Line 6 Pod HD500

Talk about your equipment
Genebaby
Site Admin

Line 6 Pod HD500

Post by Genebaby »

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get one of these this week to upgrade from my XT Live. I used the XT Live through my Marshall as a power amp and really liked it so I'm keen to get this newer version.

The X3 Live didn't entice me but this has, and the price is right.

Anybody used one?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Re: Line 6 Pod HD500

Post by Slayer »

Wow a new topic that is not filled with HATE! :-)

I'm sorry that I know nothing about XT Live but it is so nice to be moving in a new direction again!

Go Vic Go !
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yo Kev, the HD500 is the new model, comes in a HD300 and 400 spec too. It's an amp modeller with expression pedal built in that goes on the floor like a foot controller.

I have had the XT Live for about 6 years now and the new one is calling me. Now I'll also have the old one as a spare, ha ha.

Not to worry, you can't have too much gear, just ask Dannii!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

The only thing close that I have is called a VAMP. It is an inexpensive modeler but I have had a great time with it and though I can't get a great dry dirty Marshall Tone that I have grown to love but it does get some very cool wetter rectified modeling produced. Seems best to turn all the tone variations on the amp that I run it through to half or zero and control all the tone and effects from the VAMP.

If you get the new toy be sure to share your thoughts

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hey man, I have a Vamp, from Behringer. It was my first modeller, walked into the music store one day and came out with it. Still got it attached to my regular pc.

The Line 6 units I use are like that but on the floor for live use. Or you can use the desk ones with a separate foot controller.
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

DON'T DO IT!!! I have had all the line 6 crap , yes I even had 1 of the hd's to demo for a couple days.  
         I can't Recomend enough the eleven rack from digidesign. The only thing I have had that was comparable was an axe fx ultra and they are over 2 grand. The 11 rack is much more user friendly and you can pick them up new nowadays for under $700. It is worth at least 3x that amount. Check out the elevenrackpresets.com forum for tons of great info.seriously the 11 rack is the greatest thing I have found in 30 years of guitar playing.
 As a bonus it includes pro tools!!!!   
      I do use a pod xt live as a pedal board to run the 11 rack though! 

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks for that, I forgot about 11R and the Axe FX is awesome by all accounts.

I am interested in a floor board again and I already like the XTL ok so the HD should be even better, with everything I need for live playing.

In the studio the other two would be better, just pricier.

I have also ordered the bag for the HD 500 and a new one for my XTL, ha ha.

Do you play live with your 11R unit?