what was your first guitar

Talk about your equipment
shramiac

Re: what was your first guitar

Post by shramiac »

Found some pics of my early guitars!

First guitar I owned. Onyx Les Paul with plywood body but it looked and played ok!

I then bought an Onyx "strat" similar to one of Adrian Smith's Jacksons (sort of)!!!!
My first amp is also there, the Gorilla! I still own it! The other Onyx and amp were a friend's! I set his action a little lower but his neck was crappolla!!!!

And last but not least, the first instrument I owned! My Conqueror (!?!?!?) drum kit with a Maxtone snare!!! The pearl wrap had faded bad so I put "Contact book covering" on it to spruce it up and it doesn't look that bad!!! Rotos were a knock-off not Remos, cymbals were all old Paistes except the hats which were Ufips and the splash which was a no name! The 16" Paiste China was my 17th birthday present! Still have it, the rotos and the snare!

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I can see an Eric Carr pin up from TV Week nov 1980 in the last pic! Was it up for inspiration while drumming??
I've still got that pinup :D
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool 80's gear man!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:I can see an Eric Carr pin up from TV Week nov 1980 in the last pic! Was it up for inspiration while drumming??
I've still got that pinup :D
You got that right BB! Him, Peter and Nicko. I have that pic somewhere here too. Above it was the pic of Peter with the green backlighting that was also from TV week.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Go Andrew! Nice top on the Les Paul. I had one of those Gorilla's too back in the day.

Kev
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Slayer wrote:Go Andrew! Nice top on the Les Paul. I had one of those Gorilla's too back in the day.

Kev
Yeah not bad for plywood! And it was only $219 back in 1986!!!!
Trixxy

Post by Trixxy »

my first guitar was this white squire strat, its next to my late 80's GTX
the strat is jake e lee inspired
Attachments
268838_114760115283642_100002489636378_123634_2236438_n.jpg
268838_114760115283642_100002489636378_123634_2236438_n.jpg (69.91 KiB) Viewed 1176 times