reflex pick ups

Talk about your equipment
doublev2

reflex pick ups

Post by doublev2 »

Some jacksons came with reflex pick ups from the UK. Anyone know anything ? Anyone famous use them?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Re: reflex pick ups

Post by doublev2 »

I remember reading the Jackson bought the reflex company after hearing them installed in a customers guitar that was being service or something... I could have mixed this story up however
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

reflex pick ups

Post by Genebaby »

I had them in a guitar I had for a short time. One of two guitars I actually sold.

I remember good things, like nice articulation.

Another pickup of yesteryear is Ultrasonic. I have a set of those in HSS from my Model 6 project.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You actually sold two guitars!!!!! :P :P :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, the only two I didn't bond with. The Reflex guitar was actually a very nice Jackson Soloist Archtop Pro, pretty much like my 750XL, but the Ebay auction stated original case and it was not so I didn't like the guitar as a package and moved it on. Probably should have kept it. I'd have found a case by now.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Looks like reflex pick ups are made by the same guy who makes pick ups for uli Jon roths sky guitar.
Two sets of nos Jackson stock on eBay now.
Bye Bye