TTM Guitars

Talk about your equipment
Trixxy

TTM Guitars

Post by Trixxy »

has anyone ever owned a TTM Guitar? im reading some really mixed reviews so i wanted to know if they are decent guitars or just plain shitty. i might get a TTM Devastator
Slayer

Re: TTM Guitars

Post by Slayer »

I have a limited edition TTM Yellow Strat that is an incredibly well made solid guitar. The one that I have was made in Palm Springs California. If I came across another TTM that caught my eye I would buy another absolutely if it was priced right.

Kev
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Look like they are all Chinese made! You get what you pay for!

Better to spend wisely and give your hard earned dosh to TJ!

My opinion anyway! :)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

TTM Guitars

Post by Genebaby »

I think Dannii has one.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote:Look like they are all Chinese made! You get what you pay for!

Better to spend wisely and give your hard earned dosh to TJ!

My opinion anyway! :)
My opinion as well. :D :D :D :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Guys,
It's a fact that there are some mixed reviews out there depending on which model that you buy. Fact is that there are some mixed reviews on Jacksons, Charvels, Gibsons, Esp's, Fenders etc. The one that I have is a yellow SSS vintage Strat type that is truly solid. I'll try to post some pictures this weekend. With any guitar the best scenario is to play it first if you can before buying. If Trixxy is looking to buy a TTM off ebay or ioffer then it would be wise to be cautious. If their is a TTM local to him and he can pick it up and play it, likes it and it's priced to his liking go for it. Understand that I have many guitars and I especially like Strats and though I can't speak for anybody else the TTM that I have is an absolutely GREAT Guitar! I would be interested in Dan's point of view if Vic is correct and he has one. The one that I have was made in Palm Dessert not to far from where I live.

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ah, that's the difference. Dan's TTM is a chinese knock off. I didn't even know they were made in the USA and were copied, to me TTM was a chinese brand guitar.

Yours would be killer indeed Kev!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Looks like buying a custom one new has been rough for some people.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yer, they are pretty good for a guitar that $250-$300 (that's including postage).
Go two Devastator. A pink magenta one & a red one. The pink one I got about a year later. Much better build.
Check out

www.alibaba.com/

www.aliexpress.com/

Free postage.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Oh yes! I'm sure you would receive a guitar just like this one!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/46 ... alers.html

Or this one! WTF??????

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm-im ... alers.html

I've a friend who actually bought one of these!

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/4041 ... uitar.html

Nasty stuff! Frets all over the shop, sharp edges, fret smashed into the board splintering the notch! Nasty, nasty, nasty! He swapped it for a motorbike a week after getting it!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Lots of bad feedback!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, looking into this further, as I was wondering about the existance of a US Made TTM guitar and the Chinese ones we know about.

Turns out there is no USA Shop, that is just a lie and a lot of people have been screwed over. Just a couple of threads for reference.

http://www.guitarsite.com/hotlicks/about4810.html

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standa ... ience.html

Seems its a gamble on how playable your guitar is IF you recieve it. The trick seems to be to not order a custom guitar, then you should recieve something, but how well it was made is anybody's guess.

For the price you can see that this might happen.

It's also bad when they adverstise copies of Jacksons and Ibanez's with cases and you don't get a case and a guitar that doesn't play well.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I have this same guitar except mine is number 3 of 25. I swapped out the pickup covers and knobs so that everthing on mine is chrome. I love the guitar! :-)

http://www.guitar-museum.com/item.php?ID=7952

http://www.ttmsupershop.nl/about%20us.htm
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

metatron wrote:Yer, they are pretty good for a guitar that $250-$300 (that's including postage).
Go two Devastator. A pink magenta one & a red one. The pink one I got about a year later. Much better build.
Check out

http://www.alibaba.com/

http://www.aliexpress.com/

Free postage.
Dannii,
How many guitars do you have these days? :-)

Kev
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, I know a lot more about TTM guitars now as I saw a guy in a Poison tribute show playing one.

Check out the video below. I was thinking, why is this guy playing this guitar, and I still don't know the origin of his one though.

So I investigated further and discovered that TTM started out, and still is, a small guitar company, sort of as a joke, because TTM stands for Taller Than Midgets.

They are one of many brands illegally copied in China and even got sued (and won) by Slayer.

Your guitar would be one of the good ones Kevin. They made some in the USA, but also outsourced their own production overseas, but are also bootlegged over there.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

TTT just showed up as an ad in my Facebook, about franchise opportunities. This is the link.

https://www.ttmguitarsusa.com/franchises
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Book marked that and thank you Vic
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No worries Kev, my pleasure.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yikes. They need a proof reader.
Although I recognize a handful of the people who have their guitars, photos of those people playing the instrument with their name and band name next to the photo is important. You can't really tell they are TTM guitars in any of the photos.

Not sure I would invest in a compzny that can't properly advertise their wares.

Uncle Kev, isn't advertising a big part of your profession?
What do you think of their page ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:22 pm Uncle Kev, isn't advertising a big part of your profession?
It is not best website or advertising that I have ever seen. You have some great points.............

I'm not in advertising rather sales consultation. Matching repeat customers with the right item to drive their desired successes. There are all kinds of customers and all kinds of different customer "Hot Buttons" (Motivating Factors that drive them to buy or not buy)

There are different methods to drive repeat sales by ideally offering fair pricing for the buyer but also the seller who is in business to make a profit. If a customer has a price hot button for a certain item if you go ridiculously low on price to make them happy on the key item you will need to make money on other items to balance out the give away item. It is always best to pray that you can be fair with your customers but be fair to yourself and your company too. In summary the goal is to find the sweet spot for everyone buyer and seller

I have been blessed to find that if you take good care of your customers they will also take care of you...............
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Slayer wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:20 pm
poserboy71 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:22 pm Uncle Kev, isn't advertising a big part of your profession?
I have been blessed to find that if you take good care of your customers they will also take care of you...............
I've found that to be true until someone offers a knockoff product for cheaper! Even if it's not as good!

Didn't TTM run into some problems with advertising about players being endorsers just because they were photographed playing one, even if they didn't actually own one? They were just guesting onstage with another band. Quality issues too?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

TTM's biggest problem is Chinese knock offs. Other companies get copied but TTM is so small you probably don't know what a real one is like, so might think they suck because of a copy.

The endorser pics are pretty terrible.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Not to talk politics but I hope that TRUMP can successfully make a viable agreement with China that eliminates their rampant stealing and copyright infringements are well as the trade imbalances

I have seen how Gibson and Ibanez have been really abused. This country is offering JEMS and Les Pauls for $200 that are the low quality that you would expect for those prices while fraudulently putting the major manufacturer names on head stocks of these slabs of wood
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm no expert, but I'm not sure if all those people would honour an agreement, but we'll see when we get there.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Guy on YT called China Guitar Sceptic does reviews on the TradeTang/DHGate stuff. He made a point but was stressing he wasn't making a point, lol, that the Chibsons share the same hardware as Epiphones but aren't made in the same factories. I've always had the suspicion they are made by the same companies.
No doubt Gibson do factory tours of "their" facilities in China to do quality checks, etc...but hey!, it's China! Who the eff knows which factories they might outsource to without Gibson's knowledge?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:21 am Guy on YT called China Guitar Sceptic does reviews on the TradeTang/DHGate stuff. He made a point but was stressing he wasn't making a point, lol, that the Chibsons share the same hardware as Epiphones but aren't made in the same factories. I've always had the suspicion they are made by the same companies.
No doubt Gibson do factory tours of "their" facilities in China to do quality checks, etc...but hey!, it's China! Who the eff knows which factories they might outsource to without Gibson's knowledge?
Quite Disturbing
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You're "Blackmore" style TTM looks pretty good, Kev.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

If you get that bad boy in the sun it is a pearlized yellow. I hate those vintage trems but if I don't touch it this plays and sounds great
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The Chinese thing was brought up in a recent thread we had a big disagreement in.
President Trump will undoubtedly force their hands.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:38 am The Chinese thing was brought up in a recent thread we had a big disagreement in.
President Trump will undoubtedly force their hands.
Lets see, the stock market sure took a dump today