my ever expanding collection

Talk about your equipment
mp5999

my ever expanding collection

Post by mp5999 »

thought you guys might enjoy some of these as they are mainly either guitars of my heroes or just ones I thought were pretty cool when I was younger. I have other guitars throughout the house I will have to get pics of later. As usual sorry for my crappy picture taking, double click any to enlarge.

here are 2 kiss murals I have in the guitar room also,

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dude, you have the Blu-Ray of Disney Pixar's 'UP' !! When can I move in ?

The Kiss custom wallpaper is incredible. Are you divorced too ? :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

hahaha, man I knew I should have cropped that movie out of the picture. No I am happily married, those are actually my wifes Roland TD 20 drums in the foreground of the 2nd to last pic. Unfortunately (in this scenario anyway) she is a bit younger then me and doesnt understand my whole kiss fascination , let alone all of the VV drama.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Did I see a Gibson Moderne in that collection? How do you like that? Also that Explorer variation the black and red reminds me of a guitar that Brad Gillis of Nightranger has. Gilrock Ranch Hamer?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It's an Epiphone Moderne and YES that is the Hamer model Brad Gillis is holding on that cover.

What's up with the Yngwie Strat with the 'normal' :? humbucker in the bridge position? Factory or customized?

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Plenty of money in selling drugs I see! Ha ha, just kidding! My favourite is the sea foam green strat on the floor! LOL. And the Yngwie would have been added latter I'd assume as Fender would have put a new pickguard on so the old screw hole could be seen!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
teej

Post by teej »

personally I am loving the Lynch guitar .. played one once and fell in love with it .. was totally broke so couldnt buy it tho
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

well slayer - I have never touched the moderne or the explorer, I only bought them because I just always thought they were both so cool and I just wanted them. I am manily turned off by the rosewood fretboards though to be honest , plus besides a properly setup Les Paul custom I dont care for Gibsons playability wise.

Yes the Hamer Sceptre is like the one Brad Gillis used but I got it for the Judas Priest factor as I remember Glenn Tipton had one exactly like it (this was way before that other explorer looking thing you see him with) and I was a teenager sitting front row and was floored by the boomerang inlays! I love the neck so much, kinda odd (at least compared to my other stuff )though as its an unbound ebony fretboard. I put some guitar fetish pups in it which I highly recommend.

And no Shram - I am not dealing drugs! I am pretty "straight edge" as the kids say nowadays. Luckily my wife has a great paying job that buys me most of my toys.
Yes I had the Malmsteen custom done with the fat strat option. I have several "Malms" and this is my favorite one to noodle on, the others just dont sound like what I like.
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

teej, why dont you post yours guitars up also? I love the eye candy.

the Lynch Kamikazes are ok, f-ing heavy as hell though , not really my bag. Years ago I had an ESP custom shop one made , then made one of the bigger mistakes of my life by selling it. I finally tracked it down thru the internet recently and offered the guy $8k for it and he didnt even reply (I think I sold it to him for like $2k in 2000-2001 .
It was a russian winter cam (white/black/grey) , had a Russian flag instead of the Jap, hammer and sickle inlays , just unbelievable. I remember waiting nearly 2 years for it, then the guy from ESP , Matt something or other, said that he had told George Lynch about it and that George was "stoked" about it and wanted to know if it could go to him 1st to check out and if so he would autograph it for me. Well he kept it for like another 6 months!!! I remember my mom called the Matt guy telling him she was going to sue him for fraud because they wouldnt get it to me! I will try to find a pic of it, it is really cool looking.
teej

Post by teej »

MP .. I only have 1 guitar .. and you know which it is .. plenty of pix posted in the past and my hard drive is being gay and not working over here right now so nothing new to post really .. I´ll see if I can find something on my FB profile
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

man, only 1 guitar. I feel bad for you and would be willing to give you not only both my Lynch Kamikazes, but I would be nice enough to throw a few other guitars in as well ! Wouldnt that be awesome, get rid of that silly snake looking pointy guitar and get several other guitars in trade????
when can you send it out? :twisted:
teej

Post by teej »

there ... I think thats probs enuff :P
teej

Post by teej »

mp5999 wrote:man, only 1 guitar. I feel bad for you and would be willing to give you not only both my Lynch Kamikazes, but I would be nice enough to throw a few other guitars in as well ! Wouldnt that be awesome, get rid of that silly snake looking pointy guitar and get several other guitars in trade????
when can you send it out? :twisted:
LOL .. maybe one day bro
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

haha, ok . hey I will even cover postage!
teej

Post by teej »

mp5999 wrote:haha, ok . hey I will even cover postage!
it glows in the dark too :P
doublev

Post by doublev »

i am not anti rosewood , maybe it doesn't look as cool, but i have no problem with the sound, it has its place i think. i have an italian made guitar with an olive wood fingerboard which sounds great, its from the 60s.
but if i had to custom order its got to be ebony.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:i am not anti rosewood , maybe it doesn't look as cool, but i have no problem with the sound, it has its place i think. i have an italian made guitar with an olive wood fingerboard which sounds great, its from the 60s.
but if i had to custom order its got to be ebony.
doublev ,My feelings EXACTLY.

Teej, I would love to see a picture of your VVV glowing in the dark. GET TO WORK ON THAT !!!! :lol: :lol:

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

will do PB but not till December when i am re-united with it sadly
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

What address is that guitar being stored at ? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

ahha .. somewhere very remote in the North of Scotland ;)
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Trevor,
You got to love Dan Lawrence paint jobs. There is a very high end guitar boutique in my home town called Wild West Guitars that he does work on there expensive ass guitars. Depending on what it is I think that he charges $500 to $800 per guitar for his artistic genious.

He is worth it and you get a one of a kind collectible.

Kev
teej

Post by teej »

Dan´s a really nice guy .. he remembered my guitar out of the millions he´s done work on .. and his work is stellar
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's not every day he paints a glow in the dark snakeskin VVV!! I'm guessing he painted it in the 80's too? Do you know if he did Teej?

He may remember my GMW, there aren't too many of the exact same style graphic, or he might remember it from the fallout afterwards when it turned to crap. Not sure if he heard about that though.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
teej

Post by teej »

yeah he painted it origionally too
Slayer

Re: my ever expanding collection

Post by Slayer »

mp5999 wrote:thought you guys might enjoy some of these as they are mainly either guitars of my heroes or just ones I thought were pretty cool when I was younger. I have other guitars throughout the house I will have to get pics of later. As usual sorry for my crappy picture taking, double click any to enlarge.

here are 2 kiss murals I have in the guitar room also,

You and TJ did a great job designing that shadow V
David

Post by David »

You can sell me the Hamer Scepter :D
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

I have been toying around with selling it as I never ever play it but I had to have one because when I was a young kid I went to see Judas Priest and I fell in love with Tiptons (dont much care for the one they made for him after that though) .Man it took FOREVER to find one , I wander how many they made. Shoot me an offer.

Heres a pic of my star that I finally got yesterday after a years wait!
Attachments
star.jpg
star.jpg (90.3 KiB) Viewed 10605 times
David

Post by David »

mp5999 wrote:I have been toying around with selling it as I never ever play it but I had to have one because when I was a young kid I went to see Judas Priest and I fell in love with Tiptons (dont much care for the one they made for him after that though) .Man it took FOREVER to find one , I wander how many they made. Shoot me an offer.

Heres a pic of my star that I finally got yesterday after a years wait!
They made those for 3 or 4 years. I've had 2 of those, one was purple & red, the other was like champagne & black. Are you interested in any trades?

I'm selling this one...

If not, let me know what you'd be willing to part with for.

David
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's a killer star! I love it.
teej

Post by teej »

is a splash not a star .. but if it had a trem i'd be in the running
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
David

Post by David »

teej wrote:is a splash not a star .. but if it had a trem i'd be in the running
I think he was referring to the Jackson Star in the pic above mine. My guitar is a BC Rico "Rich" Wave.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, the Jackson Star with maple neck a few posts up, super sweet, but I love my Jacksons and Charvels.
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

ok , bored at work and thought I would add some stuff to the forum today.

This is a lefty explorer I thought was really cool looking as I had never seen one. No I dont play left handed, but this thing looks really neat hanging next to the righty!
Attachments
explorers.jpg
explorers.jpg (72.38 KiB) Viewed 10399 times
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

and heres a "Malmsteenized" strat I have , I love surf green!
Attachments
strat5.jpg
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

That Star turned out really good! It played and sounded awesome.
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

TJMonster wrote:That Star turned out really good! It played and sounded awesome.
TJ, Great job on that Star !!! 8) 8) 8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

I only made the holes in it and set it up.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

You are great with holes !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

That's what all my exs say. They also say I'm a dick. What a coincidence.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

If the size and girth matches the stench factor, then you Sir have a HUGE cock.

NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

WTF! Lol
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Still jealous of mp5999's guitars and TJ's cock.

NEWBEGINNINGS
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

rick this ones for you. btw- fastest neck I have ever played , and coolest headstock!
Attachments
killer.jpg
killer.jpg (90.05 KiB) Viewed 9980 times
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

OH my GOD dude !!! You remembered ??? !!! That guitar just seems so right !!! BEAUTIFUL.

Tell the story of how and when you got it and for how much ??? PLEASE.

NEWBEGINNINGS
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

I have been really into loudness since I was a kid and the rock and roll crazy nights song hit the states. If you guys get a chance they put out a killer cd a few years back thats just great titled "racing" and its sung in English, not Japanese. They have a ton of other cd's out, I just really dig that one. Anyways. I had been looking for one of these Killer Prime guitars for awhile now and it seems short of getting lucky like I did and finding a used one for sale here in the states you can only get them from Japan. I have sent a few emails over the years to the website but I never got a reply. Probably due to me doing a shitty job trying to translate what I needed (the site is all in Japanese). Check it out for some pretty cool pics - www.killer.jp
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

mp5999 wrote:rick this ones for you. btw- fastest neck I have ever played , and coolest headstock!
Go Akira!

I've looked at a few of these and they are quite spendy!
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Akira, those are beautiful, did you bid on some of Vinnie's at Julien's Auction a couple of months ago?
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

I would have bid on "and won" several items but I didn't even know about the auction ;(
I moved to Texas to start a new job earlier this year and was to preoccupied to stay up with the forum or I would have known !!

On a good note, loudness are playing here next month and I totally plan on having Akira sign my "killer" !!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

mp5999 wrote:I would have bid on "and won" several items but I didn't even know about the auction ;(
I moved to Texas to start a new job earlier this year and was to preoccupied to stay up with the forum or I would have known !!

On a good note, loudness are playing here next month and I totally plan on having Akira sign my "killer" !!

Too cool and welcome back brother

K
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Slayer wrote: Too cool and welcome back brother

K

Yes indeedy! And where HAVE you been young Master Clint? :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(