He'll know if you been Bad! or Good-Your Wish list to Santa

Talk about your equipment
metatron

He'll know if you been Bad! or Good-Your Wish list to Santa

Post by metatron »

This is totally fantasy. If you could have any Axe & money was no object. What would it be. :D
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I'm drawing a blank? How about Paul Stanley's BC Rich Eagle with the Cheetah Paint Job. Give Paul Stanley one thing her sure has some bad ass guitars!
teej

Post by teej »

without trying to sound smug .. I kinda have it .. still would love a Lynch ESP tho .. I still play with the idea of getting my VVV re-painted
metatron

Post by metatron »

off the top of my head....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Any VVV, a AZG Pear VVV,
The original Ibanez Iceman production was from 1975 to 1982
Washburn Ace Frehley AF-40V
Hamer Custom GT (Glenn Tipton)
ESP MH-100
Bernie Rico Jekyll NeckThru 627 - Spalted Maple
Dean Rusty Cooley 7 string signature model guitar
Paul Stanley hamer scarab
Steinberger M Series TransTrem
Roswell Star
White & Silver Jackson "Disrupter"
White Roland G-707 Guitar
Jackson Double Neck
Steve Stevens Hamer SS-3
Steve Stevens Hamer Californian Elite

Well I did say fantasy :D
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Great List and pictures!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nothing special for me, maybe something along the lines of a Kiko Loureiro ESP or Edwards model! And a Floyded Les Paul.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/kiko ... index.html
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
teej

Post by teej »

I was offered PS´s Scarab a few yrs back but didnt have the cash for it .. dont have any contact with the owner any more
teej

Post by teej »

also ... I played an origional Iceman from 78 I believe and it was the biggest piece of shit to play you can imagine .. and as for the Ace Frehly Washburn .. well .. even Ace wouldnt play it live as it wouldnt stay in tune
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

That's because I didn't build it Teej lol!
teej

Post by teej »

TJMonster wrote:That's because I didn't build it Teej lol!
Agreed man .. you know I love your work
metatron

Post by metatron »

TJMonster wrote:That's because I didn't build it Teej lol!
I think next cab of the rank for me is going to be a Monster, a TJMonster. :D
metatron

Post by metatron »

More Wish List;
Caparisons Horn & Orbit
and
Edwards ESP E-CY-165CTM.
(Robert Marcello-Danger Danger)

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Jackson double neck, oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I spoke with C.C.DeVille about his Jackson double neck last year. I was telling him he has to start bringing out those cool flamboyant guitars again. He said he still owns it.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

A gibson flying v black beauty custom, black Gibson eds 1275, Black Gibson Dove acoustic, Gibson les paul custom Axcess black of course lol, Hofner Tele, at least one custom RR1, Jackson VVV x2, Rickenbacker 12string, monster Dw drumkit with 26 and 32inch bass 4 arms, and 2 legs, an original Telecaster bass, and Fender Jazz special bass.

Studio Gear wise: Neve 1058s (Germanium) pre's x6, sheps 31105 (best 1073 copy), 1 real Urei blackface 1176, a couple of Telefunken v72.

Mic Wise, a real Telefunken 251 Elux, Wunder Audio cm7, Soundelux U99, several Josephson mics, and 1 royer stereo ribbon tube mic :D.

LMAO Ampwise.... Bogner Uberschall blue revision, Mesa Boogie Colisieum, Marshalls w/ various jose mods, frank levi modded marshall, 3 Mark Cameron modded Marshalls, Cameron ccv amp, 1 of Dave Friedmans "naked amps" and a shit load of frontloaded cabs with all scumback speakers :D.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Oh QA reminded me of the other thing I want!

http://mikeportnoy.com/interact/purplemonster.aspx

MMMMMMMMMMMM........
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I bet Rusty Cooley could do some damage on that sumbitch and make it squeal. I wonder which guitarist inspired the color scheme on that beauty? :wink: :wink: :wink:

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:I wonder which guitarist inspired the color scheme on that beauty? :wink: :wink: :wink: -PB71-
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh I wonder :!:
doublev

Post by doublev »

Quentin great list. Is that 36" DW bass drum inspired by Tommy Lee? That thing is crazy. I like more mid tone so I wouldn't go to bigger than a 20", unless it was a Leedy or Slingerland from the 60s and then I would consider a 24" .
I have or had most guitars I wanted (fucking asshole I am). I used the Mason Bernard, Hamer Virtuoso, Carvin Ultra V and double neck, BC Rich neck thru Gunslinger and a Spector NS 6 with a rare Ebony fingerboard and Duncan pick ups and a Robin Machete with medley headstock as well as some Ritz Guitars and a Royal Medusa. This is when my family had money unlike now. I never had a Jackson but always wanted a Rhoads or VV but have it reversed like the Carvin Ultra V was, so the longest side was the bottom not the top. I had some other stuff but can not remember it now.

Always used Kitty Hawk M1 or Quattro amps or Jackson Guitars JX3 pre amp http://i27.tinypic.com/ezn1ts.jpg

I like the sound of the Lomo Soviet mics the best. Also the Lomo Amps that give drums and guitars a nice muddy sound
metatron

Post by metatron »

I've got a Kitty Hawk...power amp 120watt per side. Takes two people to lift the sucker.

Oh Dino...how bad I wanted a Carvin Ultra V.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Danni, Is that you jamming on that 8 string motherfucker ???

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

the kitty hawk m1 combo was fucking real heavy too. i couldn't lift it. the cab version were even worse.

i have the ultra v from 1989 in black with abalone block inlays , reverse headstock and gold hardware. plays great.
doublev

Post by doublev »

kitty hawk m1 was much better for lead work in my opinion. I would take advice from quentin on those modified marshalls for my christmas list. but i don't buy guitar stuff anymore.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i also had a gibson sonex custom les paul made from synthetic materials which i thought sounded amazing. i would love to test it again. those guitars really surprised me and about 10 years ago cost like a hundred dollars. has anyone else used those? at the time i liked them more than the high end les pauls they were making.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sounds awesome Dino. Why in heck did you get rid of it? Sounds like a keeper.
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

Hey D :). Pork pie did a huge kit for namm a few yrs ago with a 36 bass, 14x16 rack, and 16x18, and 18x20 floors. I think Tommys big bass may be a 32 but you may be right. Dw has really cool things they are doing with drums like some of their hybrid shells. If I had to go with an older brand I like old ludwigs, and even Yamaha recording drums. If I were going to get a new kit though it would be one with a huge bass. Dw makes a 23" bass now to that is suppose to be the perfect recordin bass. It has the tight boom of a 22, but a smidge beefier.

Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

I know which Gibson model your talking about, never played one though. In my opinon most guitars Gibson has put out past about 94 are not that great. Gibson has a few really cool custom pieces once in awhile. But in my opinion all they're guitars are the same just different finishes. I'd buy an old one and repaint it before buying a new one. The coolest guitar I've seen them do is the Lp custom axcess. I dont know why they'd put a floyd on a sunburst standard model is just doesn't look right. But they did a good job on it.

doublev

Post by doublev »

I sold virtually all my guitars as I stooped playing and didn't have the space to keep them.
As for bass drums, my particular dislike is a loud mic'd bass drum that kind of drives the music. I hear this live all the time. I like the bass drum to take a back seat and just be barely audiable. Kind of their just to complete the drum sound not to over take it. I actually request not to have a mic on my bass drum at all and have been known to get into fights at gigs in the past because of micing and drum mixing at gigs. I respect everyone has different tastes, and different music can call for different things but I am quite comfortable with a 4 piece for rock. 20" bass drum (or even an 18), 13" mounted Tom (or a 12), 14" floor Tom(would add a 16 to make a 5 piece).
I think the bigger sizes look better for sure.
Quentin have you looked at craviatto. He was the head Guy at Dw. He makes real high quality. I like the remo gold crowns for new drums and bosphorus cymbals. Vintage as well as slingerland / leedy, the 60 premier's were great, also the camco, Rogers and meazzi's from the 60s.
The 70s Ludwig and Yamaha were great. I really liked the 70s pearls like Peter criss used and I own the snare model he used with kiss which was also the snare art blakey and Shelly manne used and Stuart Copeland still uses it but he had tama remake it.
I felt Peter"s sound was shit in the 90s. But that's my opinion. I think it was the way his dw's were recorded rather than the drums themselves. I thought his dw's on the alive symphony sounded much better though.
As for cymbals I use 70s avedis. 19 crash/ride and 20" ride and maybe a 22" sonor French ride and 14" hi hat.
Bopworks sticks, remo heads, asba or dw pedals.
Sorry to bore everyone with this.
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

Its not boring at all to me :D. I've seen a few craviatto snares. They look like a really good quality drums. A cool sound I picked up on not long ago was a country drummer who was using 2 16" meinl crashes for hihats. He got it from a jazz guy. It's a really unique splashy sound. I want to get a few paiste dimension cymbals. They're signature series are really good but crack super easy. The old avedis are good cymbals my fav ride is a 22 a custom ping ride. I don't care for the deep bell sounding rides. The ping to me just cuts through the mix, but isn't the most universal to use for everything.
One of the best universal rides I've played was a 20 Paiste dry crisp ride. I hear some of the really huge old rides are really good.

Here a clip of some really good sounding Dw's on record. Josh Freese played on this album. The kit used was a 4 piece Dw with a 6.5 brass, 14 dark crisp hihats, 20 dry crisp ride, and an 18 full med, and power crash. Really simple rig. I love the way his drums sounded on this album. He played on Gnr's "Chinese Democracy" and the sound was ok but not as good as this one.

Starting at 3:06
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nicko has always had the best hi-hat tones! Paiste all the way for me!
doublev

Post by doublev »

Thanks Quentin. Interesting.
I like the bosohorus cymbals. The new Orleans has a nice soapy trash sound. Donor had some nice cymbals in the early 80s. Ha! Paiste. I think Eric Carr used them too. The problem I have with paiste is they have so many generic boring safe sounding cymbals. I guess there are some really good ones, but its like session drummer hell when I see Tama drums and paiste cymbals. Total generic package. I bet nico has some good cymbals though. I find it funny that I talk like a pro drummer and I basically suck. I know what I like but suck. Cracking myself up here.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Quentin, San Francisco drums make some amazing sounding sets and they have 36" bass drums. I also live the dw classics which Peter cross"s symphony set was a protype for.
doublev

Post by doublev »

quentin. what do you think of Gibson Dirty Fingers pickups? thats what the Gibson 180 Sonex had in it and I thought they were great. The sonex is super ugly, but amazing sound for an experimental guitar. Bolt on but more sustain than the neck thru les pauls.
teej

Post by teej »

i thought les pauls were set neck?
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, they are set neck.....
metatron

Post by metatron »

Charvel 750XL guitar
by Henrik HjortnaesThe top model of the 1989 Charvel Import guitarsCHARVEL 750XL

One of the finest Charvel import guitars ever made by the Japanese Chushin Gakki factory, has got to be the Charvel 750XL Professional.

Featuring a mahogany body capped with an arched maple top, short scale neck and set neck construction, it carries highly unusual features for a Charvel import. In fact it has a lot of the same construction features found on a Gibson Les Paul. No wonder it was nicknamed The Les Paul Killer back then.

The Charvel 750XL ended up being a very rare and sought after guitar. Not only because of the high build quality and the Charvel name, but also because it was built in limited numbers...

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/charvel ... guitar.htm
Good Web site about Charvel & Jackson guitars
http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/charvel ... guitar.htm
teej

Post by teej »

Just played £1200 piece of shit Ibanez in Inverness ... bu twas through a boss metal zone ... nice dist ... although I had to blast it on full to get a 'sound' ,,,,,,,, now i will silently pray to the gods of ebay
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
metatron

Post by metatron »

Does any know about TMM Guitars
STACEY BLADES of Roxx Gang/LA Guns fame uses them.
http://www.ttmguitars.com/The_Official_ ... _News.html
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Never heard of them before....there are lots of good guitar makers out there...and some bad....
ankh

Post by ankh »

mm,guitars....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx-sf8oGkto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=476vNb6thyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ayKDNX3Ds

and also maybe this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8uTztcboyI

a Fender Harvard, a marshall superbass,a vox ac 30...just for starters...

And the eventides Fripp is using....

I'll be ready for the padded cell.....
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

teej wrote:Just played £1200 piece of shit Ibanez in Inverness ... bu twas through a boss metal zone ... nice dist ... although I had to blast it on full to get a 'sound' ,,,,,,,, now i will silently pray to the gods of ebay
Does that mean you are still going to buy one??
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

The dirty fingers is awesome!! The current ones may not be as good as the older ones. If you interested in a dirty finger checkout the Bareknuckle Coldsweat which is a better copy of it :). I want a set to experiment with myself. It was one of the most overwound ceramic mag pups that Gibson did. You can find the ones on ebay for cheap but they would probably need a little cleaning.

The Metalzone is badass too! I used to have a mid 90's model. I used the parametric eq on it for a boost. I never turned the gain up too much, though it had a really cool sound. Robert Keeley I think does mods for those as well.

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/ZH-coldsweat.html
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

metatron wrote:Does any know about TMM Guitars
STACEY BLADES of Roxx Gang/LA Guns fame uses them.
http://www.ttmguitars.com/The_Official_ ... _News.html
They are made near Palm Springs California. I have heard decent things about their value for the money but I have never played one, A few month's back I saw a lot of new ones being peddled on EGAY with some wild flourescent paint jobs like yellow and lime green etc.
doublev

Post by doublev »

this is a slightly different version of the sonex. this guitar is synthetic or at least not traditional wood.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

For Christmas, I want all guitars I'm working on out of my house!
metatron

Post by metatron »

TJMonster, Post pics of them up.