Post Pictures of Your Fender Axes Here! :o)

Talk about your equipment
poserboy71

Re: Post Pictures of Your Fender Axes Here! :o)

Post by poserboy71 »

The perfect pickguard for it as well.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice work Frederico!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Yes Sir Grand Massa Poon, fully scalloped 1 piece hard rock maple neck !
Thank you very much Uncle Kev. Cardinal Red to be exact , nitrocellulose lacquer.
It really needed to be properly buffed out, unfortunately I do not own a electric buffing wheel.
1st attempt for me with the nitrocellulose (spray cans).
Kev, I agree with your assessment of the synchronized trem, I am not a huge fan.
Fortunately, I don't view this particular guitar as a big trem guitar. I have Floyd's on everything else.
BTW I purchased a pre loaded Seymour Duncan,YJM Fury pickguard (wired) and changed the pickguard
out to the gold mirror. I like it much better than the white on red.
Last edited by FREDDYB3 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Thank you Vic, my 1st "build" lol
Kev and all the guys here have so many great guitars... thanks everyone for sharing all the great pics.
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

just as an fyi.... I still have the original Kramer 300st neck and loaded pickguard (wired) if anyone is interested in having them for parts or any other purpose.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Vinnie or Brad Gillis might be interested in the NFT Floyd! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Well Shram, I have 2..... can you set up a meeting for me ? ;-)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Brad gillis buys as many as he can find.
Freddy. .. great work. How is the floyd? Any benefits to having no fine tuners?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ed roman said brad uses the non fine tuners because he grabs the trem with his hand whatever that means?
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Probably he grabbed it from the back where the tuners would be, which would not be a good thing on the newer model.

He would have developed this technique playing around with the early unit, enjoying the tuning stability, once locked down and in tune. Too much of a nightmare for me with no fine tuners.
ankh

Post by ankh »

not completely fender like, a bit bent out of shape :lol: , so to speak, but this is what i 've found in a flea market a couple of months ago in mint condition,sperzel locking tuners and original custom sahped case:

nice sustain and great playability, the strings are so easy to bend.Contrary to the other one(the mg 510,red color) i've left the original pickups and the guitar really plays great.Same for the MIDI section even if the trackking is not so fast.

The guitar has been made in the fuji gen gakki factory in japan
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

What did it cost at a flea market? You don't see something like this guitar very often :-)
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Dino,

I haven't used either of the non fine tuning Floyd's on a guitar yet. The red "strat" that I put together
has a Fender synchronized trem on it. I am in agreement with Slayer, I am not real found of it.
The original Kramer guitar, that it started as, had the original Floyd on it. Hope that is clear enough.
ankh

Post by ankh »

Slayer wrote:What did it cost at a flea market? You don't see something like this guitar very often :-)

the seller wanted 250 euros(330 US dollars) for it...........but i got it for 180(230 dollars).

it wasn't cheap but i got hooked onthe look and also i knew it is a quality guitar,plus the tuning machines already were worth almost half of the price and there's the original case with the casio logo on it.To get the same guitar used here, full funcitonal, you have to spend around 450 euros.

it is not the best deal i've done on the flea market,i've done some great deals in the past(1967 Fender bassman head[33 dollars], echorec Binson and echorec mixer for 200 dollars,but i liked the guitar,so..........
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Way to go Anhk!

Or we will call this one Merry Christmas to you :-)
erg2

Post by erg2 »

My boy has been taking guitar lessons for about a year and a half now. This Christmas Santa brought him his first guitar and amp. A Fender Starcaster and mini-amp. It's sold as a starter set, everything for under $180 with shipping. If he sticks with it, in a couple of years I'll get him something nicer.
erg3Fender.jpg
(note: face blurred in pic by me prior to upload)
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Totally cool!
I hope that he likes it and sticks with playing guitar unless of course he gets interested in Dad's Drums?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Looks nice for the money, how does it play?
erg2

Post by erg2 »

As a drummer I can wholeheartedly say it plays like an electric guitar. I can dickle around on a guitar a teeny-tiny bit to almost make it sound like I once took a lesson. I will say this; for as little as I paid for a "brand new guitar with amp included", it sounds pretty not bad, holds tune not bad even with the wammy bar and from my total newb perspective "feels" pretty nice.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool, now to see if he takes to it.
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Hell erg2 ..... that Starcaster kicks the crap outta my 1st electric guitar ...
a Global Les Paul copy... Best wishes to your son !
ankh

Post by ankh »

Slayer wrote:Way to go Anhk!

Or we will call this one Merry Christmas to you :-)

thanks a lot,merry Christmas to you too!

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I had some time today so I spend some of the time swapping out some parts on this Mexican Fender Strat that I've had for years. Now I love Strat's especially modded Strat's. What I don't dig is the Standard Strat that this guitar started its life as. This was once a dime a dozen black guitar, maple neck, white accessaries with silver hardware and a synchronized trem. Over the course of time it has been outfitted in gold, gone under the knife to accomodate a licensed floyd rose trem and had the neck scalloped. I'm digging this guitar now that it is uniquely outfitted. Sorry about the low resolution phone picture but the pickguard and back plate are gold too. At Warmoth you can custom design your pickguards and this one is odd in that it is cut for a Floyd Rose but still has S.S.S. in relation to the pick up cuts

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Very nice Kev! Gotta love a Floyded Strat!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Mmmmmmmm scallops!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Love Floyd's in general once they are in balance which can be pesky some times :-)
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

This is the current project that I'm working on and this will be the typical heavy mod when finished. Here we have a typical Fat Strat Set Up with an Yngwie neck added with a locking nut. This will be outfitted with a red tint mirror pick guard and all chrome knobs and covers. The only thing that would make this better to me is if I had been able to find a left handed Yngwie Neck. (Reverse Head Stock) Should have this done in 2 or 3 weeks

This the same guitar next to the Strat from a few weeks ago

I have have some scalloped guitar necks but none of them are as deeply scalloped as this Yngwie Neck

Man do I HATE the standard white pick guards and knobs on Strats
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Looking good Kev. Can't wait to see it finished off.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

:D 8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Still looking for the right chrome humbucker cover but this is basically the way that I want it. Boy Yngwie would want to vomit over over this desecration of his signature model. But to me ................

Sychronized trems suck
Brass nuts don't work well with a locking tremelo
I like a humbucker by the bridge
I HATE white hardware on a Strat

Basically only the neck and the body remain and both of these are modified too

Post by 1031 »

Sweet Kev .. strat's are killer ..
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
ankh

Post by ankh »

kudos to you,Kev,i like both of them very much!:).I'm sure they will have a great sound.Great cghoices for the pickguards as well, would love to hear them sing:)And they look great!For sure more interesting the the planin ones and, even cooler thna the yngwie model.

One question,did you try to use the tremol-no?

I did put the trem setter in one of my guitars,tricky to set it up but worked great.I think the tremol no it is easoer to fit in and work great as well.I also did install a switch tha t added three more sound s as well,very easy mod, it gives you a sort of tele sound plus all the pickups in parallel.With the humbucker you have even more possibilities.

Please update us!

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

1031 wrote:Sweet Kev .. strat's are killer ..
Did you ever sell the yellow one that you picked up a couple of months ago? I think that you were initially intrigued and then you were not digging it. Did you bounce the yellow strat for your new Carvin?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

ankh wrote:kudos to you,Kev,i like both of them very much!:).I'm sure they will have a great sound.Great cghoices for the pickguards as well, would love to hear them sing:)And they look great!For sure more interesting the the planin ones and, even cooler thna the yngwie model.

One question,did you try to use the tremol-no?

I did put the trem setter in one of my guitars,tricky to set it up but worked great.I think the tremol no it is easoer to fit in and work great as well.I also did install a switch tha t added three more sound s as well,very easy mod, it gives you a sort of tele sound plus all the pickups in parallel.With the humbucker you have even more possibilities.

Please update us!
Hi Ankh,
I have never tried a tremelo-no and know very little about them. I did swap one clone that I have out with a Trem King which is different and I'm glad that I have one but one is enough. I'm OK with Kahlers but prefer Floyd Style Bridges on this type of guitar. On the Trem King I mangle routed the back cavity to accomodate the Trem King. Thankfully, my router art is all concealed by the back cavity cover LOL :-) The more recent ones I taken to a luthier who has a routing template as well as vastly superior routing skills to me. :-) Playing with these guitars is tons of fun though and I do the hardware that I can and leave the heavy lifting to a professional like 1031 :-) This is an old picture and this one now has gold rolling string trees on it as well. I'm real fussy about head stocks but I like this one as it is shaped like an Ibanez. This was a $50 Indonesian Guitar that now has about $500 worth of love jizzed all over it and plays like an expensive dream guitar now.

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

22 fret Yngwie?????
ankh

Post by ankh »

http://www.tremol-no.com/faq.asp
like the tem setter it is designed to avoid the guitar going out of tune when a string breaks,or when you play doublestops.The treme setter is based ona spring principle and it is not easy to setup, the termolo can also block the bridge in case you want to have a feeling similar to an hardtail guit.
I like the Palmer guitar,looks so nice:).An you should have seen some of the disasters i've done on some guitars of mine.............one is still lyng around unfinished and it really needs a pickguard to hide all the mistakes em and a friend have done..
It is wonderful to spend time on a guitar and make it your own and especially if afterewards it can held its own against other brand name guitars.Kudos to you again!

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:22 fret Yngwie?????
I thought that was interesting too as he is known for 21 frets isn't he?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

ankh wrote:http://www.tremol-no.com/faq.asp
like the tem setter it is designed to avoid the guitar going out of tune when a string breaks,or when you play doublestops.The treme setter is based ona spring principle and it is not easy to setup, the termolo can also block the bridge in case you want to have a feeling similar to an hardtail guit.
I like the Palmer guitar,looks so nice:).An you should have seen some of the disasters i've done on some guitars of mine.............one is still lyng around unfinished and it really needs a pickguard to hide all the mistakes em and a friend have done..
It is wonderful to spend time on a guitar and make it your own and especially if afterewards it can held its own against other brand name guitars.Kudos to you again!
Thank you Ankh and I will read the article on Trem Setter
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Slayer wrote:
shramiac wrote:22 fret Yngwie?????
I thought that was interesting too as he is known for 21 frets isn't he?
Think it may be a "Chender", Kev? As far as I know (which is little), the only non 21 fret Malmsteen is a 24 fret version made for him! Don't understand why he doesn't use it either?

[youtube][/youtube]

Whether you like him or not, YJM's hands ALWAYS look so relaxed!
ankh

Post by ankh »

there's an age old debate to where the neck pickup should be placed.For many purists, if you put 24 frets, then the pickup will not pick the right harmonic node,others disagree about it.Plus ,in case you use a fender scale and want to keep that,you have to cram the frets so close together that it wil make it harder to fret the notes.Probably,being a purist, he prefers a traditional fender set up

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

The neck is entirely possible that it is a Chender after this further discussion and really the body too for that matter. I forgot about the 21 frets until you brought it up. I have played 3 or 4 Malmsteen Guitars over the last decade or so and I can tell you that the scalloping is the same. Creepy deep feeling so whoever did this did a fine job at duplicating the cuts and the neck finish. The other scalloped necks that I have are no where near as deep as a Malmsteen Strat. Either way it has turned out in the end to be a fine guitar. :-)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Slayer wrote:Either way it has turned out in the end to be a fine guitar. :-)
Which is what matters in the end! Just as long as you didn't pay through the nose for it when you bought it! Sometimes just a pickup change can bring a massive transformation.

Been mulling about getting a Chender Yngwie....they're on aliexpress.com for $200-$250 delivered!

My luthier loves the English guitar brand, Burns. He priced the parts to build a copy for himself and it was cheaper to get the Chinese made model (official build not a copy) and tweak it himself!!!! He said the build and the paint is perfect and he had to do little to it!

Think this is the model,

http://www.burnsguitars.com/marquee.php
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:
Slayer wrote:Either way it has turned out in the end to be a fine guitar. :-)
Which is what matters in the end! Just as long as you didn't pay through the nose for it when you bought it! Sometimes just a pickup change can bring a massive transformation.

Been mulling about getting a Chender Yngwie....they're on aliexpress.com for $200-$250 delivered!

My luthier loves the English guitar brand, Burns. He priced the parts to build a copy for himself and it was cheaper to get the Chinese made model (official build not a copy) and tweak it himself!!!! He said the build and the paint is perfect and he had to do little to it!

Think this is the model,

http://www.burnsguitars.com/marquee.php
Good for him you know whatever makes him rock hard LOL. I'm not a Burns fan as that headstock looks like a screwdriver. :-) I have about $500 Total in that Yngwie Strat Project over time. If you are cool with putting a few hundred dollars in the guitar from aliexpress.com in the end you may like it it Andrew. The things that I do are certainly not for everybody but I just think that it is fun and I have a blast doing it. I can't brag that they are money makers as I don't sell any of them. The only thing that I can really say is that they are dialed in to Kev Taste :-)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Exactly! :D
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Slayer wrote:This is the current project that I'm working on and this will be the typical heavy mod when finished. Here we have a typical Fat Strat Set Up with an Yngwie neck added with a locking nut. This will be outfitted with a red tint mirror pick guard and all chrome knobs and covers. The only thing that would make this better to me is if I had been able to find a left handed Yngwie Neck. (Reverse Head Stock) Should have this done in 2 or 3 weeks

This the same guitar next to the Strat from a few weeks ago

I have have some scalloped guitar necks but none of them are as deeply scalloped as this Yngwie Neck

Man do I HATE the standard white pick guards and knobs on Strats

Great job on these mods Kev ! I love these 2 pieces in your great collection :mrgreen:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Thank you Fredmeister! Did you see the pic with the new Red Mirror Pick Guard? I think add really dialed it up on top of yellow.
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Slayer wrote:Thank you Fredmeister! Did you see the pic with the new Red Mirror Pick Guard? I think add really dialed it up on top of yellow.
Yes I sure did, it added a nice cherry on top ! :D
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Like some of you, I can't help buying guitars sometimes... I bought this one a few weeks ago. I thought you might enjoy the color...
Attachments
jaguar.jpg
say two sky two say fare
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

All kinds of AWESOME right there !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

love these. great scalloped neck kev!!
Bye Bye