gibson kessel

Talk about your equipment
doublev2

gibson kessel

Post by doublev2 »

I had one just like this that I sold a couple years ago. My friend who is making his first semi acoustic is making a copy for cost . I have the darkest dark chocolate black American walnut for front back sides and neck, black ebony for board and to real fuck it up for most people I am having a fender Coronado style headstock with original.turquoise wildwood veneer . So basically all dark brown with cream binding , ebony board and then out of nowhere a vivid turquoise stained headstock. Hehe . I custom.designed my 2 pickups to be two.extremes .

Let you know when its done.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

gibson kessel

Post by Genebaby »

Nice Dino, that's a lot of guitar. Should be great when it's done.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Re: gibson kessel

Post by doublev2 »

Most people tell me to.get a maple neck instead of walnut as walnut can sound too dark and needs the maple to balance it kind of like adding milk to black coffee but i don't agree. I would love to use tasmanian Blackwood but my friend will only use American woods apart from fingerboard. I think American Blackwood exists but no idea of the sound.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

My friend says hickory is an amazing neck wood and so strong you don't need a truss rod
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dino, Now that's a cool guitar.

Check out the Johnny A. signature Gibson.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... ith-bigsby

[youtube][/youtube]
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

its pretty much the kessel. I didn't know about it.
My Kessel paid of my credit card debt a few years ago. It had PAF's in it which is not as valuable as the CC's I believe. Barney himself never liked it and was pretty mean about it enough to get Gibson mad. He had a Kay Kessel series as well that he didn't use or like but I believe it was a cheap model sold through Sears and Bambergers .
Bye Bye