NGD - Yamaha acoustic

Talk about your equipment
Genebaby
Site Admin

NGD - Yamaha acoustic

Post by Genebaby »

Finally got off my butt and have bought myself a decent acoustic. Over 20 electrics and only a crappy laminate top Epiphone from 94 to my name.

This is the new one, should be here tomorrow maybe. Yamaha APX1200.

It does some trick modelling when using the output from the pickups and is meant to sound fantastic for recording and live use. I also like that it's not too deep so will be comfortable to play.

I really don't buy guitars much anymore, but it doesn't seem like that lately does it?

I honestly don't know when my next one will happen, but if I see another of the new Charvels in dual hum config I may be in trouble!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Brooklyn_Born

Re: NGD - Yamaha acoustic

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

That is a Beautiful guitar Vic.. Nice work!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

i have a takamine acoustic - havent played it in ages
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:That is a Beautiful guitar Vic.. Nice work!
Thanks. I am hoping to get it today. Then need to put on new strings and set her up!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Skwint wrote:i have a takamine acoustic - havent played it in ages
Nice! I hope to play more acoustic now I have a decent one. Got to relearn some acoustic songs I used to play in the 90's.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote:
Skwint wrote:i have a takamine acoustic - havent played it in ages
Nice! I hope to play more acoustic now I have a decent one. Got to relearn some acoustic songs I used to play in the 90's.
What...like Blister in the Sun!!!!! :P :P :P :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Sahweeeeet! :-)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No luck on getting the guitar today. I rang before I left work in case it was there and I could get it on the way home, but it was still in transit.

Should be there tomorrow now and I have the day off to help out with my daughters first athletics carnival, so I'll be able to get it after school finishes. We can go together in the XR8, she loves that.

I was talking to a friend at work and realised I can give her my old acoustic, so that worked out pretty good.

I am keen to get a set of Ernie Ball Acoustic Slinky's for this, probably in 11-52, as I love Slinky's for my electric guitars. I used to play the Earthwoods for the unwound G but I won't worry about that anymore and go for more TONE!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Bit of a slight anti-climax with the guitar today. I got it, it was lovely. I had to rush to get the guitar after Serena's athletics carnival to get home in time to meet a tradesman.

I had a few minutes so I tried to tune it up but couldn't get any output to my tuner, nor would the onboard tuner work. I figured I would have to read the manual as it must be more complicated than I realised.

Nope. Mucking around with it later on I got nothing and it says the onboard tuner should function when you press the button but it didn't. Looking at the battery clip and checking that I somehow realised that there was only output if I pushed in the clip further with my finger.

What a friggin' fail. Not playing with it anymore as I'll have to tell them about it. Knowing there is no other black ones in the country means I don't know what will happen.

Otherwise it's very nice and I couldn't wait to put some new strings on it, but that's all on the back burner now.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Bummer. The risk of buying online I guess!! Hope you work it out.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Small fail for such a cool guitar. Play on PLAYA !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Andrew, I didn't buy it online, and this is why I decided to get it locally, it is from Pro Audio.

I am bummed as I was hoping to have it restrung and ready for Monday night, when I finish my guitar parts for the EP, but without working electronics it's not gonna happen.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Get it repaired and send them the bill.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote:Andrew, I didn't buy it online, and this is why I decided to get it locally, it is from Pro Audio.

I am bummed as I was hoping to have it restrung and ready for Monday night, when I finish my guitar parts for the EP, but without working electronics it's not gonna happen.
Double Bummer then! Tear them a new one!!!! Didn't they do a pre-sell check over? Very sloppy! Nunzio Gamble would be spitting chips if he still owned the store!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ivan and I opened the box from Yamaha ourselves yesterday, it was fresh off the boat!!

My guitar guy is their premiere guitar guy so he will hopefully check it out later today if we can get our schedules lined up, otherwise it will be into next week as I am off to Brisbane tomorrow with work!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote: I am off to Brisbane tomorrow with work!!!
You globe trotter you!!!!!! How long for???
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Just till Sunday avo, back here around 6pm. I haven't packed yet, been looking into solar systems online.

The guitar has been fixed. Russ mucked about with the spring contact in the guitar body and all is well. He also shaved a bit off the bridge to lower the action a tad. I'll tweak the truss rod a bit and then he plans to groove the bridge to lower the strings a bit more, but that would take more time than we had today, after the shaving.

I think I am going to like this guitar very much!

I ordered a few sets of Ernie Ball Slinky acoustics from the US today, I'll wait till they arrive before I change strings, I'll leave the Martin's for another day.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Good to hear!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Am in Brisvegas now!! Missing the family and my guitars already......lol.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Say hello to Anna for me! The troll!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, been loving this guitar lately and my EB strings finally arrived today so I have put them on and about to go out and have an acoustic jam with a mate.

Highly recommend this model, it has so many nice touches. Mahogany binding on the body and even has wood binding on the fretboard. Took me a while to notice that one.