Guy buys fake VV guitar and reviews it.

Talk about Vinnie's equipment
aeroflott

Guy buys fake VV guitar and reviews it.

Post by aeroflott »

Spoiler: Its a piece of shit.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Guy buys fake VV guitar and reviews it.

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, it's a piece of shit alright, and Vinnie will sell you one for big $$$$ if you let him!!!

If you have already bought one of these from Vinnie, then that's too bad.

It's not even worth it as a wall hanging, it looks super crap and cheap and is nowhere near how good Tom's original was.

It's an embarrassing guitar. At least this guy knew it going in, didn't pay much for it, and had already set his expectations low, low, low. LoL....
Commander in chief - VVF Army
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Wait. Are you suggesting these things have a connection with Vinnie?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh yeah man!!

Vinnie has the balls to sell these for $US5500!

The vinnievincent.com website seems unreachable for me, so I used the Way Back Machine to grab this screenshot.
Vinnie Guitar.png
And here's a pic of Vinnie' with his "old" singer Scott and one of these pieces of shit.
Vinnie_Vincent_Scott_Board_May_29_2023_1.jpg
Where's Vinnie getting these guitars? Somewhere from China via Aliexpress for sure. We have written about it before, just get your own at a MUCH cheaper price, or better yet, buy one second hand, like this guy, for an even cheaper price. If you're in the US, otherwise, just order from China yourself.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I can see the website again, the Chinnie Chincent guitars (as we call them) are all on it. Look at the price on the god-awful "Creatures Strat". US$10K, and it would be the easier guitar to make and probably cheaper for Vinnie to buy, a couple of hundred bucks. Who knows why he prices it so high.

The Jackson guitars on the website are (as far as I know) legit Jacksons, but they are the cheapest Rhoads models available from Jackson, a far, far cry from anything he played in KISS. It is only the pink and gold ones do have to get painted as they don't come in those colours from Jackson. This is fairly easy as it's a bolt on neck, but still needs to be done well and a Rhoads shape is more difficult to paint well with the bevels and edges, so you gotta hope it's just not a quick spray can job over the original Jackson paint........
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Jesus Christ on a bike.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, it's a bit like that man. This is price gouging on a whole new level and he's been trying it on for a while now.

I really hope hardly anyone has bought themselves one of these genuine, overpriced Chinnie Chincent guitars but I think in the early days of their availabiity some people may have. For what reason I cannot fathom, but they probably can't tell a good guitar from a bad one and will never play it. Instead it will hang on a wall, looking like a cheap piece of crap, that cost a lot. Sigh.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

"Tin foil finish" on the chrome cracked me up.

Nothing worse than a knock-off Floyd Rose.

Even the TRS Floyds on the cheap Ibanez and other mid priced brands piss all over those PoS.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(