Yes, I see it now.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
DarrenD

Re: VVV and Washburn

Post by DarrenD »

Damn you guys have attention to detail!

I'm still on to getting more info of this guitar from the guy who made it. The drawn blueprints are still around but in a storage warehouse that hasn't been touched in probably 20 years. This summer (hopefully June and not August :!: ) I was promised that the old materials would be searched and detailed pictures would be taken.

We can only hope.... :o
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

That's very exciting news Darren! Keep us all posted!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Darren! Anal would probably best describe us!!!!!

Best of luck with the blueprints.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Those blueprints would KICK ASS!!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
teej

Post by teej »

for sure would make interesting reading
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Blueprints straight to TJ MONSTERso we can get the fucker made !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Word! :twisted:
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:Blueprints straight to TJ MONSTERso we can get the fucker made !!!
I'd guess you could run into serious legal trouble if you used the Washburn blueprints to make a guitar! Since the Stephens cutaway is on there and that is defiantly covered by design patents! :?:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
teej

Post by teej »

I cant see them being that different to the Jackson design .. and there is the issue of provability .. who's to say if he did or didnt use them ;).. the only differences would be wood type (if any) and neck scale .. not a lot there
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

He can't get into any trouble if he doesn't SELL them. :wink: :wink: :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I only meant in respect to the Stephen's neck joint not the body shape.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Anyone can "make" it , you just can't "sell" it. Even if you incorporate the cutaway.

NEWBEGINNINGS
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

The blueprints are supposedly hand drawn, so I don't think there won't be too many specifics in general in regards to detail (drafts)- or surprises for that matter in regards to specs - I'm guessing he just went after copying the Jackson and adding the customization specific to the washburn. Hopefully no mice got to it!
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

any updates?
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

Nope sorry - haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping at the end of the month.
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

Ok guys, it's been almost a decade. Have we found any new pictures within the last 10 years of Vinnie's Washburn?

I might being back Vintage Washburn

Wow, time flies.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah man, holy crap. I can't recall if we found anything over that time, but my memory is not good for those things.

Shram would probably remember.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Julian's Auction?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Hey Darren! Long time indeed.

Vinnie still has it. Two years back I was talking with an intermediary when Randy was still Vinnie's manager/agent about the possibility of buying it but....too much $$$$$$. :(

Sadly the only pictures are the ones we've already seen. No doubt there'd be more in Vinnie's collection.

Before the "Vintage Washburn" page closed, you had a picture up with a Washburn logo silkscreen where you could just make out "Vinnie Vincent". I have it saved on a PC somewhere, no doubt others saved it too. Whether this was for a Vinnie VVV or the rumoured superstrat (when Grover Jackson was working for Washburn), we don't know?

P.S. I think the Washburn was the prettiest of all the VVVs. The gold really popped on that one. It's not gaudy like an umm... say... a glow in the dark green snake skin! :P :P :P

It's one of the bugbears for the guitar nerds here and back on the old doublev forum. We'd LOVE to know the technical stuff about Vinnie's gear....maybe one day?
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

Cool! Thanks for the the info. I have a rough draft version of the new website started here: https://vintagewashburn.net/vinnie-vincent-signature/

I'll get still-frame pictures fro the "That Time of Year" video and post them on as well. Maybe I'll try to reconnect with Steve Davis again to see if he found anything again. These guys aren't getting any younger.

I don't think we ever found out what model the silk screen was for. I do know that a guy in Japan owns one of the Venom MG900 guitars. Joe Perry still has his, I think.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Site looks good! Just like it did before.

I think I sent you the still from the video? I remember telling you about the guitar being in the video.

Would be great if Mr Davis got back to you. Would love to know if he still has blueprints/plans on the build.
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

I have one still frame that shows the D-tuner on the guitar, but that's it. I think I lost the other photos of it. Not a big deal as I can just download the video and take it from there, but if you still have those frames, please send them to me. Has there been a higher quality HD version of the video anywhere?

We might all be close to death before we get anymore details on the guitar, but man, we're trying! We have to get lucky at some point. :)
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

Ok I did find a few still frames, and yes, Vinnie does have "Stephen's Extended Cutaway" on the guitar much like the neck-through Washburn EC29 of the same year(s). Very interesting.

I did find this one floating on the internet/facebook as well:

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nice.

There’s actually a 36 fret version of the EC for sale in Australia at the moment. It has the rare monkey grip too.

Approx $US1400

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/nambour ... 1236840745
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:52 pm Nice.

There’s actually a 36 fret version of the EC for sale in Australia at the moment. It has the rare monkey grip too.

Approx $US1400

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/nambour ... 1236840745
That is pretty nice Andrew, BUY IT ;-)
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

Monkey grips on EC36s are very rare. I might also add that the EC29s/36s are made amazingly well and some of the best guitars I've ever played. Great example of the Kasuga Japan factory at their best. They were also very expensive to make.

I think Steve liked to use three-piece lamination on his neck-throughs during this era, and I would guess the VV Washburn has the three-piece stressed necked system similar to what Hamer also used during this time. However, that's just an educated guess.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That 36th fret would be good for annoying the neighbour’s noisy dog! :P
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Waaaaaay too many frets!
n3p

Post by n3p »

suddenly got GAS...

edit: oh wait, it's now linking me to a Pod pedal - probably for the best :D
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

If you're really precise, the 36 frets are fully accessible, but not easy. Here is a modified EC36 with whole notes I used to own. It's now hanging up in on an EC collector's place in Seattle. The whole note modification makes it easy to hit those dog whistle territories and is actually really fun to play. Hell, you can even get creative with it. I really miss this one:

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Totally cool guitar - Something different
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I doubt i could pick on those things. I have to wind the middle P/U on my Jems right down.