doublev2

Re: checkmate g300

Post by doublev2 »

Haha. Obscure junky guitar
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:Any thoughts ?
one word....BROWN :D
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

most look like this Image
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Now THAT'S cool grain!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It looks as if someone frosted a cake on the back of that guitar.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS

Post by 1031 »

Teisco made, most had very nice veneer over crap wood.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Haha . They bought a lot of the wildwood from fender. Funny thing is how much more could good wood cost? The g300 however has decent wood but weird as hell.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I believe Stuart Spector also bought the wildwood veneers from fender .
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

doublev2 wrote:Haha . They bought a lot of the wildwood from fender. Funny thing is how much more could good wood cost? The g300 however has decent wood but weird as hell.

Crap wood as in press and ply board.. then veneered over.... its not like they used spruce on the top and maple sides, and red wood back.
I dont know about the fender wood sales to Tesico , fender was not even in japan before 1977 when Kawai killed tesico and all guitar production and focused on electronics. And since Fender felt Japan produced guitars was a problem for them, and didn't start production at the Greco factory till mid late 82 I dont see it.

Tesico made low budget guitars that was there biz.. its not a good or bad thing . One of the guys in my band had me refurbish his Electra The guitar is made of plywood and veneer with paint. He loves the guitar and it sound not that bad. The fact is he likes it so thats all that matters. The G300's were weird guitars it was like they were testing the exotic wood look. In a lot of ways they pioneered this look and way of manufacturing and fantastic look for cheap.

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

To be honest I get so bored with spruce top and rosewood back and sides. Different wood including ply gives different sound. The fender Coronado wildwoods has a veneer but the Kingman wildwood had solid beach back and sides and that sounds different and to me much better than traditional maple/Brazilian rosewood/ mahogany etc. In jazz it particularly bores me that he guitars all need to be the same. I do love those new cc pickups though.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

doublev2 wrote:To be honest I get so bored with spruce top and rosewood back and sides. Different wood including ply gives different sound. The fender Coronado wildwoods has a veneer but the Kingman wildwood had solid beach back and sides and that sounds different and to me much better than traditional maple/Brazilian rosewood/ mahogany etc. In jazz it particularly bores me that he guitars all need to be the same. I do love those new cc pickups though.
Agreed, working on guitars has put a light on different construction and wood combinations. Some of the guitars that traditionally should sound great have left a lot to be desired, and others that make no sense sound very cool and different. But there is a point where economic design and cheap construction materials fail to produce anything interesting tone wise.