My babies...

Talk about your equipment
gonnarock

My babies...

Post by gonnarock »

My first guitar was one that my uncle let me borrow. It was a Fender Squire, terrible tone, sound, feel everything. haha. But it was love at first sight...From there it expanded...

I have a B.C. Rich Warlock, the Bronze series, a black beauty, with a rosewood fretboard (Ebony is better...) Its a bolt on neck, with white pearl dot inlays. Has a nice sound, deep and rich, was the first guitar that belonged to me. :) The neck is a bit worn now from playing so much but its a nice guitar. (Nicknamed: Blackie after Blackie Lawless. :oops: )

1986 Ibanez Gunslinger most comfortable guitar to sit and play. Also a black beauty, and came with a Crate Amp. A small, practice size amp. :) Best distortion tone I ever heard on this little dinky amp. haha. I think the amp is also 1986, might be 1987. The Ibanez guitar has pearly shark fin inlays and also the only guitar I own that has a wammy bar. It has Floyd Rose tuning, and Seymour Duncan humbuckers.

Acoustically speaking, I have a 1978 Yamaha Classical Acoustic guitar. Was my mother's and the guitar in which I learned my first two chords. (A & E). I literally practiced on that guitar until my finger bled, my index finger. I still get it out and strum around on it sometimes.

A Baby Taylor guitar. Beautiful, full acoustic tone on a mini body. It is impressive that a really inexpensive guitar can have such a full sound. That one is my main acoustic one. :)

And last but not least, my Gibson Flying V. I love this guitar. We are twins almost, because its from 1989, same year I was born and also the last year of Flying V's before they started the Anniversary ones. Its got that Mahogany coloured body, rosewood fretboard, the pearly dot inlays, not solid body however its very close to it. haha. I love that guitar, was a gift to me and the case is beautiful. He rests in comfort inside his original gibson case with soft hot pink plush to keep him warm. :wink:

His amplifier is a Line 6 Spider 3 75 watt amp. Digital, with the presets of tones in there from various players. (No Vinnie...:() But its a nice amp. I really love the option for a blues tone. I like to play bluesy music sometimes. :)

Here is a picture of my favorite baby, KK (named after KK Downing. :oops: ):
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: My babies...

Post by Genebaby »

Nice V! I have a black 67 reissue I bought new in 94' it's case is smaller, more shaped like the guitar. I haven't seen a Gibson V with a regular sized case before.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

That is a beautiful flying V, nice work! Cool name you gave it too :D
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Thank you both. :) That guitar means a lot to me. I would love to have the 67 reissue!!! Actually, I think if it was up to me, I'd have a roomful of guitars, with 90% being Flying V's haha. I just like their look, and their sound. Extreme looking guitars, really radical body shapes always catch my eyes. haha. That is what attracted me to the Warlock. But I am zoning in on a double V now. That guitar is gorgeous. But I will either have to save save save, or be REALLY nice to Santa this year. :lol:
metatron

Post by metatron »

gonnarock...you passed the test. If you can't download the Vinnie's Metal Tech video, PM me your address I will send you a DVD copy.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Haha, I passed the test!?! YAY! :D I am glad to hear that. haha. I was able to download the Metal Tech video and have watched it about three times now, working on some of those scales and really wanting to master...er...just get it smooth on the finger picking technique. haha. Mastering...yeah... :lol:

But thank you very much on the DVD copy!!! I will keep that in mind. :wink: