they made and I don't know why they don't make it anymore? What's funny is that the older one sounds better but the newer one looks better!

The bit that wasn't tight! If this had the shredded thread I could easily replace but......

You know I really like the EDGE tremelo's too. I have never had any issues with mine but I know TJ prefers the Floyd Rose's and feels that the knife edges wear out faster on the Ibanez Bridges. If some one plays them a lot over the years they are going to need to be filed sharp anyway but apparently the German Steel is more durable.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

German steel is STRONGER !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Slayer wrote:You know I really like the EDGE tremelo's too. I have never had any issues with mine but I know TJ prefers the Floyd Rose's and feels that the knife edges wear out faster on the Ibanez Bridges. If some one plays them a lot over the years they are going to need to be filed sharp anyway but apparently the German Steel is more durable.
After just over 20 years, my knife edges are still perfect! And Ibanez knife edges are replaceable too! Can't say that for the Cosmo Chrome though!!!! :( :( :( Damn acid sweat!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I was just discussing the Cosmo finish with my guitar guy an hour ago. For his new line of guitars he has Schaller coat them in a special finish I can't remember the name of. Only he has it so it may as well be Unobtainium. Costs him a bit but it's what he wanted.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Unobtainium! You John Travolta fan you!!!! What a piss poor movie that Battlefield Earth is! I love bad movies but this was just pure crappola!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Isn't Unobtainium from Avatar?

I agree with you on Battlefield Earth Shram... Krap film!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:Isn't Unobtainium from Avatar?
Oh my bad! I refused to see that "blueman group" movie! They looked 10 times less real than Jar Jar to me!!
n3p

Post by n3p »

Not all, but some!

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice Nick!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Cool.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

n3p wrote:Not all, but some!

I have a Charvel 375 just like yours :-)
n3p

Post by n3p »

If it's the one I think you mean, then that's a Charvel Fusion :D. Post some more of yours up, preferably with you in the pics ;)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

No no no! Uncle Kev's always naked!!! :P
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

The Silver / Gold one to the far right
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

How are those two 90's Charvels? As good as the older ones? Nice grain on the red one.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The red and blue Charvels are Made In Japan models, which came after the Made In USA San Dimas line of the mid 90's, of which I have a Koa one and it's fantastic.

I haven't played the ones that Kev has but they are meant to be great guitars. They are not like the originals, which was a sticking point upon release, as they feature Jackson Dinky bodies with 24 frets.

They are just great guitars, I love my KOA one and now people appreciate them more, not just as Charvels but as great playing and sounding guitars.

Kev's silver flake Charvel is indeed a 375, the Fusion models had 24 frets and a lower bout cutout on the body.
VVV

Post by VVV »

Crap. I haven't taken a group shot in 5 years? Maybe more. Could be time now that the weather is good.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ooh, looking forward to it Drew!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Sounds good. :D :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:How are those two 90's Charvels? As good as the older ones? Nice grain on the red one.
Andrew,
I'm kind is fussy about the headstock of my guitars and truthfully I'm not a big fan of the way the Nut Sack Headstock of the 90's Charvels look. That's just my opinion because functionally they are fine and the feeling is just cosmetic. I have the blue one with the active pick ups in my bedroom right now as I'm trying to motivate myself to play because for whatever reason my interest in playing has not been great over the last year or two. My feeling is that both the blue and the red quilt are very nice guitars but they would both benefit from a trip to the luthier for a fret level and dressing at this time. I'm certain that if I were to do that I would appreciate them even more. The silver/ gold metal flake one (375?) should have a trip to the doctor too as there is some semi dead spots too on its neck. One of these days I think that I will swap the pick ups out of this one because they are a little tame for my taste and this guitar looks too hot in my opinion for tame pick ups. Maybe if it was a Maple Strat but not this bad boy. LOL :-)

The 3 Jacksons are all dialed in and are "Hotter than Hell"

PS - The Yellow / Orange Burst San Dimas is one of my absolute favorite guitars and an amazing player
Last edited by Slayer on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

VVV wrote:Crap. I haven't taken a group shot in 5 years? Maybe more. Could be time now that the weather is good.

That waterfall picture that you took made me harder than Chinese Algebra
VVV

Re:

Post by VVV »

Sandimas wrote:It's a MIJ Greco from the 80's, probably the most authentic and well made V copies that come in Schenker Black & White like that. The ESP and Tokai versions which you can currently get are not as good.
I have one of those. It's as light as a feather right??
VVV

Post by VVV »

Slayer wrote:
VVV wrote:Crap. I haven't taken a group shot in 5 years? Maybe more. Could be time now that the weather is good.

That waterfall picture that you took made me harder than Chinese Algebra
Ha! I bought some new guitar stands for a new pic. I sold a few from that pic but I netted another 10 since then. There were a few that were never put in a group setting (Batio's Dean double prototype for the Mach VII), a AF LP signed by Les. I have another one inbound from Impellitteri so I'll hold off until it arrives. Hopefully soon!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Drew,
Did you ever set yourself up a good hanging system or are you keeping the toys in their cases?

By slayer1riverside at 2012-03-21

VVV

Post by VVV »

Slayer wrote:Drew,
Did you ever set yourself up a good hanging system or are you keeping the toys in their cases?

Cases only = no dust, sunlight, hands... plus there's the potential to damage the finish over long perios of time in those.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

VVV wrote: Cases only = no dust, sunlight, hands... plus there's the potential to damage the finish over long perios of time in those.

Got to agree with that!
n3p

Post by n3p »

Excellent collection Uncle Kev! That jackson you have looks a lot like mine, although I'm sure it's a lot better as mine is just a 90s Pro-model (I liked the reverse headstock!). Will have to take some more pics if I ever get them all together at once, her indoors isn't very understanding anymore when I buy new guitars, so to avoid any hassle I keep some at a friends house ;) Superstrats I can get away with though, as they all look the same to her ;)

Vic, very informative - Mr. Charvel!

Shram, are those yellow JEMS super rare? My friend is a bit of a JEM nut and has one of those, saying it's the nicest and rarest in his collection. Although, he also has a GMC swirl and a bright pink one. Eitherway, 2 is just decadent - you don't need 2 so you're cool with gifting me the other, right? :lol:

Nick
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

The green one and the Jem 7 are the rarest (other than the two hideous anniversary models from two years back as part of a design competition). The Jem 7 was based on Steve's original GEM guitars made from Performance guitar parts by him and Joe Despagni in 86' after most of his guitars were stolen a couple of weeks before the first Roth tour. It was a slightly cheaper model with a different "monkey grip", even though it pretty much had the same specs.

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/Category:JEM_models

There was also a Black Jem 7 with the same big monkey grip and white disappearing pyramid inlays that Jemwiki overlooked. Though my two only had a four year run, I couldn't say if they were that rare. I hope not as one is beat up and both have rusted to the max Edge Wang bars on them!!!!

Just side note, the Guitar World that Steve described all his Performance Gems was the March 87 issue which also featured a certain Vinnie Vincent!!!!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Ibanez 550 I've had since 1989 when I went thru my Paul Gilbert phase (quickly reverted back to playing to my old KISS albums once I learned I'd never play like him.) :P I love the locking system but damn changing a string can be such a pain in the ass sometimes. But the thing practically plays itself!

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Dang! You got the Kulick swirl happening on that old girl!!!! It was desert sun yellow originally I presume?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Right on Shram !!!! I was just gonna say that. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS