ritz guitar on ebay

Talk about your equipment
doublev

ritz guitar on ebay

Post by doublev »

http://cgi.ebay.com/WAYNE-CHARVEL-RITZ- ... 415a86bf7c
not in great shape and non original pick ups.. but its rare all the less.

If anyone knows me I was the only one buying these when they first came out in the 80s. From 88 to 91 I bought 10 and also had in my hands a further 4. So basically 14 out of the 25 were in my hands. since then I have seen in the flesh about 4 more and seen pics of most others.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: ritz guitar on ebay

Post by Genebaby »

Maple board, I like that.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

These are great guitars. Ritz made some unique guitars back in the day. It's a pitty they went under. Michael Angelo Batio still has a few I think. They don't pop up too often.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yes they are all different. Wayne had parts from everywhere and non are the same. He even put vintage pick ups in new guitars. Everyone is so different but all sound amazing.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Guitar_Pix_Hofner_ETC_008.JPG[/at[attachment=0]Guitar_Pix_Hofner_E TC_008.JPG
tachment] :arrow:
SOME RITZ
Attachments
Guitar_Pix_Hofner_ETC_008.JPG
Guitar_Pix_Hofner_ETC_008.JPG (136.39 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
doublev

Post by doublev »

Guitar_Pix_Hofner_ETC_012.JPG
Guitar_Pix_Hofner_ETC_012.JPG (122.31 KiB) Viewed 4268 times
doublev

Post by doublev »

Guitar_Pix_Hofner_ETC_015.JPG
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

I AM KICKING MY SELF. I SOLD A SNAKESKIN OYESTER SHELL ONE WHICH WAS AMAZING AND I CAN NOT FIND IT. ALSO A BLUE SHELL ONE HAS GONE. I have a Tele wrc shell and I sold another white one a few years ago. I still have a brown / green pearl one too.
Attachments
Guitar_Pix_Hofner_ETC_013.JPG
doublev

Post by doublev »

The checkered one on the ground is made up of neck left overs . Wayne said its his favourite guitar he made.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Drew has the last one ever made.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

They are really beautiful guitars Dino! I'd never seen them before, very original! And these will appreciate in value...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
doublev

Post by doublev »

Not mine anymore.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

That's a shame, they are some of the most original looking guitars I've ever seen...you can see why they were made in such small numbers with the cost & effort involved in creating them...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
doublev

Post by doublev »

4 or 5 are in the nitro freight train video. They sold zero while in business. I bought most a year after they finished. They were $2599 list and I got all mine for under $300 each. Their is an Eddie van halen one that ed roman was selling.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I still have two but not in the picture.
They took forever to make as each piece of shell was hand cracked and put together like a mosaic.
The guy who worked under charvel still makes them .. galetta guitars. They are over 4k however. I had him lined up to do a shell finish on a vv guitar. He can do a nautilus shell top which is white and a brown lip oyster back which is gold.
VVV

Post by VVV »

$406.00

ouch
doublev

Post by doublev »

Not in good shape and many non original parts. I sold the last one I had for 2300 and he offered 2700 to end the auction.
doublev

Post by doublev »

The shell alone is worth that.
VVV

Post by VVV »

The p/u's are the biggest issue. Still at $400 it was a steal I doubt the pawn shop made any money on it.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Have they got Floyd Rose II's on them??? eeeeeewwwwwwww!!!!! The rest of the guitar is cool though!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

most have kahler spyders. I only saw a few with a Floyd. Not sure whats on the ebay one.

wayne charvel had so many parts left over from when he worked for gibson, jackson and fender including hundreds of test pick ups, trems and tuners that he just mixed them up.. no are the same. he had some exotic woods that he actually put the shell on top. everything was left overs.
The WRC was more uniform.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I've never seen a Kahler Spyder but most of the trems look to have the strings running through to the back of the intonation screws with the ball still there just like a Floyd II. Guess the Kahler had the same design.

My old Washburn has that style trem and it feels like pus!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

kahler spyder is big and strong. i got used to it and requested it on my custom robin machete i got in 1990 which had the medley reverse headstock instead of that split one. MAB really likes the spyder so i am told.
doublev

Post by doublev »

doublev

Post by doublev »

funny story. Kahler made some high end golf clubs and car exhausts also.
metatron

Post by metatron »

I've got Kahler low profile Spyder trems on my two original Vandenburg Peavey. Great piece of hardware.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
VVV

Post by VVV »

doublev wrote:
Guitar_Pix_Hofner_ETC_008.JPG[/at[attachment=0]Guitar_Pix_Hofner_E TC_008.JPG
tachment] :arrow:
SOME RITZ
I missed these photos on your previous Ritz D. Those were some amazing looking models and simply works of art. I wish I had some of those!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You've got enough Drew!!!! :P :P :P
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

a couple were in the freight train video. the one on the ritz catalog cover which is in the shot MAB was playing a little bit. The one I sold which is not in shot was in the video to. I had a snake lip which i sold for nothing and its the best one i ever saw. I dont know where it is but would be great to find it. Its all shell but looks like snakeskin.
Bye Bye