Just bought this!

Talk about your equipment
shramiac

Just bought this!

Post by shramiac »

I had no intention of buying a guitar anytime soon but this came up so I got myself an early Christmas pressie!! I do feel a bit of a bum for not getting a Monster but this was pretty hard to resist. It's only 3 years old. No piezo and only dot rather than the "Petrucci Shield" inlays but meh! Both my Jems are worn out and no-one near me I'd trust to do a refret (esp a stainless refret) so I thought "what the F"!!! The ONLY bidder!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... fresh=true
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Re: Just bought this!

Post by poserboy71 »

I saw it for a second . The bids are over and it doesn't stay on the screen. Good purchase !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Just scroll down.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Very nice !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good guitar for a great price. I know you have it hard for John so this is right up your alley.

A rosewood boarded US Charvel went for $590 this week. Was very nice but I only want maple these days.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

nice ernie ball.
Vic I tend to like maple boards too apart from for jazz which i like the illegal brazilian rosewood. I think Rosewood works well with maple and spruce bodies and maple neck. But for Mahogany bodies/necks I would go for a maple board or ebony to counter the warm tone of the mahogany.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I just love the look and feel of maple these days, got plenty of rosewood and ebony, the darker boards. I would have liked this other Charvel save the rosewood board.

Would have been good for Shram too!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Nice buy Shram, it's only 20 mins from my house :D
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

My sister is in Holland Park so she's getting it for me!

My 1st non Japanese guitar too!!!!!!

Damn! This means I'll have to learn how to play again!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, get on to that!!!!!!!!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Holland Park to Runcorn is only 10 mins! All good! It's a beauty, nice work brother :D
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
n3p

Post by n3p »

Very nice shram, when it arrives I demand you record the unwrapping a la wolfie!
Genebaby wrote:I just love the look and feel of maple these days, got plenty of rosewood and ebony, the darker boards. I would have liked this other Charvel save the rosewood board.
I hate to say it, but i'm really warming to maple fretboards too in terms of sound, feel.... just prefer the darker look of rosewood. Never played an ebony though, what are they like
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Ebony TO ME is tight and awesome to my ears. In a way , it parallels a good maple fret board.
I love maple on a Stratocaster and Ebony on everything else.

I always think of rosewood being lesser to those two even though it has wonderful qualities as well. It depends on the song and what you want to project.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Highest quality Brazilian rosewood or lapucho (Paraguayan rosewood which is legal) are amazing sounding. But most current rosewood is not so great.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I played an old Italian acoustic guitar and the body was all brazilan rosewood and that was the sweetest sound I ever heard from a guitar.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

n3p wrote:Very nice shram, when it arrives I demand you record the unwrapping a la wolfie!

Ha ha! I don't think my unwrapping would have anywhere near the emotional power that Wolfi's did. Mine was an impulse buy while Wolfi's was such a heartfelt and planned event. From design to delivery. And do you really want to hear me swear my head off because the seller lied and there a big crack in the neck joint or something?!?! (hopefully not of course!) Plus my German's a bit rusty too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But mostly because Wolfi is a handsome mofo!!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Still, some pics when you get it would be nice.

You will love the EB quality.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Wow, congratulations. nice guitar. pix please
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:I had no intention of buying a guitar anytime soon but this came up so I got myself an early Christmas pressie!! I do feel a bit of a bum for not getting a Monster but this was pretty hard to resist. It's only 3 years old. No piezo and only dot rather than the "Petrucci Shield" inlays but meh! Both my Jems are worn out and no-one near me I'd trust to do a refret (esp a stainless refret) so I thought "what the F"!!! The ONLY bidder!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... fresh=true
Right on Andrew!
Once you get it let us know how stable that trem design is without a locking nut and fine tuners!

Congratulations and I don't think that any of us that I'm aware of have a Petrucci Model besides you.

Enjoy

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I was aware of it but not interested as I'm not a big fan of his. I did find it interesting he switched from Ibanez and then went to a non locking trem design.

I guess it works ok as John uses it. I know EB guitars are great quality. Just never bought one.
metatron

Post by metatron »

[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yep that's me right there!!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Have you got it yet Andrew?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

No. My sis picked it up and said it's mint! My old bass player and his guitar player (who is a friend of mine as well) are picking it up tomorrow to give it a workout to see if it's all good! I'm in no hurry to get it as I has too much stuff to do to enjoy it(!!!) at the moment. I'll be in Brissy in mid Feb to watch the cricket so I'll get it then! But I have other options if I want to get it earlier.

Emailed the guy I bought it from about whether he used 10s as per factory set up?

He didn't know???!!!! He bought it from Ellaways in Brissy. It'd been a display model for a few months and he has a feeling the tech at Ellaways likes to set them up with 9s. HE NEVER changed the strings on it!!!! It truely is MINT!!!! He said the action is very low with no buzz at all! My mates will let me know how good it is!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sounds very nice! Tell us all about it when you get your mist on it.

I know what you mean about being busy!