the guitars in my Vinnie corner

Talk about your equipment
mp5999

the guitars in my Vinnie corner

Post by mp5999 »

heres a pic of my VV corner (with any luck I will soon have an AZG VV to hang also (fingers crossed)). The one on the far right is #2 of 30 of the recently released "1st 5 " Rhoads V's. If you check out this ebay auction 400134311237 you will see a video of a Jackson employee discussing its relevance to Vinnie (even though the guy seems to have a dickish attitude about VV). The gold flake on this thing is unbelievable- like a bass boat my grandparents had back in the 70's.
Sorry my pic is so crappy, I am the only guy you will find who can spend a grand on a camera and still take worse pics then an iphone camera!

I think you can click on it to enlarge the size.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Nice, I wasn't successful at enlarging the picture and the image hosting site sent my anti-virus haywire.

Is that the Double V that TJ Monster made you? That collection looks pretty nice to me!

Thanks for sharing

Kev
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

AWESOME !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Here are some off the wall creations that I have put together over the last couple of years.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE JOE DESPAGNI-INSPIRED FLAME GUITAR.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Gracias Brother! I need to get this to my luthier Mark Dickerson of Wild West Guitars and get it fine tuned and adjusted beyond my capabilities. I'm just waiting for the finances to improve a bit. If your a project guy that likes to put guitars together shoot me a PM and I'll let you know where you can get a flame body or other custom bodies that fit Ibanez Parts.

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Clint, that is a cool collection of guitars there. Tell us more about the VVV model. Is it a real Jackson?

How cool is that Gold Rhoads, pretty much the Creatures guitar Vinnie played right there.

Kev, I've seen another of those VVV bodies with the lions claw recess in blue/silver by a guy who modified a Jackson neck to fit the Ibanez recess.

How does she play?
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

its a TJ VVV. I had him build it and then I had it professionally painted including the Jackson logo. Plays like an f-ing dream- the action is just perfect. It looks so killer in person, I will sometimes just go upstairs to look at it. Depending on what happens with the AZG/Pear VVV guitar I may have another one of these built but I would like to do it with a maple board, white pearl / gold metalflake, gold inlays, and a white emg with gold hardware.
I will post some more pics sometime if I can ever take some decent ones and I will include some of the other pieces I have in my collection as well if you guys want some eye candy.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

The Double V plays and sounds tremendous as this one was taken to my luthier and fine tuned after I assembled it. Fret leveling and the intonation mostly. The action is ultra low. I will confess that it along with a couple of Silvertone Apocalyse that I have are mostly ornaments as I'm not a big flying V fan. I really love my Strat Variations the best currently.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hi guys, great VVV's you've got there. Mine isn't playing, I wish it was.

The TJ looks great, good call on having someone else paint it.

I'm not really into V's myself but have the two Rhoads as Randy is awesome and need a VVV as Vinnie is excellent too. His is a sleeker cooler design too, looks tougher.

More pics of both would be great.
Streetbeat

Re: the guitars in my Vinnie corner

Post by Streetbeat »

mp5999 wrote:heres a pic of my VV corner (with any luck I will soon have an AZG VV to hang also (fingers crossed)). The one on the far right is #2 of 30 of the recently released "1st 5 " Rhoads V's. If you check out this ebay auction 400134311237 you will see a video of a Jackson employee discussing its relevance to Vinnie (even though the guy seems to have a dickish attitude about VV). The gold flake on this thing is unbelievable- like a bass boat my grandparents had back in the 70's.
Sorry my pic is so crappy, I am the only guy you will find who can spend a grand on a camera and still take worse pics then an iphone camera!

I think you can click on it to enlarge the size.

are you the guy that bought Vinnie's guitar back in 96 ? around the KISS EXPO era ?
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

haha, I tried. Go check under "news" - I just told the whole story there.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I'll upload this picture to image shack as I can now see that it is locked up at Facebook. I couldn't edit the link once I posted it so be sure you post the correct link because editing is locked.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

These are some diverse odd balls
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Certainly is diverse. Did you make the flame guitar yourself as well as teh VVV?

What's with the guy holding the money at the top?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Yes I built the flame and that's me!
doublev

Post by doublev »

slayer, you talented guy. how does the vv sound?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer is shwing us a picture of where the MAGIC happens !! :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

The VV Sounds and plays great. I have a very high output TOG Monsterbucker installed and the action is ultra low. It is very uncomfortable to play unless your wearing a guitar strap and standing. When ever I get the free time to play guitar I'll usually grab a Strat and just sit down and relax and jam. That Strat Shape has become my comfort zone even though I have my fair share of odd ball shaped guitars.

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I love low action on a guitar. Tried playing a guy's Tele at a gig once during the break and he was doing fine on it but I couldn't handle the radius on it and the action as a result, just about unplayable for leads for me.

The strat shape is my most comfortable both sitting and standing now, though I'm going to play my Monster VVV this weekend, set it back up.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
teej

Post by teej »

there is a nack to sitting and playing a V . never liked them before I got the VVV but I have sitting and playing it down to a tee ... a lot of people who try to play it struggle as I did at first to get it siting correctly tho
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

A 'V' was the primary guitar that I learned on. In actuality,when one pops the lower wing BETWEEN the legs when sitting down,the position of the guitar is that of a classical guitarist. The 'V' shape also has the benefit of leaning the lower wing against the leg for control and stability while standing. A very comfortable guitar indeed !

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

I would be up in that room just looking as well, nice setup !

FULL THROTTLE, Newcastle's Finest Rock Band
TXjason

Post by TXjason »

great looking guitars!
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

thanks for the kind words. Here are a couple pics of some more toys.
Lefty explorer (pretty rare) , I dont play left handed- I just thought the thing was really cool looking!
Lefty explorer (pretty rare) , I dont play left handed- I just thought the thing was really cool looking!
explorers.jpg (72.38 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
And the star guitar has some great detail to it - beautifully scalloped fret board, and drop d routed Floyd.
And the star guitar has some great detail to it - beautifully scalloped fret board, and drop d routed Floyd.
star7.jpg (81.84 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

SWEET !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

thanks, just realized I put these in the "Vinnie corner" post , I will move them to my "my collection" post instead (Doh!!)
TXjason

Post by TXjason »

Love the jackson star!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I still visit here to see your AWESOME room.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Says the guy with more non fine tuning Floyds than Vinnie or Brad Gillis!!!!!!! :P :P :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

He he. I kid, I kid!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I wasn't telling you to be quiet. I just wanted to smell my finger .

NEWBEGINNINGS