My guitars

Talk about your equipment
Genebaby
Site Admin

My guitars

Post by Genebaby »

I'm pretty sure I posted this on the other forum as I was inspired to make ti by someone there who wanted to see my guitars and I wanted an easy way to do so without flooding a thread with pictures.

So here's a link to some of my guitars. Some newer ones and ones still in Project Mode aren't there.

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslqig6/Guitars/
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Vic,
I love those works of art! Thank you so much for sharing. I will be interested in seeing a picture of your Monster Double V once you have finished the modifications. I have about 30 guitars right now and as you say it's difficult to show them in an easy format. I think that you did a great job!

Kev
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You bastard VIC!!!! I had the chance to buy a 750XL in 89' but I ordered a Jem instead! Not that I don't love my old Jem but the Charvel's shorter scale would have suited my hands better. I know where there is an identical one to your's but the guy won't sell!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Slayer wrote:Vic,
I love those works of art! Thank you so much for sharing. I will be interested in seeing a picture of your Monster Double V once you have finished the modifications. I have about 30 guitars right now and as you say it's difficult to show them in an easy format. I think that you did a great job!

Kev
Thanks Kev, I put some effort in to setting that page up and it does needs some updating.

The Monster DV has no timeframe, there is a couple of guitars in front of it, but it will happen eventually. I still change my mind about the colour scheme all the time. When the time comes to make a choice I don't know what I'll do.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

shramiac wrote:You bastard VIC!!!! I had the chance to buy a 750XL in 89' but I ordered a Jem instead! Not that I don't love my old Jem but the Charvel's shorter scale would have suited my hands better. I know where there is an identical one to your's but the guy won't sell!
Ha ha, I am glad i bought that guitar, such a beast. Was my main player for a while. I've seen them around, if you want to buy one still I'll keep my eyes out for you and let you know.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Hey man, I got a Model 6 & a 750XL (both midnight blue). Got the Model 6 new & got the 750XL second had. Both awesome guitars. The model 6 has the old guitar shaped Charvel logo & the 750XL has the Jackson type running writing Charvel logo. Was so stoked when I found the 750XL. Still up there with being one of my favourite guitar. About two years ago I was luck to get the reissue of a P!NK RR5 Jackson neck thru. Got it cause I’d given up hope of ever being able to get a Vinnie Vincent V. Really hope those AZG Pear axes see the light of day.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Also got one of these, 'http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f19/jacks ... 89812.html'

Just the double v body right now. Need to get a neck, trem, pickups.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I can't believe how many 750XL's there are on this board, they aren't that common, but are a great guitar. Charvel/Jackson built them great in '89.

metatron, take some pics like in that link of how the guitar comes along. Would love to see that.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Vic, It's gonna be a while b4 i get it together (bit strap for ca$h right now) & I wanna do it right. Got a friend who's got a autobody shop & trying to get him to spray it when he gets time. But yer the 750XL rulez. R U on FB?. Your Forum is cool by the way. Love the set up. Like your alerted on updates, very cool. Saves users lots of time, Great ideas. Been spreading the word on FB for the youngenz to sign up. Know a couple of kidz who are crazy VV fans. :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks for the kind words metatron. I have a FB page but I don't do a lot on there.

Spreading the word is good, the more the merrier!

My Monser VVV will also take ages to transform into a Jackson replica, but as they say, good things take time.

An auto shop should be able to spray that for you no problem. The big question is, what colour scheme are you going for?
metatron

Post by metatron »

Vic you got a Monster VVV. Man any good? I wanted to get one but with all the controversy behind it I didn't. I want to get it Metallic P!NK & Metallic Purple. or Metallic P!NK & Metallic BLACK so it can be a pink & black attack axe. Don't know we'll see.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The Monster is a decent guitar structurally, with a few faults there and it needs a lot of attention in the paint/finish department. Nothing which can't be fixed and then we do the respray.

I bought it from Teej in 2007 I think, he was selling and I won it on Ebay and had it shipped over. It played really good but I've just put it away until it is fixed up.

Part of it's make over will see the headstock made into a proper Jackson one, which TJ Monster wouldn't do understandably, but we can make it happen in the aftermarket so to speak.

For the price I got it for, delivered, I'm happy as I have a great guy to do the work necessary to make it a great player and looker. Still undecided on colour.

Yours is going to look nice, are you planning on having big metal flakes in the paint?
metatron

Post by metatron »

Well Man sound like you're got a very good solid bases to go from. Does it have the shadow reverse head stock? I really like that double reverse head stock like the AZG Pear Guitar has.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It has a variation of a Jackson style headstock which is fine but with all the work I'm going to have done to it I'm turning it into an exact Jackson headstock.

I agree, the new reverse shadow headstock is way cool, but not possible to do on this guitar, the headstock slants the regular way.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Some of my Axes. The Charvel model 6, the BC Rich gunslinger & BC Rich Jr King V not in photos. Put better pix up when I have time.

metatron

Post by metatron »

My Daughter ( the future of shred - take a look @ my Face, I am the future) with my Ravelle Deluxe Tremolo Sustainer.
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Wow! So many Australian guitarists in this place! Anyone here got a Devries Custom? :lol:
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
metatron

Post by metatron »

Na Wizkid. a Devries Custom? Never hear of it. I need to do some investigating. Got any pix of it. Love your Avator by the way. Very Cool. Also changed my one to reflect the our current status.
teej

Post by teej »

I nearly bought a 750 XL back in the day in London .. allong with a Marshall amp .. couldnt agree on the finance tho so I left it .. was a great guitar .. lovely flame top cherry sunburst
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

metatron wrote:Na Wizkid. a Devries Custom? Never hear of it. I need to do some investigating. Got any pix of it. Love your Avator by the way. Very Cool. Also changed my one to reflect the our current status.
Metatron, make sure you investigate it haha. It's actually a joke about some moron that was trying to rip off Australian customers by building these "custom" guitars out of wood used for cabinets, shoddy electronics, and cheap pickups. There's a thread on some Australian guitar forum that is legendary that you HAVE to check out.

They all pitched in and ordered this p.o.s. and then went into to detail (including videos) of showing everyone how horrible of a guitar it is. I laughed for days about it. I'll see if I can find it.
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
doublev

Post by doublev »

Great collection vic.
I used to have a massive collection which most have been sold.

7 × Ritz neptunes
Carvin doubleneck like vinnies with abalone block inlays
2x hamer virtuosos.
Mason Bernard neck thru all black no inlays
Robin machete custom ordered with medley style headsrock.
Bc rich neck thru gunslinger
Gibson Bernie kessel
Collection of meazzi and framez guitars
Lag Rhodes v (like Bob kulick had)
Royal Medusa
Zion Picasso
Jackson winger bass
Fernandes strat
Kramer telecater

The other stuff has slipped my mind for now. Still have a hamer virtuoso.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

JEEZ! You got too much money DV!!! Ha ha ha.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

In the 80s, yes my dad had money and he used to write off tax by buying me guitars. I bought most for next to nothing when the heavy metal guitars were uncool. I got one gamer virtuoso and a mint California for $125 as a pair in 91. The Ritz were bought out of bankrupcy. Only the carvin and Robin I paid full price and both were around 1k.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Don't forget, guitars are way cheaper in the US than here. Good buys though Dino, I remember when Ritz when out of business.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

Just ordered a Godin Multiac Spectrum SA Black.

Last edited by metatron on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

How much for one of those?
metatron

Post by metatron »

In Australia over $2500. Getting from the states, 2nd hand (in really good nic) for $700+$100 postage. Otherwise about $1350 (for a new, but seconds one on ebay)+$400 postage US.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's an amazing deal on postage from the US. I got that once from Guitar Express with the Charvel Bullseye. They had a really good account with the shipper and got a great rate for me.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yer $100postage is awesaome, if it was $400 I wouldn't have got it. Thw boss(wife) is getting the sh!ts with me. Too many guitars.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

How many do you have now?
doublev

Post by doublev »

i sold my second from last ritz on ebay about a year ago for $2300 (i bought them for less than $200)

I have 4 or 5 guitars left, i don't play anymore .

i have a collection of 60s tape delay machines (meazzi, Jenings and Vox) that i will put on ebay soon.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

People love those old effects. I bought a Maxon analog delay and found I prefer digital!

You could make really cool space noises with it though if you could turn the dial as you played.

I figured it would be cool to convert it to a wah pedal to take advantage of that.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Meta,
Go Steve Stevens! :-)
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote:Meta,
Slayer, brother. Just 4 U!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BF28po0 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlQbbRDuis

:D Steve's got more Ho's than Santa :!:

metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote:Meta,
http://cgi.ebay.com/Washburn-1993-Steve ... 1c13abd098
Washburn 1993 Steve Stevens Frankenstein SS100 #1 US $12,500.00

metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote:How many do you have now?
Jackson Roswell Rhoads (going through my Orgy, 'Blue Monday' phase)
Jackson RR5 Rhoads Pro (metalflak pink)
Jackson Pink Dinky DK2 pink (my two year daughter's guitar)
Charvel 750XL
Charvel Model 6
two Peavey Vandenberg orginals models
two Peavey V-Type EXP Limited Editions
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe Tremolo Sustainer
Fernandes Ravelle Elite
BC Rich Bich
BC Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V (jackson type reverse head stock)
BC Rich Gunslinger
Yamaha RBX775 5 string
Takamine Acoustic
Art and Lutherie acoustic Cutaway (my wife's)
and coming the Godin Multiac Spectrum SA Black.

Wishlist AZG Pear VVV, a Bernie Rico Jr. Jekyll NeckThru 627. Hamer Californian Elite, Hamer Centura, ESP LTD MH-1000 See-Thru
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Bernie Rico! Save your money dude! That will probably be dearer than the Pear!!! They do look well made though AND pretty.
metatron

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote:Bernie Rico! Save your money dude! That will probably be dearer than the Pear!!! They do look well made though AND pretty.
Shramiac, I said wishlist bro. I 'd love a Bernie Rico. They do look awesome. I bet they are well made too. But yer that urban myth, AZG Pear VVV. Gotta have it.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Bermuda guitars are pretty! One of my favorite luthiers.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

OH look! My spell check doesn't like the name "Bernie" and changed it for me! Technology that thinks for you. Wonderful!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I wondered why you loved Bermuda guitars so much!!!
doublev

Post by doublev »

anyone like the virtuoso by hamer. not the nicest looking thing. this was always my main guitar.
btw this is not me lol
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:anyone like the virtuoso by hamer. not the nicest looking thing. this was always my main guitar.
btw this is not me lol
COOL guitar !!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, look at all the frets. I'm fine with 24, two octaves is enough for me!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:Yeah, look at all the frets. I'm fine with 24, two octaves is enough for me!
What? Don't you like his little birdy chirps? :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Meta,
Loved the Stevens Vids!

Thanks for that!

Kev
metatron

Post by metatron »

TJMonster wrote:Bernie guitars are pretty! One of my favorite luthiers.
Oh I forgot on the wish list (pretty much b4 anything else)....in pole position.... A TJmonster VVV :D
doublev

Post by doublev »

i saw steve stevens atomic playboys live with Perry McCarthy on vocals and stevens played a Hamer Virtuoso that night with an octaver pedal effect (i think that is the correct name). talk about painful. I liked that single they had from memory.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Speaking of steve Stevens, the bare knuckle pickups that bare his name are on my wish list!
doublev

Post by doublev »

never heard of those pick ups until today strange you mention it. I was in the Cornford Amps factory and they were testing them. don't ask what i was doing there. lol