violin with space echo

Post by doublev2 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
birnie

Re: violin with space echo

Post by birnie »

Very nice indeed !
never heard of or seen one of those before.
Thanks for sharing

I love anything with lots of dials and the old needle-level displays :D
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

my favourite use of the tape delay is the Tielman Bros from Indonesia
[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Wow Dino, thanks for showing us this rare 50's footage! They were great for their time... Kinda reminded me of Marty McFly in Back to the Future during the dance at the end when MJFox really let's it rip :D
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

hahah

i love the big echo from the open drums.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

That's heaps cool. Reminds me of the theme music in Blade Runner.

That Unicorn is mind fucking me.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

the roland space echo is amazing with guitar too. I like the Meazzi / Jennings / Binson one as much though.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

i´ve had a binson echorec and helped a friend to choose the right one among 5 of them.They are very nice but require constat care.Having messed with them, i can say that what makes a huge difference is their great tube preamp.Now i own an old FBT and a Japanese 8 track tape delay...and the Echo pro.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

ankh , say that again. You have the Binson pre-amp and a FBT ?

I own an FBT, Meazzi Metropolitan, Galanti Amp , I was looking for a Binson amp but I hear the same as Meazzi??

I like the Galanti the best but FBT for rock. Italy made the best amps for me.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

ankh if you can find me a Binson, Meazzi or Jennigs Echomatic or similar please contact me. I like the Roland one a lot though.

Please let me know your set up.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

they have the Roland space echo in a pedal. I heard its not as good as the real thing but close.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

Hi Dino!!
Sorry for being late in answering, i´m in Germany right now and so i can´t use the pc as often as i want.
About fbt,i have just an echo unit.I´ve owned an fbt tube mixer once, it did play nice.

For a while i´ve owned some Geloso pa units, they come with either el84,6v6, 6l6,el34,el 503 or other discontinued valves.They are excellent sounding and built like a rock.If you find one, get it, sometimes you can find them fior cheap.
I´ve also owned two Davoli amps, the organ bass(el 503 and transistor pre) and the davoli organ.Again, great sound.

As far as italian amps that i still own are concerned, i have a Farfisa 20(with 6v6),a super MB (with an el84),an ariston(again, el84), one elka(el84) and a GEM( with two 6v6 if i´m correct).All of them are excellent amps.
The Farfisa is a very clean amp,similar to fender, as does the ariston(even tough there´s a different power tube and just one tone control), the super MB is similar to the vox amp and the GEM has an excellent clean sound, on a par with a vintage fender.The elka has a great clean sound , even with the volume on ten.

About your Meazzi metropolitan, i strongly suggest you to try out the metropolitan with a different cab :wink: .Its small speaker doesn´t give justice to that great amp;).

About Binson, i´v had both the echorec and the valve mixer, they are excellent sounding units.Still have to find an amp by them. The echorec required too much care.My amp tech is thinking about making a reproduction of the preamp section of the echorec and of the mixer since they sound so great .I´m also lucky that my tech has great knowledge and a lot of passion for his work.
I know somebody who, from time to time, owns some binson or other vintage echo units, mostly echorecs.As soon as i know that he may have something that could be interesting for you i´ll make you know ASAP :wink:

I´ve heard-but not tried- the roland space echo pedal(btw, Gene use it in the mid 70´s for his solo spot), it sound nice but not identical if you compare it with the original.It is digital.
On the echopro rack unit i have a simulation of the echorec, it is nice and accurate-maybe too much accurate, what people loved about them was also the unpredictability of the repetiotion character-it can be useful when you can use it in a song, or as a delay on its own, but you can´t compare it really with the original, especially because of the valve preamp section of the echorec.On the plus side, the modern versions are more reliable, and more portable.It is a matter of preference and tio think how many people, besides musicians, will spot the difference, i think.

I hope i´ve answered to your questions , in case i´ve overlooked something i´ll be glad to post some more,i hope people here don´t mind.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

wow, you know your stuff. Italian amps were as good as the british and american (and German) and in someways more interesting.
I am looking for a cab now for the metropolitan. Let me know if you have a suggestion. I never tried the Elka, I do have an Elka Panther organ which kicks ass, my friend uses it in his band.
I am thinking GEM and Galanti are the same? Isnt it true that Meazzi made the Italian made Vox stuff?
I like the Hagstrom amps from Sweden too.
btw I have a Meazzi Drum amp when they used to put guitar pick ups in drum shells. Awesome thing too.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ankh have you examples of you playing your Italian amps ? Love to hear something. Do you have Italian guitars too? If you see a meazzi Franco cerri please let me know.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

thanks, i enjoy talking about tech stuff :oops: .About a cab i´ve asked you in pm, when i´ll be back i´ll ask to my tech, maybe he has some ideas :wink:
The elka amp that i own has tone, volume and vibrato, and nothing else.It sounds great.I´ve found a coupla of elka panthers and sold them in the past, tehy had nice sounds.
As far as i know, yes, Meazzi and sola sounds made some stuff for vox, most famous were the wah wah , the ones with the fasel inductor.

About the amps,i´ll try to post something in the future :wink: .Italian guitars i´ve had many in the past ,sold most of thm for lack of space :cry: .Right now i own a Melody guitar that a friend of mine has turned into a great fretless guitar.Some italian guitars had strange,unusual look and sound, the most famous are the Davoli/Wandre´ ones:
http://www.fetishguitars.com/index/wandre.html

He was an artist/sculptor who applied his art to guitars.Some Kiss fans will recognize the Bikini model that Ace used in the "elder " photosession :wink:

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

ankh wrote:thanks, i enjoy talking about tech stuff :oops: .About a cab i´ve asked you in pm, when i´ll be back i´ll ask to my tech, maybe he has some ideas :wink:
The elka amp that i own has tone, volume and vibrato, and nothing else.It sounds great.I´ve found a coupla of elka panthers and sold them in the past, tehy had nice sounds.
As far as i know, yes, Meazzi and sola sounds made some stuff for vox, most famous were the wah wah , the ones with the fasel inductor.

About the amps,i´ll try to post something in the future :wink: .Italian guitars i´ve had many in the past ,sold most of thm for lack of space :cry: .Right now i own a Melody guitar that a friend of mine has turned into a great fretless guitar.Some italian guitars had strange,unusual look and sound, the most famous are the Davoli/Wandre´ ones:
http://www.fetishguitars.com/index/wandre.html

Oh my GOD Dino will love those guitars :-)

He was an artist/sculptor who applied his art to guitars.Some Kiss fans will recognize the Bikini model that Ace used in the "elder " photosession :wink:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ankh, can you tell me the name of the binson tape echo simulator?
Kev I know the guitars are not everyone's taste but the amps are up with the British and American ones of the 50s, 60s and 70s yes I know the site well and buy off of eBay.it a lot .
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

so far what i´ve used is the line6 echopro(the rackmount version),there´s a nice emulation of the echorec.There´s something similar on the pedal version,called dl4.Of course it is not the same, but it is very close.

Gilmour uses the trex replica to emulate his vintage delays

here´s some details on how Gilmour used the echorec:

http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=74

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL: