He'll know if you been Bad! or Good-Your Wish list to Santa

Talk about your equipment
doublev

Post by doublev »

anything interesting? TJ Is Walnut strong enough for a neck? I wanted a maple body with a walnut neck to kind of warm up the maple and get an ebony fingerboard, I was thinking of a Kramer Tele thing or I was thinking of a reversed body Rhoads V if thats not too strange to play.. would something like the maple with the walnut have the desired effect I wanted? I think walnut body with maple neck is more obvious. I noticed Carvin offered a walnut neck if I am not mistaken. My friend in Italy makes guitars and used Italian Sycamore which he says is related to maple and has the same tone but a whisker warmer. I suppose its different for different people.
I would be afraid to but a tj monster guitar as he may wire the thing to kill me off (only joking, I hope that I am not the number one enemy anymore).
VVV

Re: He'll know if you been Bad! or Good-Your Wish list to Sa

Post by VVV »

metatron wrote: This is totally fantasy. If you could have any Axe & money was no object. What would it be. :D
Price no object? OK!

Just a few...

Randy's first Concorde
Gibson's #1 LP '59 burst (settle for one owned by Page)
Eric Clapton's original Blackie
SRV's original Lenny
EVH's original Frankenstrat
Yngwie's original Duck
Jimi's '68 used at Woodstock in '69
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

The hofner tele has a walnut body, and to me sound much better than a fender tele. A little less twang in my opinion, and is just a beautiful clean tone. One of those is one my real list of guitars to get :).
VVV

Post by VVV »

One more: the missing half of the Ritz Quad - as soon as it goes up for sale......somewhere.
doublev

Post by doublev »

ha, where the hell is that I wander, maybe El Paso.
doublev

Post by doublev »

walnut is nice as it seems to be the warmest tone wood that I know about, even more than mahogany. I suppose if the warm tone can be added via a warm amp and / or pick ups. Still my favourite sounding guitar I had was the Ritz I had that was also the one on the catalog cover and MAB used in the Freight Train Video. It was maple body with maple neck and ebony. Usually I wouldn't choose this but it just was magic on that guitar.

I really want to see if Birch works as a guitar body. If its anything like the sound for drums I believe that would be killer for a guitar. It seems like Birch and Beechwood are the only two drum tone woods that don't cross over to guitars.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

doublev wrote:anything interesting? TJ Is Walnut strong enough for a neck? I wanted a maple body with a walnut neck to kind of warm up the maple and get an ebony fingerboard, I was thinking of a Kramer Tele thing or I was thinking of a reversed body Rhoads V if thats not too strange to play.. would something like the maple with the walnut have the desired effect I wanted? I think walnut body with maple neck is more obvious. I noticed Carvin offered a walnut neck if I am not mistaken. My friend in Italy makes guitars and used Italian Sycamore which he says is related to maple and has the same tone but a whisker warmer. I suppose its different for different people.
I would be afraid to but a tj monster guitar as he may wire the thing to kill me off (only joking, I hope that I am not the number one enemy anymore).
I wouldn't do that Dino. I'd treat you just like anyone else, even more so I would make sure your guitar was so flawless you would order another. I haven't had the chance to play with any walnut yet.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Always wanted a Kevin Chilcott(Luthier) Royal THE ELECTRA MK II
The Standard Electra Mk II guitars have a one piece Mahogany body, one
piece Mahogany neck, bound Ebony fingerboard and head-face, offset 'V'
Mother-of-Pearl fingerboard inlays and headstock inlays, a pair of EMG
pickups - 81/85 (The 'Bridge' EMG angled) and Kahler Pro Tremolo unit.

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
teej

Post by teej »

ok so explain to me why you would offset a pickup ? whats the deal?
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
ankh

Post by ankh »

doublev wrote:walnut is nice as it seems to be the warmest tone wood that I know about, even more than mahogany. I suppose if the warm tone can be added via a warm amp and / or pick ups. Still my favourite sounding guitar I had was the Ritz I had that was also the one on the catalog cover and MAB used in the Freight Train Video. It was maple body with maple neck and ebony. Usually I wouldn't choose this but it just was magic on that guitar.

I really want to see if Birch works as a guitar body. If its anything like the sound for drums I believe that would be killer for a guitar. It seems like Birch and Beechwood are the only two drum tone woods that don't cross over to guitars.
the ibanez custom agent was made of birch and it sounded great.They don't do it anymore,unfortunately, but, the combination of wood ans super 70 pickups was just right.

http://guitarz.blogspot.com/2010/03/iba ... 05_01.html
metatron

Post by metatron »

teej wrote:ok so explain to me why you would offset a pickup ? whats the deal?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-1279676.html wrote: Back in the days when cell phones were the size of bricks, video games were played in Arcades and Hair Metal was all the rage, Gibson-sized humbuckers paired with Fender-style (and later Floyd Rose design) tremolo bridges were a rarity. People who tried this combination did not immediately realize that the Fender tremolo string spacing did not line up with the Gibson pickup polepieces. The only way to get them to line up (well, sort of) was to angle the pickup so that the high and low "E" strings caught at least one polepiece.

Once aftermarket bridge makers like Schaller, DiMarzio and Mighty Mite began making tremolo bridges that were spaced for Gibson-sized humbuckers, this practice fell out of favor. Kramer guitars occasionally continued the practice because they thought it looked cool, but it offered no practical advantage.

Fender angled the bridge pickup of the Strat and Tele in order to give more bass response to the low strings and more treble response to the high strings. Angling Gibson humbuckers was not originally done for this reason. They just wanted to make the thing fit.

Exactly, same reason why EVH did it on his Frankie back in the day. Funny enough though, his Kramer 5150 had a regular spaced humbucker and was of course placed straight, not angled
I think it looks cool (on that guitar at least)
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
teej

Post by teej »

aye ,, it looks ok .. thanx for the info tho .. I always thought ti was just cosmetic .. a thing of the 80's :P

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Funny thing about EVH is that he gets all this credit for putting a humbucker in a strat body when in actuality,after being tested, the original pick-up had a zero reading. Eddie waxed the pick-up too much and basically made it a single coil.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Bernie Rico's (will suxing to the extreme)

metatron

Post by metatron »

More will suxing by Bernie Rico.

metatron

Post by metatron »

& finally...That's right, more will suxing by Bernie Rico.

teej

Post by teej »

Hot Poontang Half Hour :D .. good job

metatron

Post by metatron »

teej wrote:Hot Poontang Half Hour :D .. good job
ha :D :D :D. It's like those Street Machine Car Mags, but for GuitarZ
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Lovin' the Poon ! :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Stocking filler from DEAN ZELINSKY of DBZ Guitars. Who wants to to be under the Mistletoe???

and finally these coffin cases you'd all luv...

teej

Post by teej »

cant beat a big pair of whammers and a weird shape guitar .. god knows if I could get fat i'd be rich hahahaha

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

metatron wrote: Who wants to to be under the Mistletoe???

I'd set that mistletoe up at belly button level. :D :D :D :twisted:

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:
metatron wrote: Who wants to to be under the Mistletoe???

I'd set that mistletoe up at belly button level. :D :D :D :twisted:
kiss the clown :D
doublev

Post by doublev »

thanks ankh.
i think birch would be the best wood for vinnie. it has major attack. more than maple. i can not understand why this wood died out. what neck wood did that ibanez have.

the slanted pick ups look cool. Kevin from Royal guitars was (or is) a member of the doublev board. He for me makes the best rock guitars in europe, but i have not tried too many. Maybe email him about the slanted pick ups. I have it on my neck through gunslingler.
doublev

Post by doublev »

in drums this is how the wood works..

Walnut - warmest
Mahogany - very warm
Ash - mid
Maple - mid to high
Birch - high tone
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hot girls, is there anything they don't go with? Even just themselves is fine, lol.....
Commander in chief - VVF Army
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Well Gene, they don't go with logic very well. My ex is super hot, she has the logic of a bowling ball.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

TJMonster wrote:Well Gene, they don't go with logic very well. My ex is super hot, she has the logic of a bowling ball.
It only gets bad when the stupid ones(ALL OF THEM) think they are smart enough for logical thought. Give me the hot bowling ball EVERY TIME!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Well, bad comparison I guess. Bowling balls understand their purpose and know how to stay in the bag, under the nudie mags in the closet. And when you wear out bowling ball holes you can have them redrilled. :shock:
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

I'm happy in my relationship :D But I think I too share the logic of the bowling ball ;). My philosophy is like the bowling ball's. I just roll with it, get a good glide, and score at the end! LOL :oops: :lol: :roll:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ha ha, they are good in pictures....
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

I don't see the guitars, only the chicks, he he :twisted:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think it's the glasses in your current avatar Wolfie!!

wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Genebaby wrote:I think it's the glasses in your current avatar Wolfie!!

Maybe!? How knows :wink:
metatron

Post by metatron »

wolfgang161272 wrote:
Genebaby wrote:I think it's the glasses in your current avatar Wolfie!!

Maybe!? How knows :wink:
X-Ray Eyes
http://il.youtube.com/artist?a=GxdCwVVU ... ure=artist
poserboy71

Re:

Post by poserboy71 »

Quentin Aaron wrote:I'm happy in my relationship :D But I think I too share the logic of the bowling ball ;). My philosophy is like the bowling ball's. I just roll with it, get a good glide, and score at the end! LOL :oops: :lol: :roll:
I also like it when the holes are too small for my fingers and it's a really heavy ball . It forces you to palm it.

NEWBEGINNINGS